does anyone worry............

This is a discussion on does anyone worry............ within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; .........about the clips showing on your tuckable holster. I just got mine and was wondering if anyone had ask what the clips were for, and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

.........about the clips showing on your tuckable holster. I just got mine and was wondering if anyone had ask what the clips were for, and if so what response did you give.
    A gun is a useful tool for making holes at a distance

"People cannot be effectually oppressed and enslaved, who are not FIRST DISARMED" Texas Supreme Court 1859 (Cockrum vs State)

The "P" Principal
    Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    With all the cellphone holders and other belt accessories out today clips on pants are almost commonplace. If youre that worried about it, then simply purchase a cell phone holder and place it close to the exposed clips.

More than likely people wont notice anayways, and if they do, its really none of their buisness anyways.
    Fear No Evil.

A number of holster manufacturers (examples at comp-tac.com or tuckergunleather.com) offer IWB holsters supported by J-clips, where the clip passes behind the belt, C-clips, where the exterior face of the belt is not covered by the clip, and V-clips, which don't show at all because they attach to the inside face of the belt with velcro, although you have to prepare each of your belts in advance.

If someone ever asks me what the clips are for, I am prepared to say that it is a rather private matter that I prefer not to discuss in detail, but that the clips support a medical device that just might save my life someday.

I like the J Clips as well. My respnonse will be ( though never needed yet, most sheeple are clueless ) "It's a medical pump". I'm just not saying what it actually pumps!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    "Its for my cholostomy bag."

Sheeple will run the other way.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

You'd be surprised if anyone notices anything at all. I wear a pocket knife that has a silver clip on it behind my belt so that when I wear my black slacks for work the clip comes down past my belt a couple inches. With black slacks and a silver clip, there's no freaking way that anyone with half a brain can mistake that it's there. Well, I can tell you that no one ever has said anything about it.

Whether someone has noticed it, they know what it is or they have no clue, I don't know. But I can tell you that no one has ever called me on it.

Cheers.

I don't think it's an issue at all. As has been said, everybody's carrying something clipped to their belt these days. Nobody thinks anything about it. If someone is staring at your belt too much, maybe they're just interested in you . . . ifyaknowhudImean.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

VIP Member
    I usually have at least a tee shirt covering my weapon and sometimes a vest, in winter a jacket. I keep my wallet in my left rear pocket when carrying so I don't lift my shirt or whatever exposing anything on my gun side.

No tuckables for me but I don't have to wear business clothing either!
    Last edited by Thumper; August 12th, 2006 at 05:10 PM.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I refuse to use a tuckable as a tucked holster myself . so no i dont worry lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

No one has ever noticed.

I have been carrying for a number of years and have many friends who carry.

I make it a habit to try to make them when I know my buddies are carrying. About 95% of the time it is difficult or impossible to make them.....and I know they are carrying.

Most people are oblivious to the fact that you are carrying and could care less.

Blooptube

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    ive never been asked.....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Some folks carry a double stack or 2 single stack mags in a cellphone holster. The older style Nokia ones are a perfect fit for mags.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    no one has ever noticed mine!
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    tell em its to hold you garters up lmao i belive sheep have limited vision if it dont petain to them they dont see it thats why there always suprised when bad things happen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links