Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well i found that most of the restaurants, and places i go, dont have it poste. However, if i am in a bimd and have ...

Page 10 of 296 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Well i found that most of the restaurants, and places i go, dont have it poste. However, if i am in a bimd and have to run into a convenient store or something that is posted i ignor it, because they 1.) Wont notice hence concealed 2.) Should the off chance in the few minutes i am in there, and something should happen, robbery for example and the owner is at gun point, pretty sure hed appreciate the the fact i didnt dollow the sign. So to be honest though, depends on where i am going and howlong id be there. If longer than 10 mins prolly follow the sign.

But i do plan on moving first chance i get, milwaukee is not a place to get caught in a self defense case, odds are against you, just because of the biasness of the police/judges and such. Now, dont take that wrong, im not saying that they are all swinging against it, however with the stories just seems like the odds would be against you... IMHO
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

2. Remove Ads

Oh and maverick, i saw you post on another thread "No Guns Allowed", i think that would be a nice hand out here in Milwaukee. Especially, with what i said above. What says you?
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Oh and maverick, i saw you post on another thread "No Guns Allowed", i think that would be a nice hand out here in Milwaukee. Especially, with what i said above. What says you?
    well I use it but with little effect other than making me feel better. Remember two things. Larger businesses are often mandated to post by a higher authority. Two, A flaming anti-liberal will be a flaming anti-liberal till the day a BG sticks a gun in his/her face.
    kathie63 likes this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

I have a feeling milwaukee will be changing to pro-ccw soon. Heck, just night i learned one of my buddies last week came around the corner of his house to 2 guys holding him a gun point, now i dont exactly commend what he did, but he did that me for teaching him. They said "gimme your wallet" and he slowly went to reach for wallet and the lunged using speed, surprise and keeping his cool kinda like in Jeff Coopers, Principles of Personal Defense. Anywho, what i was taught him was that if u push back the slide on a Semi-auto pistol just a little bit it wont be able to fire. Well thats when he did, and when they pulled the tiggers nothing... he knocked them down to the ground beat the one, and was pistol whipped by the other. Then they both got up and ran.... but this has kinda just picked up in milwaukee but the BG's will soon learn people are carrying...

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    I have a feeling milwaukee will be changing to pro-ccw soon. Heck, just night i learned one of my buddies last week came around the corner of his house to 2 guys holding him a gun point, now i dont exactly commend what he did, but he did that me for teaching him. They said "gimme your wallet" and he slowly went to reach for wallet and the lunged using speed, surprise and keeping his cool kinda like in Jeff Coopers, Principles of Personal Defense. Anywho, what i was taught him was that if u push back the slide on a Semi-auto pistol just a little bit it wont be able to fire. Well thats when he did, and when they pulled the tiggers nothing... he knocked them down to the ground beat the one, and was pistol whipped by the other. Then they both got up and ran.... but this has kinda just picked up in milwaukee but the BG's will soon learn people are carrying...
    He's more than lucky to be alive. Could say more but don't have to.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    in BOLD is true

though in real life, in defense against a wallet---

that will likely be remembered by him as the least intellegent thing he ever did and survived to talk about.
    Maverickx50 likes this.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    in BOLD is true

though in real life, in defense against a wallet---

that will likely be remembered by him as the stupidest thing he ever did and survived to talk about.
    I completely agree, we talked about that. I posted that in the scenario thread... but i 100% agree with you

Hey rabbit, keep me posted if you get yours, cause then i will have high hopes, might get crushed. However, if yours comes mine should be there, so its a risk ill take, nesides not like my hopes havent been crushed for almost 2 weeks now lol
    Nothing today.... I'm tempted to look up a phone number and ask if it was even shipped....
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    Nothing today.... I'm tempted to look up a phone number and ask if it was even shipped....
    Damn, well i will post if its there when i get home.... and there is a number on the DoJ website, but i imagine a HIGH quantity of calls for the same reason....

Quote Originally Posted by wi44hunter View Post
    My wife called me at deer camp today to say my permit arrived. Check cleared on the 15th. Permit #91xx
    Do I interpret your number that they have issued +9100 permits thus far? Is that correct?

If so, that's pretty good I would think for just 20 days or so.

Glad you guys in WI could join the club!

Thanks,

I just contact the Wisconsin DoJ regarding possible turn around after check is cashed and what have you. There is no way while you are in the 45 day period to know if you have been accepted or not. The woman told me that when you see your check cashed you should hopefully see something within 7 to 10 days.

Bummer
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    I just contact the Wisconsin DoJ regarding possible turn around after check is cashed and what have you. There is no way while you are in the 45 day period to know if you have been accepted or not. The woman told me that when you see your check cashed you should hopefully see something within 7 to 10 days.

Bummer
    Well with that being said today is day 7 lol gotta look at the bright side of things

Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    Do I interpret your number that they have issued +9100 permits thus far? Is that correct?

Thanks,
    And thank you FTG-05, were happy to be here... finally. Lol

Cool

Thanks,
    Mailed app from Appleton on the 1st check cleared on the 15th permit issued on the 17th received in the mail on the 19th

Thanks,
    Yes they have cleared that many applications out.

Links