ABC News-Concealed Carry Permit Holders Live In A Dream World

This is a discussion on ABC News-Concealed Carry Permit Holders Live In A Dream World within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One of those news videos with half truths,and plenty of young sheep to 'prove' their story. Proof that Concealed Carry permit holders live in a ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: ABC News-Concealed Carry Permit Holders Live In A Dream World

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

One of those news videos with half truths,and plenty of young sheep to 'prove' their story.

Proof that Concealed Carry permit holders live in a dream world, Part One - YouTube
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Senior Moderator
    I think ABC reporters live in a dream world.

Would that make us even?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Its just more one sided crap to make concealed carriers look bad.
    Eagleks likes this.

That's been around awhile and we've discussed it here ad infinitum... But it lets you know just how the normal person thinks, thanks to watching "the news." It makes it harder to convince average Joe that a person with a permit to carry isn't just a wannabe superhero, with no ability to protect himself, let alone others.

The press rarely talks to someone who has defended themselves and or others successfully with a handgun.

For example:

There are many such incidents, far more than are reported. There are exceptions... like the one above. But, not often enough.
    cn262 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

GM
    I have seen that video before; I laughed the first time I watched it and I laughed this time again. The video is unbelievable biased. But what else can do expect from ABC News?
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    I like how the CCW guy is sitting in the same place each time. I also like how the BGs go right at them instead of really shooting random people. I'd like to see someone do this the exact opposite way and measure the results.

Take two folks who know almost nothing about guns and make them come in and shoot the prof. Then have a trained expert ccw guy or two mixed into a frantic crowd. The BGs OODA loop would never catch up. They would be completely surprised by return fire coming from out of a swirling mass of movement.
    Aceoky and 84160 like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Actually we live in a Nightmare,The things that People do to other people out of greed ,anger,drug addiction is mind boggling,and anybody that walks thru life thinking it will never happen to them instead of It might happen to them is the ones living in a dream world
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Given the choice of having my gun on me, and having a chance to stop a deranged killer, or waiting the 30 or more minutes needed for the police to respond to a mass shooting. Doesn't seem like it should take a rocket scientist to decide which is the best choice.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

It's a toss-up as to which network is the most dis-honest and anti gun. My personal list is

MSNBC
    ABC
    NBC
    CBS
    FOX

As much as I think Fox is the most honest network, they jump on shooting stories with the same semi-hysteria as all the others. While their editorial content is pretty much fair and balanced, their story coverage isn't always held to the same standard.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

My post:

When you want to do the study with people who have more than 50 hours of firearm training, let me know.

All you gotta do is provide the FX gun and 20 rounds for me to get the feel of how that weapon shoots...

We gonna have some fun then. Oh, well...not so much, because I imagine it's a lot more frightening for the "active shooter" to go up against someone who would know what they are doing...

And their is no way in hell you'd ever show that.

Cowards.

Cowards & scum.
    TVJ, msgt/ret and gorilla45 like this.

This is a nice summary of the many unexamined assumptions of people who first decide that they should oppose CCW, then try to think of reasons why. "Since you wouldn't stand a chance against a team of highly skilled operators swarming your location, there is no point in carrying." "Since you could never outdraw someone who is already pointing a gun at your face, there is no point in carrying." "Since it would be dangerous to shoot at someone who is surrounded by innocent bystanders, there is no point in carrying."

Well, what if you just don't do those things, and instead carry for the situation when a gun actually could help?

But people who oppose CCW seem to think we believe that a gun makes us into Superman, able to solve all problems while leaping buildings, etc. In fact, I subscribe to the philosophy that "in a situation when you would otherwise be completely f***ed, a gun, used correctly, might make you a little less f***ed." And the downside is .....?
    gorilla45 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I like how the CCW guy is sitting in the same place each time. I also like how the BGs go right at them instead of really shooting random people. I'd like to see someone do this the exact opposite way and measure the results.

Take two folks who know almost nothing about guns and make them come in and shoot the prof. Then have a trained expert ccw guy or two mixed into a frantic crowd. The BGs OODA loop would never catch up. They would be completely surprised by return fire coming from out of a swirling mass of movement.
    I agree. The instructor presented an unrealistic scenario whereby the assailant(s) targeted the one person in the room they knew that was armed. The reporter that sounded more like a kindergarten teacher reading Bambi vs. Thumper simply took advantage of the markedly naive instructor.
    84160 likes this.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I live close to Virginia Tech. What did the deranged killer do as soon as the police showed up and he knew he would meet armed resistance? He offed himself like the coward that he was. They didn't even get close to him, he did is as soon as he knew they had arrived. There's a reason these maniacs choose gun-free zones to carry out their intention. It's because they know they won't meet any resistance before they carry out their deed, and then when the police show up they off themselves (not always, but usually). How many lives could have been saved if one well trained concealed carrier had been armed and presented resistance? The world may never know. As it was, they were helpless sitting ducks. Many of them stuck in classrooms unable to even run or hide. My wife was at the campus post office that morning...that hits close to home.
    oakchas, baren, 84160 and 1 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Submit....be passive....leave it to the authorities...You aren't capable...Submit....be passive....leave it to the authorities...You aren't capable...Submit....be passive....leave it to the authorities...You aren't capable...

Does anyone remember the days following 911?...I was under the impression that we figured out the fallacy of that mantra, but here it is again, the same foolish dictum being force fed to the masses by the same scheming idiots who parroted it before...I was wondering how long it would take them to reverse that stance as it's clearly at odds with the world dominance agenda of the political elite and the glitterati.

...As an aside...

How many of you folks have noticed just how much of each nightly newscast is taken up with "helpful" training propaganda to teach us how to think and react to everyday things?...this is not the country that most people want to believe it is, and is getting further from it with each passing day.
    TVJ, Freedom Doc and manolito like this.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

VIP Member
    per the instructor:

with friends like these...
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links