Why is "Printing" bad? - Page 4

Why is "Printing" bad?

This is a discussion on Why is "Printing" bad? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SigMan22 In addition to all of the great reasons listed above, sometimes I feel it to be more respectful in an effort ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Why is "Printing" bad?

Quote Originally Posted by SigMan22 View Post
    In addition to all of the great reasons listed above, sometimes I feel it to be more respectful in an effort not to offend anyone. I know what you're thinking...who cares, it's our second ammendment right! To that I would compare it to deer hunting. We are able to deer hunt, but those who drive around with the deer displayed in the bed of thier truck with its tounge hanging out and blood dripping all over does offend people. The more people who become offended by deer hunting, the more laws that get passed against it and less money people will put forth to support it. How does this compare to printing? Those people who think that guns kill people (the ignorant ones...we all know em) can become offended if they notice it and, in my opinion, cause a big scene, which defeats the purpose of concealment anyway. Personally, my parents are those people. The last thiing I would want to do is offend them in thier own house. They do know that I carry and they don't say anything when they see it in my house, but, I was always taught to respect thier rules in thier house.
    I dunno SigMan...I think I have to disagree. And I dont hunt. But I also think that the public in general should not be shielded from reality. If they became more used to such things, they would become more normalized.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Administrator
    Why is "Printing" bad?

Open carry and concealed carry are two distinctly different things. Both can be good but, they are two individual and separate modes of carry.

A Very Wise Man Once Said: "A cheeseburger is good ~ and vanilla ice cream is also good but, if you bought an ice cream cone and the vanilla ice cream tasted sort of like a cheeseburger it wouldn't be so good."
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

It would seem to me that if you lived in a State where printing is illegal it would be in your best interest to make sure there were no bulges showing anywhere that could be mistaken for a weapon. Lets say you are in such a State and someone notices a bulge caused by your cellphone, walkman or whatever and thinking its a weapon calls police. Then the police show up and find out that you are indeed in possession of a weapon. What then?

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    It would seem to me that if you lived in a State where printing is illegal it would be in your best interest to make sure there were no bulges showing anywhere that could be mistaken for a weapon. Lets say you are in such a State and someone notices a bulge caused by your cellphone, walkman or whatever and thinking its a weapon calls police. Then the police show up and find out that you are indeed in possession of a weapon. What then?

Michael
    If all those "what ifs" came to pass, then it would probably be up to the police whether to charge you with anything or not. As stated previously, a bulge showing isn't necessarily printing. If the bulge came from a cell phone and not the gun, and the police saw that it was a cell phone....the fact that you had a concealed gun in another location should be irrelevant. However, since police are human also, mistakes happen.

Fortunately I don't live in such a state. I've apparently not attracted any attention or concern. Nobody has been rude enough to concern themselves with whatever bulges they see around my midsection. I've never been stopped or questioned and I've been carrying for almost two years.

It's up to each individual to know his state, his community, and the applicable laws.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    1. element of surprise
    2. if BG see it you MAY be his first target (free gun come and get it)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links