Defensive Carry banner

Saw this sign on line....

3K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  Bark'n 
#1 ·
I was looking at Bendbox! Your daily dose of one dozen random safe-for-work photos! the other day and I saw this picture posted there and I thought it was awesome. I have no idea where in Texas this was taken or what kind of business it is posted on but I'd support the heck out of them if I did. Seeing this makes me even more excited about the possibility of moving to Texas in the near future....

Font Photo caption Advertising

See less See more
#4 ·
The Military must be weeding out their "shrubs" cause theres a bush in the window,It looks like it could be either a flower shop,or yard decorations,looks like ceramic planters in the background.

It ain't a smoked meats/jerky store or there would be a line out the door with numbers "now serving 327"

#12 ·
-
10% for showing your CHL.

Another 5% if you're actually carrying... :smile:

#13 ·
Would make the BG's think about going in there!

#17 ·
That is totally cool! I'd sure like to see some signs like that around Ohio. Texas is a bit far to drive to get a 10% discount, especially if it is a liquor store, since I no longer drink!:image035:

#18 ·
What a coincidence. When we went to the movies last night the box office lady asked if we had student or military ID's. When we walked off I said to my wife, "Wouldn't it be great if places offered a discount for CHL holders?" And sure enough, I open this up and see this post. i wish there were more places like that.

#19 ·
It's a liquor store. The give aways are the sign on the right that states that minors cannot enter without a parent and the sign below that states "The unlicensed possesion of a weapon..." You only see those 2 on Liquor Stores. Now WHERE it is in this great state I have no idea!

PS, without a CHL it is a class B felony (10 years!) in Texas to walk into a liquor store with a weapon.

#27 ·
It's a liquor store. The give aways are the sign on the right that states that minors cannot enter without a parent and the sign below that states "The unlicensed possesion of a weapon..." You only see those 2 on Liquor Stores. Now WHERE it is in this great state I have no idea!

PS, without a CHL it is a class B felony (10 years!) in Texas to walk into a liquor store with a weapon.
Not to mention the bottles full of Jose Cuervo Golden Margarita's on display just inside the store on the right hand side of the photo.

#20 ·
Nice! I'd frequent that store.

Kind of gives the impression to the would-be robbers that they will get 100% of the daily recommended dose of copper jacketed lead during the commission of an armed robbery.

#22 ·
I open carry in my bank on occasion...and my investment broker usually calls me over to his office to see what I'm carrying that day (whether open or concealed...he's a handgun guy too and he knows I always have something). He really likes my xd40sc. I haven't showed him my new Glock 36 yet. No one has ever gotten the least bit concerned about it (of course, in a small town everyone knows everyone, so it isn't a big deal). The other day I was in there and the bank president came over and shook my hand congratulating me on my new job and pending move to Florida...xd40sc on my hip in plain sight...no concern at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.