Why is "Printing" bad? - Page 2

Why is "Printing" bad?

This is a discussion on Why is "Printing" bad? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; PA like VA is a legal OC state. From the legal standpoint, there is no problem with printing. However depending on where your at, someone ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Why is "Printing" bad?

VIP Member
    PA like VA is a legal OC state. From the legal standpoint, there is no problem with printing. However depending on where your at, someone may make out your gun and freak out.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    First of all great explanation or all the topics.

Now when I get back in the states we really have to have a discussion about some things, namely....

What is flashing?

We obviously have different definitions of this topic. You are correct in your definition on here but I will show you a completly different perspective should you so desire.
    Bark'n likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

"Flashing" has now been de-criminalized in FL.
    This by a new law. Many people wanted OC but we got "flashing OK " insted.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

The more I carry the more I realize that nobody sees anything.

Ex Member Array Jim Rat-a tat tat's Avatar
    I feel lucky to live in Minnesota where we just have "carry" permits so open or concealed is your choice. I cover my firearms with a garment but could care less if someone notices. On top of that after all these years one thing is obvious, the general public is completely oblivious to their surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    "Flashing" has now been de-criminalized in FL.
    This by a new law. Many people wanted OC but we got "flashing OK " insted.
    Actually this is incorrect - but in a good way:)

Brief, unintentional display, especially without your knowledge was never much of an issue in Florida.

The new law (6.17.11) allows brief, intentional and open display so long as it is not done in an angry or threatening manner; e.g. being observed moving your firearm from the glove box/trunk to your holster. Previously, this was technically against the law.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    First of all great explanation or all the topics.

What is flashing?

We obviously have different definitions of this topic. You are correct in your definition on here but I will show you a completly different perspective should you so desire.
    Yes? I'm waiting.....
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

VIP Member
    9mm now you know this is a family friendly site.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Let me return the question. What does CC mean? If you can answer that question, you should be able to answer the question of printing. It is just prudent to conceal if that is what your state requires; my definition of conceal is no one knows that you have something--period/end of story.

holster.jpg

First, this has been a great post. Great information and constructive and/or humorous replies.
    I contacted Bear Creek Holsters and they made this for me. I like a canted fit and a lower clip. Fits my body and clothing choices along with a LC9 that just disaperas.
    Here in NY I have a concealed carry permit so I have no legal problems but I am most concerned with the reaction of others. Open carry is rare here so reaction is not always good.
    Be safe, Frank.

Illegal in Oklahoma. $500 fine and lose of permit.
    From a Marine sniper -- "You can run but you will just die tired"
    Semper Fi

I also think that the GENERAL public does not look or guess what a bulge is. Im new and can tell you before when I was "normal" non gun person and didnt have that situational awareness I now have...didnt think twice about a "bulge" or that cuz the avg person, a gun is the last thing that would come to mind. But now that I carry too and have raised my situation awareness......I still cannot say for sure when I see a bulge if its a firearm or not. But I still try to guess...like a game.HAHA.
    I think its more of a self conscience thing for the person carrying......
    Just my thoughts on the matter.
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

VIP Member
    Ever since we adopted constitutional carry, nobody seems to care whether you print or not. It’s kinda like the old west where wearing gun is as common as wearing a hat. The stigma has seemingly vanished from the culture and it’s actually refreshing.
    Bark'n likes this.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Your best opportunity for a good defense is surprise. If the BG knows your carrying you will be his/her first target.
    Can you site actual references other than a remote--most likely isolated--case of this happening? This is primarily the stuff that legends (myths?) are made of. Potentially? Yes. Actually? Doubtful. Don't give the BG too much credit in the brains department.

In all truth, 99% of people have no idea what than lump under your clothing is, if they even notice.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I care if I print because if I wanted other people to know if I have a firearm, I would just open carry.

What's the point of carrying concealed if anyone can tell you're packing?

And I do strongly agree that when you're new to CC, you're paranoid about printing. I've been carrying concealed for almost 6 months and every day I get more comfortable. Now I feel comfortable in most situations with just a T-shirt on when I carry my SR9c. Just be sure your equipment is comfortable and gives you confidence. The choice of holster is extremely important for both comfort and conceal-ability. I have a Kholster Holster, which is similar to a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links