Spartansburg County Sheriff: Time For Citizens To Arm Themselves - Page 3

Spartansburg County Sheriff: Time For Citizens To Arm Themselves

This is a discussion on Spartansburg County Sheriff: Time For Citizens To Arm Themselves within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; duh u.......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Spartansburg County Sheriff: Time For Citizens To Arm Themselves

duh u....

Awesome!

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    You beat me to it. We like him here too.
    Last edited by Brady; November 1st, 2011 at 03:39 AM. Reason: can't write
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

I've got an Aflac buddy in Spartansburg. I'll have to find out what the buzz is up there about the sherriff. If they don't like him, maybe he'll move to Mississippi!

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowJS View Post
    I've got an Aflac buddy in Spartansburg. I'll have to find out what the buzz is up there about the sherriff. If they don't like him, maybe he'll move to Mississippi!
    The only people I know who don't like him are the people he has caught, oh and the legalize drugs group.
    Last edited by phreddy; November 1st, 2011 at 11:28 AM. Reason: typo

This sheriff has an informed opinion. I agree with his comments on our justice system.
    I wonder if ladies with small dogs think they have the same protection a large dog might provide. Not that it should matter.
    I can "hear" his frustration when he's telling people to arm and protect themselves. Right on!
    Power to the people. Amen.
    Skillet Hot!

Finally a Sheriff that understands and admits that cops can't be everywhere and protect everyone all the time.
    kira likes this.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

As many have already stated, I like this guy. I'm a proponent of the 'take responsibility for yourself' mentality, and he seems to be, as well. LEOs are there to help, but they can't be everywhere.
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. - David Hume

I'm glad to see the county sheriff speak out in favor of weapons permits. I'm glad to hear him admit his department can't get 'em all.

Unfortunately, SC (like Iowa) is essentially "fly over country." States full of hillbillies, or dirt farmers; rednecks or bumpkins. Texas, Wyoming, and Arizona are full of cowboys or desert rats...

To you and me, those states are just full of regular folks who mostly work hard for a living, and earn everything they have through the sweat they generate. And apparently, in those states reside a few elected sheriffs who have some common sense, know (and admit) their limitations, and tell the bare honest truth.

Unfortunately, the majority of our population is urban (add an e to the end of that and you get urbane; which means: having the polish and suavity regarded as characteristic of sophisticated social life in major cities). Except for the dregs of urban living, most of these "uptown folks" think they're above "all that." They believe themselves to be more polished, more suave, more sophisticated, and especially more socially evolved than the rest of us dirtfarmers, hicks, cowboys, and other knuckledraggin' neanderthal types. The only calluses they have on their hands are from holding a golf club, tennis racquet, in the proper manner.

To the urbane sophisticate, crime is something that happens to others far removed from their station in life, and "That's such a shame. If she'd have been at the country club instead of some public park, that never would have happened."

And the thing is, obviously, all city dwellers cannot really be urbane and sophisticated, but they buy into the mentality... And the muckity mucks let them think they're part of the elite, too... Ahhh.. Life in the Big Apple, the Windy City, Hollywood; it just doesn't get any better, does it?

A few in those cities know better... as do the rest of us out here in the real world. And sometimes we elect a Sheriff that knows what's what, and will speak the truth.

Good for him... And, if a few folks in that county follow his suggestion, more good will come of it than bad...
    Firearm.Fan.Girl likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    To you and me, those states are just full of regular folks who mostly work hard for a living, and earn everything they have through the sweat they generate. And apparently, in those states reside a few elected sheriffs who have some common sense, know (and admit) their limitations, and tell the bare honest truth.

Unfortunately, the majority of our population is urban (add an e to the end of that and you get urbane; which means: having the polish and suavity regarded as characteristic of sophisticated social life in major cities). Except for the dregs of urban living, most of these "uptown folks" think they're above "all that." They believe themselves to be more polished, more suave, more sophisticated, and especially more socially evolved than the rest of us dirtfarmers, hicks, cowboys, and other knuckledraggin' neanderthal types. The only calluses they have on their hands are from holding a golf club, tennis racquet, in the proper manner.

To the urbane sophisticate, crime is something that happens to others far removed from their station in life, and "That's such a shame. If she'd have been at the country club instead of some public park, that never would have happened."

And the thing is, obviously, all city dwellers cannot really be urbane and sophisticated, but they buy into the mentality... And the muckity mucks let them think they're part of the elite, too... Ahhh.. Life in the Big Apple, the Windy City, Hollywood; it just doesn't get any better, does it?...
    That all happened when the collective "We" decided the definition of "Success" was the wearing of a suit and tie.

Side note, Just how much property does one have to own in SC to qualify as a property owner?
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

In reference to the Taurus Judge... "You don't have to be accurate, you just gotta be close".

That made me LOL at work... I wish he'd move here and become MY County Sherriff
    kira likes this.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    My Sincere KUDO`S to the Sheriff for speaking the truth. America is in serious danger from within and we need MORE like him!. I`d vote for him.

Proud to have been born,raised, and educated in Spartanburg.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    That all happened when the collective "We" decided the definition of "Success" was the wearing of a suit and tie.

Side note, Just how much property does one have to own in SC to qualify as a property owner?
    I don't think it matters, just that you own it, or you can just wait til HB822 passes and SC starts to recognize all the state permits that they currently "don't" recognize. If you have your Colorado permit, they will then recognize it.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I've got a nice little ranch house on 1/4 acre I'll sell ya'.

PS. Just found out it needs a new heat pump.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links