Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This has nothing to do with the application process or the wait times. I'd gladly donate $5.00 to a reputable organization along with others to ...

Page 100 of 296 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 4440
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This has nothing to do with the application process or the wait times. I'd gladly donate $5.00 to a reputable organization along with others to have a Public Service Announcement 30 seconds explaining the new law to the general public. The anti gun groups are still licking there wounds. They are going to regroup and attempt to repeal the law. Main stream media will side with them in my opinion you know the old saying "Bad & negative news is good news"
    rstanek and Jpeetz like this.

2. Remove Ads

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by presa_dad View Post
    Mailed: Nov. 7th
    Check cashed: Nov. 21st
    Permit received: Not yet...

I expected this to take all of the 45 days when I mailed my application. As day 39 goes by, it looks like I was right.
    Mailed 11/1/11
    DD214 & Retired Fed LE Creds
    Check cashed 11/15/11
    Nothing yet

I'm temporarily out of state with a temp forwarding address on file in Norwalk. Will the PO forward the license to a temp forwarding address?

For those who rec'd their permits did the envelope say "Do Not Forward" in the upper left corner or anywhere on he envelope?

Quote Originally Posted by TGP View Post
    Mailed 11/1/11
    Check cashed 11/15/11
    Nothing yet

I'm temporarily out of state with a temp forwarding address on file in Norwalk. Will the PO forward the license to a temp forwarding address?

For those who rec'd their permits did the envelope say "Do Not Forward" in the upper left corner or anywhere on he envelope?
    My envelope did not have do not forward on it. It was a standard DOJ envelope.

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Great news. Thanks. I would like to have the CCW with me as I drive back to WI from CA!
    WD54241 likes this.

I think your done! I do not know if you have told us everything? There is a uneasyness I have with your post. You knew this was coming for a year, ever since Scott Walker was elected Wisconsin Governor. You also had 6 months to read the bill and subsequent Wisconsin Act 35, and prepare, and clean up your record for any anomolies, you failed to do so. So now here you are face to face with .......Yourself. Only you know what you are not telling us. You need to come to face yourself and determine what if any legal remedy you persue will be effective. Good luck. Sorry to be blunt, but this is what the law is all about.There is nothing to laugh about here.[QUOTE=luckycaribou;2106237]
    Quote Originally Posted by FryDay View Post
    Lol...I applied Ok. Looking for some advice . So I got a denial letter today. Says I was denied for a domestic violence conviction. That is not the case. Yes I have a record...rather not go into details ....but no domestic violence. Even better yet they had every letter and number of my address wrong on the letter they sent to me. Lucky I live in a small town. Only thing I can think is they were some how trying to burn my 30 days I have for appeal. So now my choice is either appeal with the don ....who obviously can't get a damn thing right or pay 175 plus laywer fees and go through circuit court. Which I am sure would be as simple as saying look at my record....end of story but money is tight. So what are Ur thoughts??? Please pm me with any responses. Don't have the time to read through all the posts.

No there is no "Do not Forward statement.

Consult a lawyer on this and get a free 5 or 6 figure settlement. Do nothing until you know your position is air tight! I really wish this had been my company as I would have looked froward to a early retirement fully paid. Try to get everything you can in company letterhead in print. Grab it quickly before they pull it off their website or try to pull it back. Do not be intimidated and certainly do not act until fully prepared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Now that would be a problem. Company I work for made it clear no madder what the law says if it is in your car on company property you are fired on the spot .
    I would not even want them to know I had a permit
    This late in December you have to expect some delays in just about anything that flows through the government . Vacation ,Holidays all take it toll on getting thing done.
    Last edited by AIRWAR; December 17th, 2011 at 10:44 PM. Reason: clairification
    WD54241 likes this.

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    No there is no "Do not Forward statement.
    Thanks.

Glad someone has posted such a list. Hopefully it stays small. Bookmarked.

Originally Posted by TGP View Post
    Mailed 11/1/11
    Check cashed 11/15/11
    Nothing yet

The USPS will forward all your 1st class mail to you including the permit. There is no "do not forward" endorsement on the permit mailing envelopes.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    [QUOTE=luckycaribou;2106237]
    Lol...I applied Ok. Looking for some advice . So I got a denial letter today. Says I was denied for a domestic violence conviction. That is not the case. Yes I have a record...rather not go into details ....but no domestic violence. Even better yet they had every letter and number of my address wrong on the letter they sent to me. Lucky I live in a small town. Only thing I can think is they were some how trying to burn my 30 days I have for appeal. So now my choice is either appeal with the don ....who obviously can't get a damn thing right or pay 175 plus laywer fees and go through circuit court. Which I am sure would be as simple as saying look at my record....end of story but money is tight. So what are Ur thoughts??? Please pm me with any responses. Don't have the time to read through all the posts.
    If you are legally able to possess firearms, you will be approved for a permit. The background check for the permit is the same as purchasing a firearm. This is a SHALL issue state, meaning they are REQUIRED to give you a permit if you pass the background check. They have no discretion!!! If you were denied, either they have you mixed up with someone else or you did something since your last firearm purchase to get a denial.

This has nothing to do with the application process or the wait times. I'd gladly donate $5.00 to a reputable organization along with others to have a Public Service Announcement 30 seconds explaining the new law to the general public. The anti gun groups are still licking there wounds. They are going to regroup and attempt to repeal the law. Main stream media will side with them in my opinion you know the old saying "Bad & negative news is good news"
    Unfortunately the fight to carry concealed and/or open will be a never ending one. You are correct the 'theys' will regroup. It is our mission to now stay on the offensive now that we have the law as it is.

One disappointment I find with the Wisconsin law and possibly all states is guns are banned on college campus'. These campus' have, sadly, always been ripe 'hunting' grounds for rapists amongst other low life's.

Women were the last to achieve the right to vote and it appears the same will be for them to protect themselves while seeking a higher education.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    This monday is my 45 days from mailing, After that i guess i start counting from my check cash date. LOL, Im sure ill get it soon. It will be a good Xmas present.
    I got my fingers crossed for you, as well as everyone else. keep the hope alive it is coming just very slowly and in some crazy backwards order.

Lol...I applied in December on purpose (wait until the crowd dies down and you only are supposed to wait 21 days) but my check is taking longer to cash then the Nov 1st people! I bet it will take much longer than 21 days too... :/
    [QUOTE=AIRWAR;2106415]I think your done! I do not know if you have told us everything? There is a uneasyness I have with your post. You knew this was coming for a year, ever since Scott Walker was elected Wisconsin Governor. You also had 6 months to read the bill and subsequent Wisconsin Act 35, and prepare, and clean up your record for any anomolies, you failed to do so. So now here you are face to face with .......Yourself. Only you know what you are not telling us. You need to come to face yourself and determine what if any legal remedy you persue will be effective. Good luck. Sorry to be blunt, but this is what the law is all about.There is nothing to laugh about here.Ok...I don't know how my original post got mixed up with another???? My post started with "looking for some advise" sure as heck was not in a lol mood when I posted. And would like to know how exactly I am suppose to get something cleaned up off my record that does not exist????? Maybe u can help me with that line of thinking airwar???

Do they make an inside the waist band holster for a 50 cal. carbine? LOL was cruising arround the net and it sounds like a lot of people went out and got guns dirty hairy style. lol, that'll wear off as soon as they try to sit down for fish fry with a 14 inch barrel poken them in the rear. LOL
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Links