Who has gotten lazy?

Who has gotten lazy?

This is a discussion on Who has gotten lazy? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here lately I have been getting lazy strapping on my 9mm before I leave the house. I don't know why or how this happened... I ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Who has gotten lazy?

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Who has gotten lazy?

Here lately I have been getting lazy strapping on my 9mm before I leave the house. I don't know why or how this happened... I used to make it a point to put it on EVERY time I left the house. Just over the past few months I've noticed I forget to grab my gun when I leave. I'd say about 25% of the time I leave, I don't grab it. It's not that I don't want to grab it, I just don't think about it until after I have left. Has this happened to anyone here? Why do you think it happens?

I mean I know the dangers, I have my LCTF, a proper holster... I've just been forgetting or simply omitting bringing it along. I wonder why.

Not with my weapons. With my hats.

Thankfully that has not happened to me yet.

I have gotten a little lazy about making it to the gym as much as I should since we moved to Indiana. In Tennessee the gym was 5 minutes away and was a very well equipped, large and reasonably priced gym. Here it is 20 minutes away, small, not well equipped and costs 3 times as much as the one in TN. Plus, with the cold weather here, my motivation has dropped to an all time low. Gotta do something about this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Nope. When I'm feeling lazy I put the .38 in my pocket.

The only time that I don't carry is in a NPE.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I intentionally didn't carry for a couple weeks once because I started a new medication. I studied the new med and felt I needed to see how it would affect me and give me some time to adjust. Everything was cool and I went back to carrying every day with no concerns or issues. I didn't "have" to do that, I just felt it prudent. Luckily, I did not experience any side-effects and I forged ahead business as usual.
    omaharj likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Not once.

It's like my watch and my wallet, my firearm is with me when I'm not at school...although my watch and wallet DO go to school.
    When I get home, unlocking the safe is my first chore.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; October 29th, 2011 at 10:23 AM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    Here lately I have been getting lazy strapping on my 9mm before I leave the house. I don't know why or how this happened... I used to make it a point to put it on EVERY time I left the house. Just over the past few months I've noticed I forget to grab my gun when I leave. I'd say about 25% of the time I leave, I don't grab it. It's not that I don't want to grab it, I just don't think about it until after I have left. Has this happened to anyone here? Why do you think it happens?
    I wouldn't call it "lazy" if the reason you don't bring it is due to forgetfulness. However, I have had spells over the years where I'll get lazy about carrying for a few months. However, that is why i finally gave up and bought a smaller carry gun as an alternative to the usual gear. When I'm being lazy, I grab the bug.. Such as this evening we went to the movies and I just didn't feel like putting on all the usual equipment, so I just grabbed the bug and put it in my jacket. Its better than nothing on those lazy days.
    smolck likes this.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

I get up, it goes on when I get dressed and comes off when I go to bed at night. It's just part of the routine anymore.
    10thmtn likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I must admit the couple weeks that I chose not to carry because of a new medication, it just didn't feel right. It was a very uncomfortable feeling.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I think I came close to leaving the house the other week without it but I caught myself. Its pretty much a part of my routine right now and I think if I didn't have it with me, it would feel weird.

There are times I think about not carrying but then I think how helpless I would be if this one time is when the BG chose me or my family. Not happening. I am like adric22. In order to ensure I always carry I have smaller guns. I got a Kahr .380 for these occasions. Nice and small.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I wouldn't call it "lazy" if the reason you don't bring it is due to forgetfulness. However, I have had spells over the years where I'll get lazy about carrying for a few months. However, that is why i finally gave up and bought a smaller carry gun as an alternative to the usual gear. When I'm being lazy, I grab the bug.. Such as this evening we went to the movies and I just didn't feel like putting on all the usual equipment, so I just grabbed the bug and put it in my jacket. Its better than nothing on those lazy days.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. I'm not going to change into jeans and gear up to run to the store for 2 seconds to get a pack of smokes. My lack of a smaller gun makes this difficult.

VIP Member
    I think you hit the nail on the head. I'm not going to change into jeans and gear up to run to the store for 2 seconds to get a pack of smokes. My lack of a smaller gun makes this difficult.
    Me, either. I don't smoke, and I don't take little guns where big guns can go. I don't have to change into anything and gear up, because I am already geared up.

This is why I bought a ruger lcp last week to compliment my xdm compact. Ran out to pick up dinnerr with my athletic pants on and could still carry on!
    SA XDM Compact 9mm...that's my edc.... now proud owner of a ruger lcp
    And a Ruger 10/22......
    Jan 2012- got myself a mosin
    To be purchased next in unsure orderr: shotgun, ar, .45(1911 and other), revolver

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links