Going to Vegas

This is a discussion on Going to Vegas within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; NV law changed this year (as of July 1st). You no longer need to qualify with every semi-auto. Qualify with one, carry any. The same ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to Vegas

NV law changed this year (as of July 1st). You no longer need to qualify with every semi-auto. Qualify with one, carry any. The same goes for revolvers as of about 2 years ago. It does suck that NV no longer honors the UT permit. I think they dropped it in order to try and get more revenue from non-residents who regularly visit the state. However the requirement that training for a NV permit has to be conducted in NV really prevents them from getting a huge number of non-resident applicants.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Spclist View Post
    The best (and cheapest) option by far would be getting a CCW from Arizona as they now (as of 7/01/11) have a
    compact with the state of Nevada.
    Arizona CCW's can be done by mail if you can prove legitimate firearms training. Utah and Florida CCW's will suffice in lieu of training documentation proof the Arizona Public Safety Department tells me, if you don't have a DD 214 or hunter safety certificate on hand.

I hope this helps.
    +1 Arizona is the way to go, and is pretty broadly accepted elsewhere (see Handgunlaw.us).

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Whups, Not Nevada, he doe the Utah permit. Sorry.
    A buddy lives in Eastern Nevada and has a CCW. He told me to carry in Clark County he has to check in at the Sheriff's office, but he is OK everywhere else in NV.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    Whups, Not Nevada, he doe the Utah permit. Sorry.
    A buddy lives in Eastern Nevada and has a CCW. He told me to carry in Clark County he has to check in at the Sheriff's office, but he is OK everywhere else in NV.
    I remember reading unsustained rumors that a visitor had to register their gun with Clark County in order to carry there...maybe that is what he is thinking about?

Not true at all. Kurt is a great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    24 Yrs at a time. I am impressed, You go Girl
    NFR Tickets WOW I purchased some once in while from season ticket holders if they went not going. The tickets avaiable were mostly for the middle for the week.
    LOL...yeah, I meant hrs not yrs.

And the friend I meet there has 4 season tix...not great seats tho...and she renews them every yr. She goes for the whole 10 days every yr, but only goes a few nites and sells the rest and watches at the Gold Coast on big screen...it's on the big screens everywhere and you dont have to deal with Thomas and Mack traffic.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I remember reading unsustained rumors that a visitor had to register their gun with Clark County in order to carry there...maybe that is what he is thinking about?
    1) Only Clark County residents (more than 60 days) must register. Visitors do not.

2) A NV license is good throughout the state.

3) As stated AZ is the way to go.

I used Kurt Gepke and it worked out well. Takes an extra couple of hour during the day M-F to push through thr paperwork. It flows well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links