Spartansburg County Sheriff: Time For Citizens To Arm Themselves

This is a discussion on Spartansburg County Sheriff: Time For Citizens To Arm Themselves within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How do you feel about concealed weapons?Close (X)How do you feel about concealed weapons? Choice Votes Percentage of 5,526 Votes I already carry one 3,503 ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Spartansburg County Sheriff: Time For Citizens To Arm Themselves

VIP Member
    How do you feel about concealed weapons?Close (X)How do you feel about concealed weapons?
    Choice Votes Percentage of 5,526 Votes
    I already carry one 3,503 63%
    I am going to get a CWP 1,913 35%
    I wouldn't carry a weapon 110 2%

^^^^^^^^^^^^^The latest poll #'s.

With the quote from the good sheriff below,
    I don't think he should be in the White House, we should get him running the U.N.

Can you imagine Hillary Clintons reaction to that?

Wright said, "It's too bad someone with a concealed weapons permit didn't walk by. That would fix it." He said people are tired of doing the right thing and criminals getting away with their actions.
    tkruf and kira like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Oops, I also posted this vid under the Law Enforcement threads.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

This guy must NOT have a cousin in NY! When I took my firearm legalities course in NY the instuctor/office made it a point to start off lclass by saying he didnt think ANY civilian needs a firearm. Thats what HE is for !! BUT they said I have to teach it so....lets get it over with.......

before that i was on the fence of once I got permit if id actually carry or not. WELL that statement made me decide then and there...IM GONNA CARRY!!
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    If I'm ever in SC I'll swing by Spartanburg and spend my money there. And I'll make sure to tell the proprietor "I'm spending my money in your town BECAUSE OF your Sheriff. It may not be much, but it's more than you had when I walked in."
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

VIP Member
    I'm sure he'll catch flack from the anti's, but the positive feedback will far outweigh it. Nice to see an LEO voice his honest opinion and not worry about political correctness.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelGnnr View Post
    This guy must NOT have a cousin in NY! When I took my firearm legalities course in NY the instuctor/office made it a point to start off lclass by saying he didnt think ANY civilian needs a firearm. Thats what HE is for !! BUT they said I have to teach it so....lets get it over with.......

before that i was on the fence of once I got permit if id actually carry or not. WELL that statement made me decide then and there...IM GONNA CARRY!!
    I had a police officer tell me that a while back. I asked him when he was going to start sleeping on my couch and chauffeuring me around. To his blank state, I said "THAT'S why I carry!!!"
    TVille, ep1953, protek and 3 others like this.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

He's My kind of Man, Need many more to follow his lead. Though Southern Sheriffs are more 2nd A freindly than your YANKEEs
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Concealed Weapons Permits in South Carolina? 100,000 people can't be wrong!

Sheriff Chuck Wright opened his news conference by saying, "Our form of justice is not making it."
    He said, "Carry a concealed weapon. That'll fix it."

I like the way this sheriff thinks...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The ironic part of all of this - Milliken has gun-buster signs on the property.

A lot of police hav been knowing that crime is out of control and this country is slowly turning into a third world crime location. I was a southern Leo for 30 yrs. What's going on up north with the ones u all voted in? I guess Illinois got enough police to protect everyone. Same goes for DC....vote the anti gunners out.....?.I think in those areas of the country the victims have been brainwashed to believe guns are bad for the community so they vote the antigunners in? Hey what kind of community are u living in to start with and has no guns stopped anything yet? No and never will...if they could get up all the guns and I mean all the guns I would then carry the best knife I could and I could be just as dangerous. Then what they going to do go around an get up all the knives out of the kitchen drawers? Anti gunners are so stupid in their thoughts.......I hope they read this...Heck I was a police sergeant and I hav been to those big cities. You don't feel safe walking there and ur not. The police r not everywhere to protect you. Ur just depending on hope. Hope ur not next.

When seconds count the police are minutes away

When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns..

Sheriff: Time For Citizens To Arm Themselves -

SPARTANBURG COUNTY, S.C. -- The Spartanburg County Sheriff is known for speaking his mind, and at a news conference on Monday, he didn't hold back his anger and frustration after a woman was attacked in a park over the weekend.

Investigators said 46-year-old Walter Lance grabbed a woman who was walking her dog in Milliken Park on Sunday afternoon. They said Lance choked the woman, made her take off her clothing and tried to rape her. (Full Story)

Lance is in custody and was denied bond on Monday.

Sheriff Chuck Wright opened his news conference by saying, "Our form of justice is not making it."

He said, "Carry a concealed weapon. That'll fix it."

Wright said Lance had been charged numerous times with crimes against women, and other crimes such as resisting arrest and escape. Wright said Lance had been on probation for a federal gun charge.

He referred to Lance repeatedly as an "animal," and expressed his disgust about Lance's long record and the attack.

Wright said Lance has had more than 20 charges dating back to 1983.

Wright said Lance has been in jail more often than he has, and he runs the jail, and he said Lance gets out easier. Wright punctuated it by saying, "And I'm aggravated."

He said he doesn't believe every person needs to be kept in jail, but he said, "I don't think this animal deserves to be out in our society, walking alongside our women."

Wright said,"Liberals call me and tell me the chain-gang form of justice isn't working. Well, let me inform you, your form of justice isn't working either."

He said Lance should not have had the right or opportunity to "violate a good, upstanding woman."

"This is a horrific crime," Wright said. "Her life was threatened so many times."

Walter Lance was denied bond.

He said Lance "doesn't fight police or men folk -- he just goes after women." He said Lance is not married because, "No woman can stay married to him because he beats them down too much."

Wright said, "It's too bad someone with a concealed weapons permit didn't walk by. That would fix it." He said people are tired of doing the right thing and criminals getting away with their actions.

He said several times, "I want you to get a concealed weapons permit."

At one point, Wright held up a fanny pack and said, "They make this right here where you can conceal a small pistol in them. They got one called The Judge that shoots a .45 or a .410 shell. You ain't got to be accurate; you just have to get close."

Wright said, "I'm tired of looking at victims saying, 'There's life after this' … I'm tired of saying, 'We're sorry, we can't keep them in jail.'"

Wright said in his view, gun control is, "Is when you can get your barrel back on the target quick. That’s gun control."

Wright said the attack is not the fault of Millken Park. He said, "It's a nice place for families."

He said officers patrol the area all the time and respond to various calls there. He said, "Don't blame anyone for having an animal on their property … We can't get it all."

He encouraged women to walk in groups, and he ended by saying again, "I want you to get a concealed weapons permit. Don't get Mace. Get a firearm."

And then he said, "I think I better stop before I get sanctioned."

Sheriff: Time For Citizens To Arm Themselves - Greenville News Story - WYFF Greenville

I Like This Guy!
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

I think he should run for public office, how about President!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I like him as well. Its not that often that you find someone in the LE market that is so vocal about CC.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links