Defensive Carry banner

I hate this expression

5K views 50 replies 39 participants last post by  bmcgilvray 
#1 ·
I keep seeing this phrase

Carrying isn't suppose to be comfortable, it's supposed to be "comforting"
I really dislike it. To me, it ignores the fact that carrying CAN be painful, and if so, will not be done. The inconvenience I can deal with, but I have, literally, excruciating back pain at times and under those circumstances do not carry. I can't. I can barely move as it is. I have spent a considerable amount of time/energy/effort figuring out workable solutions, but reality is reality and when things become painful, people don't do it.

We all make choices in our lives and have to weigh the benefits vs. the risks.

#38 ·
"Carrying isn't suppose to be comfortable, it's supposed to be comforting."

This sounds like a response from a terrible customer service rep fielding complaints about their crummy IWB.

#39 ·
Everything I carry is comfortable. Took me a lot of money and a big box of misfit holsters but I found what works for me. Everyone has different body sizes and dimensions so finding what works for you is important. Worth every penny to me to achieve comfort..

#41 ·
I like the "comforting rather than comfortable" phrase very much. It represents sound advice. I have a Kel Tec P3AT and several other small pistols. I rarely carry them because I don't want to be required to fight with them. Some of these stunted, flea-weight creations that are currently so popular are wretched. Just because a pistol can be made so small and light doesn't mean that it should be.

As long as it is ever smaller and ever lighter it'll sell these days. Too many seem to remember their smallest dime store plastic water pistols they had as a kid and expect the real thing to weigh the same as the water pistol...without its water. Sometimes it seems that this current generation expects the best concealed carry handgun to have the size and weight of a paper clip, shoot the .500 S&W with manageable recoil, and hold 20 rounds.

You know who you are.

#42 ·
I keep seeing this phrase

I really dislike it. To me, it ignores the fact that carrying CAN be painful, and if so, will not be done. The inconvenience I can deal with, but I have, literally, excruciating back pain at times and under those circumstances do not carry. I can't. I can barely move as it is. I have spent a considerable amount of time/energy/effort figuring out workable solutions, but reality is reality and when things become painful, people don't do it.

We all make choices in our lives and have to weigh the benefits vs. the risks.
Sorry friend. My Minotaur M-TAC holsters are comfortable AND comforting.... But the truth is that carrying is supposed to make you feel more at ease. Comfort (physically speaking is just a secondary part. My suggestion is to find a weapon & carry method that are BOTH comforting AND comfortable... (J-Frame in a pocket holster perhaps?

#44 ·
As someone who makes there living as a personal trainer I would suggest anyone having pain when carrying try strengthen their core. I have helped many people with back injuries rehab to a point they could function. That being said, good luck with your injuries, hope you feel better. Also have you tried off body carry? It's slow but better than nothing.

#45 ·
I agree. I think it is a stupid statement. Personally, I don't see any reason why carrying can't be both comforting AND comfortable.

#47 ·
The only expression or phrase I absolutely hate when it comes to carrying is people that refer to a Concealed Pistol License as a "CCW". For example, "I took my CCW class", or "I just got my CCW", or "He has his CCW"........it's a concealed pistol license!!!! The media is famous for F*&^%ng that up all the time! CCW is Carrying a Concealed Weapon!!! It refers to the law, not the action!! Dummies!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.