Work carry concerns...

This is a discussion on Work carry concerns... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Max tuck or super tuck?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Work carry concerns...

Max tuck or super tuck?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by jjmobo View Post
    Ok so i work at S.O.S., save our strays, an animal shelter. The job involves cleaning all the cages, feeding them, generally giving them attention and helping people with adoptions. It is a job where i sweet some what but not a lot. I have a shoulder holster that i usually carry my bersa thunder 380 in, but im afraid my sweating will erode it. I also own a IWB holster, also leather, but im afraid a dog will jump up and knock it loose. I need help in deciding if i should carry or leave it in the car? Or keep it in my bag in my locker? Or is there a holster option or gun choice i should make for this job. I ware jeans and a t-shirt and if its cold i have a zip up hoodie. Thanks for all the help.
    Sorry if I missed something.. but are you male or female? (your profile doesn't say and I can't tell from your username)

I'm just curious if you are female, if keeping it in a purse is an option? I know it isn't always the best choice, but if your next best choice is in the car or a locker, then the purse would be nearby. This may sound crazy, but one of my male friends carries a "murse" (known as a man-purse) but it is actually a tactical bag he got from a gun store but it is designed to sling around your shoulder. He carries that thing around with him pretty much just like a woman would carry a purse and he keeps his gun (among other things) inside. Nobody really pays much attention to it, even though I'd probably be self-conscious about wearing one myself. But one the advantages he points out to me is that he can keep the zipper open on the top and the gun can be accessed almost as fast as an open-carry situation. If something looks suspicious, he can actually put his hand down inside of it while walking and have his hand already around the gun without anyone really realizing it. So it would give the option of a very fast response and it also allows carrying pretty much any type of firearm you might want.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

male

i have thought about that but i would have to leave it in the office and it would not do to much help if i was cleaning the dog area.

Minotaur M-Tac, CB Supertuck or Galco V-Tuck will do the job great for you.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Max Tuck and Supertuck are basically identical, from what I can tell. Max Tuck just doesn't have little crosses on the belt clips. For some that's a bug, for some it's a feature.

I would think any good IWB is going to hold the gun securely. If the dog is roughing you up enough to dislodge the gun you have bigger problems than a loose gun. The dog is attacking you so violently that you might want to consider drawing!

As far as pocket carry, if its in a pocket holster then the shape should be broken up enough that no one will recognize it as a gun. Besides, the general public is not looking at your thigh that closely, or at least they shouldn't be. At most they will think you have a cell phone or wallet in your pocket.

hmm good advice. the problem is not just being disloged, its my sweating or running after dogs

Pocket carry...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have a fairly expensive HK pistol that I carry while walking every night. I carry it in a cheap IWB nylon holster. During the summer months I do sweat from the walk and I spray the gun down every few days with some silicon spray that I keep by the backdoor, I even spray a little inside the holster. I never had any problems with rust or corrosion on the firearm. If you like your shoulder holster I would keep using it and do a little gun maintenance every few days.

How about.... inspecting your weapon and holster every night. Cleaning your weapon. When the holster needs replacing, replace it.

VIP Member
    It is a gun not a precious work of art. Carry it however and wipe it down at the end of the day.

I have $2000 plus weapons systems and still carry them as normal and simply wipe them down at the end of the day. The firearm is a tool you are the weapon.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Just chiming in here, but it sure sounds like a J frame in a pocket holster would solve it all for ya; I know it works for me around the office... Just a suggestion.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

ok so should i invest in a new holster or use my shoulder rig.

by the way thanks for the great support

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links