Why is "Printing" bad?

This is a discussion on Why is "Printing" bad? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As has been mentioned, MN allows CC and OC. I therefore am not overly concerned about printing or flashing; most people won't notice anyway. I ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Why is "Printing" bad?

As has been mentioned, MN allows CC and OC. I therefore am not overly concerned about printing or flashing; most people won't notice anyway. I do cover however since if I KNEW my weapon was obvious I would just go OC.
    I prefer CC to just be another one of many in the crowd.
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin

2. Remove Ads

I don't like to print for a purely selfish reason, as mentioned, I don't want anyone to know, especially a BG. In this case, what they don't know CAN hurt them..
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    9mm now you know this is a family friendly site.
    Tease!
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

In addition to all of the great reasons listed above, sometimes I feel it to be more respectful in an effort not to offend anyone. I know what you're thinking...who cares, it's our second ammendment right! To that I would compare it to deer hunting. We are able to deer hunt, but those who drive around with the deer displayed in the bed of thier truck with its tounge hanging out and blood dripping all over does offend people. The more people who become offended by deer hunting, the more laws that get passed against it and less money people will put forth to support it. How does this compare to printing? Those people who think that guns kill people (the ignorant ones...we all know em) can become offended if they notice it and, in my opinion, cause a big scene, which defeats the purpose of concealment anyway. Personally, my parents are those people. The last thiing I would want to do is offend them in thier own house. They do know that I carry and they don't say anything when they see it in my house, but, I was always taught to respect thier rules in thier house.

Quote Originally Posted by SigMan22 View Post
    In addition to all of the great reasons listed above, sometimes I feel it to be more respectful in an effort not to offend anyone. I know what you're thinking...who cares, it's our second ammendment right! To that I would compare it to deer hunting. We are able to deer hunt, but those who drive around with the deer displayed in the bed of thier truck with its tounge hanging out and blood dripping all over does offend people. The more people who become offended by deer hunting, the more laws that get passed against it and less money people will put forth to support it. How does this compare to printing? Those people who think that guns kill people (the ignorant ones...we all know em) can become offended if they notice it and, in my opinion, cause a big scene, which defeats the purpose of concealment anyway. Personally, my parents are those people. The last thiing I would want to do is offend them in thier own house. They do know that I carry and they don't say anything when they see it in my house, but, I was always taught to respect thier rules in thier house.
    ???
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    ???
    I think SigMan22's trying to say something to the effect of "out of sight, out of mind" as far as most people are concerned.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I think SigMan22's trying to say something to the effect of "out of sight, out of mind" as far as most people are concerned.
    Ahhh... Well why didn't he just say so!

That was too much to contemplate at 6 am! It made my brain hurt.

I'm going back to bed now.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

In Texas brandishing is defined as showing your weapon with the intent to intimidate or cause fear (OK, so that's not verbatim but it is the point), so occasional flashing really isn't a legal issue. That said in the last 2 years I have been carrying I've also come to recognize that the large majority of people really have no earthly idea. However I would prefer not to show in any way so as to not get the Man With Gun paranoia or have to deal with the uninformed sheeple out there, not to mention the tactical issues of a BG seeing my weapon. It's just easier and simplier all around to keep it hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by ldmtulsa View Post
    Illegal in Oklahoma. $500 fine and lose of permit.
    Can you show a statute to back that up? I have never come across anything referring to printing.

Michael

I don't know what it is.... but my cell phone "prints" , and more people have thought it was a gun than you can imagine.
    When I go to pull my shirt up and get my cell phone..... people stare and seem reassured when they see it's a phone.
    People have often said when I pulled out my phone,.... I thought you had a gun under there..... laughing....
    (I wanted to tell them, no the gun is on the other side, but I didn't).

The gun is on the other side, and no one ever notices it. Go figure.

My point, is that most of the time they have no clue anyway...... when they see a bulge under your shirt.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I don't know what it is.... but my cell phone "prints" , and more people have thought it was a gun than you can imagine.
    When I go to pull my shirt up and get my cell phone..... people stare and seem reassured when they see it's a phone.
    People have often said when I pulled out my phone,.... I thought you had a gun under there..... laughing....
    (I wanted to tell them, no the gun is on the other side, but I didn't).

The gun is on the other side, and no one ever notices it. Go figure.

My point, is that most of the time they have no clue anyway...... when they see a bulge under your shirt.
    I clip my cell phone case directly in front of the holster. It breaks up the pattern and when I reach for the phone, it explains the bulge.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    If they are thinking it's a gun, then your cell phone certainly isn't "printing" or they'd be able to tell it was a phone.

It may leave a bulge and people are assuming it's a gun.

There's a difference between "printing" and "bulges." Kind of like the difference between a magazine and a clip. Two different animals.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

If they are thinking it's a gun, then your cell phone certainly isn't "printing" or they'd be able to tell it was a phone.

It may leave a bulge and people are assuming it's a gun.

There's a difference between "printing" and "bulges." Kind of like the difference between a magazine and a clip. Two different animals.
    And then again....it could be your cell phone. Please note the keypad in the grip....

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    And then again....it could be your cell phone. Please note the keypad in the grip....

Do you get free roaming with that?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

Do you get free roaming with that?
    You can get free anything you want with it until people figure out that it's just a cell phone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links