WI CC paperwork

WI CC paperwork

This is a discussion on WI CC paperwork within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is now filled out and signed and sealed with all applicable documents and payment into their envelopes to be mailed in the morning to the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: WI CC paperwork

WI CC paperwork

Is now filled out and signed and sealed with all applicable documents and payment into their envelopes to be mailed in the morning to the DOJ. Now my wife and I wait to see whose gets here first, and if the 2 holsters from Pure Kustom get here before the permits.

Same with me. Just printed it off and filled out all the paperwork. Unfortunately we are out of envelopes. Hope I can make it to the post office before work.

I finished filling it out too. I was thinking about driving to Madison to turn it in right away, but I can't justify the price in gas.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Mine is signed and sealed. It will be in the mailbox shortly.

Sent it Certified Mail this AM. I live in Madison, so hopefully quick delivery and action. Let's start a thread for receipt of license time!

2 applications were filled out and printed last night at around 12:30 a.m.. They were both shipped in one Priority Mail envelope as soon as the PO opened this morning, and should arrive in Madison tomorrow. The delivery confirmation will tell us when the applications are delivered. I will also check daily to see exactly when they cash the checks, if that's any indicator of when they start processing the applications. We will see if both permits come at the same time, with consecutive numbers maybe?

lcr.jpg
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pistoldoctor View Post
    2 applications were filled out and printed last night at around 12:30 a.m.. They were both shipped in one Priority Mail envelope as soon as the PO opened this morning, and should arrive in Madison tomorrow. The delivery confirmation will tell us when the applications are delivered. I will also check daily to see exactly when they cash the checks, if that's any indicator of when they start processing the applications. We will see if both permits come at the same time, with consecutive numbers maybe?

lcr.jpg
    Here is hoping for smooth sailing for your application.

Also a great pic of your LCR. I got one for my wife for her b'day. They are fantastic.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Snip ...

On the first day of Wisconsin's concealed carry law, more than 80,000 application forms have been downloaded and the Department of Justice's website has gotten hundreds of thousands of hits.

jsonline.com @ More than 80,000 concealed carry applications downloaded

When I stopped at the post office to drop mine off this morning (8:30am) the lady behind the counter said they had already filled 5 postal totes full of mail for the PO Box related to the DOJ.

As I was leaving one of the ladies behind the counter, at the post office, said "I don't understand what the big deal is, I have carried a gun concealed every day of my life"

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Same here. In the mail. Remember 2 things. One Madison people will be first checking for accuracy of your forms. Get it PERFECT as they are the same people that kept you from getting 2nd amendment rights for years. Two; The 3 application sheets, the copy of your training proof, the affidavit that your CCW is still good from another state and your check make an envelope that needs more that min. postage. two stamps should do.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Kind of funny, when I dropped mine off at the post office this morning, the lady waited on me, looked at the address, gave me the stink eye and asked, "Are you carrying a gun right now?". I wasn't prepared for the question, but I said, "It's only an application, and nobody has a permit yet.". She just gave me the stink eye again, and said, "We gotta get that "no guns" sign up on the door.".

I don't need to worry about the accuracy of my certification requirement. I've had my Hunters Safety Training Certificate for 20 years now. I had to pay the $2.75 + $1.00 download fee to be able to print it out.

It's the official state document so those like myself should be good to go.

Oh, and the 45 day initial required time starts the day your later is postmarked. Well, that was supposed to be the start of the wait time anyways. So, in 45 days we should all have our CC permits assuming everything clears properly.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    I don't need to worry about the accuracy of my certification requirement. I've had my Hunters Safety Training Certificate for 20 years now. I had to pay the $2.75 + $1.00 download fee to be able to print it out.

It's the official state document so those like myself should be good to go.

Oh, and the 45 day initial required time starts the day your later is postmarked. Well, that was supposed to be the start of the wait time anyways. So, in 45 days we should all have our CC permits assuming everything clears properly.
    I'm thinking of the questions on page #3. The directions say place an X to answer yes or no. Betting the bureaucrats reject those that use a check mark instead. (just as an example)
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by pistoldoctor View Post
    Kind of funny, when I dropped mine off at the post office this morning, the lady waited on me, looked at the address, gave me the stink eye and asked, "Are you carrying a gun right now?". I wasn't prepared for the question, but I said, "It's only an application, and nobody has a permit yet.". She just gave me the stink eye again, and said, "We gotta get that "no guns" sign up on the door.".
    I guess she doesn't know it's already illegal to carry on Post Office property. Typical.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Estimates by (not sure who) were that the DOJ in Wisconsin would get maybe 100,000 applications in the first year. 83,000 applications in the first few hours is pretty significant. Especially as the training requirements were just recently defined meaning all current applications are those with approved out of state licenses or other earlier approved training. Looks more like we will hit the 200,000 number if not more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links