ABC News-Concealed Carry Permit Holders Live In A Dream World - Page 2

ABC News-Concealed Carry Permit Holders Live In A Dream World

This is a discussion on ABC News-Concealed Carry Permit Holders Live In A Dream World within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by HotGuns I think ABC reporters live in a dream world. I could not agree more. Thank you!...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: ABC News-Concealed Carry Permit Holders Live In A Dream World

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I think ABC reporters live in a dream world.
    I could not agree more. Thank you!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Ah yes, because their 6 armed students possessed the mindset, training, and experience of average CHL holders. And they weren't playing against a stacked deck at all.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

The news anchor said the police cited this guy for carrying a concealed weapon. I'm confused. He has a license to carry. Why the citation?

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    That's been around awhile and we've discussed it here ad infinitum... But it lets you know just how the normal person thinks, thanks to watching "the news." It makes it harder to convince average Joe that a person with a permit to carry isn't just a wannabe superhero, with no ability to protect himself, let alone others.

The press rarely talks to someone who has defended themselves and or others successfully with a handgun.

For example:

There are many such incidents, far more than are reported. There are exceptions... like the one above. But, not often enough.

I saw this video a couple of weeks ago. I like how the test was a set up from the start. Oh well, we will always be surrounded by knuckle heads.

VIP Member
    ABC News lives in a world contrived to fit its agenda.
    mr.stuart likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dakeypoo View Post
    The news anchor said the police cited this guy for carrying a concealed weapon. I'm confused. He has a license to carry. Why the citation?
    It was something about the city of Omaha vs the rest of the state, as per some regulations, IIRC. I believe those charges were dropped in the end.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

where is the SA?? Never sit up front, in front of a door or window.

Let's see! Put the armed student in the middle of the room up front so the BG knows where they are. Nothing like a loaded Sitrep to make YOUR point look good.

Maybe ,make it like a real student in school event. Only the BG has a weapon as no one else can carry.

All of us know that our reactions will differ under stress. However, this was a set up for failure. They practiced shooting but not deploying from under the cover which really got to all of them. They also seemed to sit in the same place making it easier for the shooter to ID and then shoot them. What a scam.

I have seen this befire as well as the program when it aired. The video misses the deliberate tear jerker middle part of the hour. Plus my favorite when Diane Sawyer clains after investigation they could find NO INSTANCES where having a gun made you safe.

I am now worried. When I decide to carry in stiff holster with a thumb break, wear a tight long tee shirt, and sit in the assigned "shoot me" chair I feel my safety will be at risk. Otherwise not so much.

The show wasn't about finding any factual information , it was about the manipulation of people and the system.
    Dadsnugun and mr.stuart like this.

This sort of thing makes me angry...I really don't like the implication that my or our life choices are something to be judged by people who obviously don't have anyone's (but the fear mongerers) best interest at heart.

so they found a bunch of inexperienced people to portray your normal CCW holder? Brilliant way to make all of us look like a bunch of bungling fools. I would think that just a few of us here would have cleared leather and been on target in a couple of nano-seconds.

and who in the hades carries their Glock with a thumb break holster? D'oh!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO one.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    so they found a bunch of inexperienced people to portray your normal CCW holder? Brilliant way to make all of us look like a bunch of bungling fools. I would think that just a few of us here would have cleared leather and been on target in a couple of nano-seconds.

and who in the hades carries their Glock with a thumb break holster? D'oh!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO one.
    My how times change...forty years ago it seemed thumb breaks were the way to go...*sigh*...oh well...time marches on...

Anyone remember those clamshell holsters that were all the vogue for awhile?

Sorry for the jack...just get to reminiscing sometimes...*sigh*...

Back to topic...
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

I don't believe the Liberal Media. Period. CNN should lead your list of news orgs that do hatchet jobs like ABC did. I have seen fair and balanced discussions and news items on Fox concerning firearms. I wouldnt add them to your list. They stand apart from the list you posted. Fox is not perfect and sometimes do succumb to hype etc etc but Fox is way better than all the rest. ABC lost all credibility a long long time ago...
    Majorlk likes this.

Which network and tv news show was it that put rocket engines in chevy gas tanks cuz they couldn't make them blow up in a collision?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links