ABC News-Concealed Carry Permit Holders Live In A Dream World

This is a discussion on ABC News-Concealed Carry Permit Holders Live In A Dream World within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 1. Hire the most incompetent actors you can find 2. Do a hit piece on firearm owners...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: ABC News-Concealed Carry Permit Holders Live In A Dream World

1. Hire the most incompetent actors you can find
    2. Do a hit piece on firearm owners

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Which network and tv news show was it that put rocket engines in chevy gas tanks cuz they couldn't make them blow up in a collision?
    That was NBCs “Dateline” propaganda piece.

Dateline NBC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Yea, I forgot to add CNN, right at the top.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

I forced myself to watch this drivel when ABC first aired it; it took me a week to calm down.

A local independent paper tested the {start evil music} GUNSHOW LOOPHOLE. Although leftist they do tent to report fairly. Their reporter tried seven dealers at two different shows. The answer was always the same "No ID, no gun." He then went though the process to get a permit and was very impressed by he instruction he received. Although he said he will not carry, he found that those who do receive a good education on responsibility and legalities. Also not one person at the shows or class was out to be the new Rambo.
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    It's a toss-up as to which network is the most dis-honest and anti gun. My personal list is

MSNBC
    ABC
    NBC
    CBS
    FOX

As much as I think Fox is the most honest network, they jump on shooting stories with the same semi-hysteria as all the others. While their editorial content is pretty much fair and balanced, their story coverage isn't always held to the same standard.
    They ALL stink! I agree, FOX is probably better, ( maybe I'm biased? ), but you have to watch them all, then surf the net, and you will be better informed, but still probably won't know the real truth.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Well the good news is not very many normal thinking folks even watch ABC.

Have you seen or heard their rateings

I think ABC needs to be thanked for showing how unprepared most people are, and don't realize it.

Seriously, most people think they will rise to the incident. They view the gun as a pancea and whatever airsofting, range shooting or playing if video games as sufficient.

"When the times comes I'll know what to do!" thinking got these people slaughtered.

Oh, the situation was bad...but the people in it weren't that good.

If they were really interested in being good at this stuff, it's not hard to find reputable training that would have made the effective.

They didn't and they weren't.

So, biased reporting and a hit story?

Yes.

Was ABC wrong that most CCW people live in a dream world? Heh...hard to say.

Put me in the experiment, and don't tell the BG's who I am, lets see what happens.

And, with a gun I have experience with.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

All of this is besides the point anyway. Even if nobody in the history of the world had ever successfully defended themselves in such a situation, that doesn't mean that law-abiding citizens shouldn't have the right to be armed.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Honestly I was ticked when this first aired, and spent the next month calming down. This was pure , and honestly if it was a training exercise is an exercise on how to Lose, and deal with it afterwards.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Put me in the experiment, and don't tell the BG's who I am, lets see what happens.

And, with a gun I have experience with.
    + 1 !!!.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Here is the link to another test done only the shooter didn't know who had the gun or how many there were. Hope it works as the link is on USCCA membership site. (May not load)

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/gen...rginia-tech-2/
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

I dunno, I think this is a classic set-up piece by the "exposé" shows. There was actually a lot of good info in it if you ignore the obviously biased narrator... the same things we frequently say here: Training is essential. Lack of preparedness will kill you no matter how well armed you are. Guns don't make you invincible or bullet proof. Skills are perishable.

I would love to see the unedited reel. What do you want to bet that the police trainers' actual message was "if you're going to carry, you have to be prepared, trained, and here are the things you should watch out for"?

id like to see how the bad guy reacts if All the people in tghe classroom were armed and drew their guns and fired

The people behind designing and writing these skits have to be woken up. I don't know who exactly thought this one up...the reporter, her boss, the boss of the news station, a state or federal government official, or a politician, who the hell knows, but I know if the person that hatched this was stuck alone, lets say on a college campus to get two birds with one stone, so unarmed, and has a deranged maniacal druggie running at them with a knife (which doesn't seem to far fetched in these times), they would feel differently, and hopefully double check their reasons for knowingly creating a dodgy show to "get their point across"
    "I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it!"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links