Saw this sign on line.... - Page 2

Saw this sign on line....

This is a discussion on Saw this sign on line.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by JJVP I knew I had seen that pic before. It is a liquor store. Uptown Liquor uptownliquor.net 300 W Central Texas Expy ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Saw this sign on line....

Quote Originally Posted by JJVP View Post
    I knew I had seen that pic before. It is a liquor store.

Uptown Liquor
    uptownliquor.net
    300 W Central Texas Expy #103
    Harker Heights, TX 76548

TexasCHLforum.com • View topic - Best "Non 30.06" sign ever.
    If so, it is outside of Fort Hood, Tx (Central Texas) I will check it out when I go home next March.

That is totally cool! I'd sure like to see some signs like that around Ohio. Texas is a bit far to drive to get a 10% discount, especially if it is a liquor store, since I no longer drink!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

What a coincidence. When we went to the movies last night the box office lady asked if we had student or military ID's. When we walked off I said to my wife, "Wouldn't it be great if places offered a discount for CHL holders?" And sure enough, I open this up and see this post. i wish there were more places like that.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

It's a liquor store. The give aways are the sign on the right that states that minors cannot enter without a parent and the sign below that states "The unlicensed possesion of a weapon..." You only see those 2 on Liquor Stores. Now WHERE it is in this great state I have no idea!

PS, without a CHL it is a class B felony (10 years!) in Texas to walk into a liquor store with a weapon.

Nice! I'd frequent that store.

Kind of gives the impression to the would-be robbers that they will get 100% of the daily recommended dose of copper jacketed lead during the commission of an armed robbery.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

If you like that store, you'll love this bank.

Brenham Banner-Press > Archives > News > Bank encourages second amendment
    TN_Mike likes this.

I open carry in my bank on occasion...and my investment broker usually calls me over to his office to see what I'm carrying that day (whether open or concealed...he's a handgun guy too and he knows I always have something). He really likes my xd40sc. I haven't showed him my new Glock 36 yet. No one has ever gotten the least bit concerned about it (of course, in a small town everyone knows everyone, so it isn't a big deal). The other day I was in there and the bank president came over and shook my hand congratulating me on my new job and pending move to Florida...xd40sc on my hip in plain sight...no concern at all.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    That would become my favorite store...no matter what they sold!

Quote Originally Posted by baren View Post
    If so, it is outside of Fort Hood, Tx (Central Texas) I will check it out when I go home next March.
    Thanks very much for your service Baren. Safe travels.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Liquor store huh? I'm not much of a drinker anymore, but I'd still go in and window shop and buy some gifts for friends.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

that is a great sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell47 View Post
    It's a liquor store. The give aways are the sign on the right that states that minors cannot enter without a parent and the sign below that states "The unlicensed possesion of a weapon..." You only see those 2 on Liquor Stores. Now WHERE it is in this great state I have no idea!

PS, without a CHL it is a class B felony (10 years!) in Texas to walk into a liquor store with a weapon.
    Not to mention the bottles full of Jose Cuervo Golden Margarita's on display just inside the store on the right hand side of the photo.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links