Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 103

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by WD54241 I'm surprised and disappointed that yours has not arrived yet! and I see your in Madison of all places. I'm crossing ...

Page 103 of 297 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 4453
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I'm surprised and disappointed that yours has not arrived yet! and I see your in Madison of all places. I'm crossing my fingers and eyes for you! I would have the letter requesting an investigation all set to go should on Monday! The lady at the DOJ in a earlier post Thursday or Wednesday said or maybe implied that she felt confident that most applications from our mailing date would have been processed by the 45 day limit.
    I got mine but thank you, and have been happy to have it. for the last 2 going on 3 days just feels nice had to get a new holster for it. ended up with a black hawk ambidextrous (its a very easy to customize) holster. I just like to try and help people keep up there hope, this forum helped me feel a bit less stressed out from waiting so long. it took 39 days for me but low and behold it came. I was getting a bit worried. don't give up hope, I cross my fingers for everyone just as you all did for me.
    Ramjet and rstanek like this.

FryDay
    I would start with the denial letter and see what they(WI DOJ) have that denied you. Then be honest with yourself if it is true. If not true, or there was some resolution, then prepare for a appeal at the county court level. Save everything from the past, present, and future, throw nothing away, not even the post marked envelopes. Amass any documentation, do any leg work to keep your legal fees down. There is a appeal process and you will find that process in the DOJ Questions and Answers section related to concealed carry. If you still feel this effort is worth it, get a lawyer, Do Not Represent Yourself, save that stuff for parking tickets. The defination of a fool is a Lawyer who represents himself. So don't be a fool. Good luck and advise us what happens.[QUOTE=luckycaribou;2106576]
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    I think your done! I do not know if you have told us everything? There is a uneasyness I have with your post. You knew this was coming for a year, ever since Scott Walker was elected Wisconsin Governor. You also had 6 months to read the bill and subsequent Wisconsin Act 35, and prepare, and clean up your record for any anomolies, you failed to do so. So now here you are face to face with .......Yourself. Only you know what you are not telling us. You need to come to face yourself and determine what if any legal remedy you persue will be effective. Good luck. Sorry to be blunt, but this is what the law is all about.There is nothing to laugh about here.

Ok...I don't know how my original post got mixed up with another???? My post started with "looking for some advise" sure as heck was not in a lol mood when I posted. And would like to know how exactly I am suppose to get something cleaned up off my record that does not exist????? Maybe u can help me with that line of thinking airwar???
    Last edited by AIRWAR; December 18th, 2011 at 06:39 PM. Reason: clarity, and spelling

I'll say it, they played awful.

Pac gave me a major headach, unfortunatly they listened to ESPN and concluded that KC would come out on the field lay on their backs and forfit. Packers get tricked with their own greatness every now and again and they forget that they are playing a profesional football team. Their are no easy games in the NFL. Just ranting as I have alwase and will alwase support the Pac. Its just sometimes they become the team you love to hate. Time for the duct tape now, need a little advice on it tho, Probably best to wear it all night untill 2:30 tomorow when I check the mail for my permit I guess? WD54241, do I Just wrap the sides of my head or is it necessary to wrap the top as well?

Only if warranted! and today it was warranted.. Removal of tape easier for me, I'm challenged with the hair on the roof! LOL

Guys your Hunter Safety is all that is required by law. However I can tell you it does nothing to train you as good specific CCW training course does.

Everyone should try and extend thier training anyway they can and soaking up knowledge on this forum and others is ok but realize that the net contains allot of mis-information. So having a Certified Firearms Instructor that is specifically trained in CCW is a great advantage. What you get in that sort class that you cannot and will not get in WI hunters safety course is the understanding of laws how CCW will impact you from a liability and responsibility stand point. The specifics are so important and I can absolutely tell you that you will not get enough or proper training to prepare you for CCW from a Hunters Safety Course. You do what you want but 5 hours of time to get this training is worth every second or every minute.
    THEONLYGHOST and stancehold like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    Guys your Hunter Safety is all that is required by law. However I can tell you it does nothing to train you as good specific CCW training course does.

Everyone should try and extend thier training anyway they can and soaking up knowledge on this forum and others is ok but realize that the net contains allot of mis-information. So having a Certified Firearms Instructor that is specifically trained in CCW is a great advantage. What you get in that sort class that you cannot and will not get in WI hunters safety course is the understanding of laws how CCW will impact you from a liability and responsibility stand point. The specifics are so important and I can absolutely tell you that you will not get enough or proper training to prepare you for CCW from a Hunters Safety Course. You do what you want but 5 hours of time to get this training is worth every second or every minute.
    Agreed! education and being proficent at your draw. I keep the 45 on the table and pick it up and fire at a paper plate at 20'. Than I put in holster and do it over again. Education is the best though.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Only if warranted! and today it was warranted.. Removal of tape easier for me, I'm challenged with the hair on the roof! LOL
    I like to believe that my hair line is substantually lower than it appears, and by the way Ive been useing the baseball cap excuse for at least 6 years now. I believe the ball cap causes it, not hides it, cant wait till I gota make the dreaded decesion, comb over or shave? I was a pretty rough and tumble kid and I am quite sure my head is going to look like wiffle ball shaved. And comb overs just show my denial. May just as well wear the duct tape permanentaly I guess. lol

I think that in the near future The standard Hunter Safety course will be tweeked some to better inform people about the requirements for CCW permits. Though no amount of training can fully prepare a person for what you can expect when you have to draw your weapon. Some of the purpose of training is to disipline yourself to always try to keep a clear head when things get dicey as well as to know your weapon. Hunters Safety at present does not teach both.
    Jpeetz and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Agreed! education and being proficent at your draw. I keep the 45 on the table and pick it up and fire at a paper plate at 20'. Than I put in holster and do it over again. Education is the best though.
    Proficency with a fire arm is of the utmost importance. If your firearm does not feel like an extension of you, it could be used against you. I grew up in the middle of know where and shooting, hunting and plinking have alwase been a part of my life. I believe this is also the root of my firm belief that guns dont kill, people do. Once a firearm becomes an extension of your body, you realize it is nothing more than a tool. A tool that you alwase have to respect, but a tool just the same. This is where true proficency with a firearm comes from. Shooting it often, respecting it alwase, and hopeing to god you never need to use it on another human being. My father alwase taught the hunter safety course free of charge. He realized the importance of getting as many kids on board as possabe. The fewer people who truley understand firearms in our future the harder it will be to protect our rights. The hunter safety course is plenty enuff education, that dosnt mean furthering your knowledge is a bad thing, knowledge is power. I for one never want to stop learning, I just dont need the Government telling me what i need to learn. Big brouther does a terrible job of protecting me from myself. I feel I am capable of takeing care of my own best interests.

Firing a weapon from the house is generally looked down on by others that live with you like wife.
    Ask me how I know
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

I do not believe hunters safety should be manditory, but I would be suspect of any person who figures that they do not need it, Those hunters who were grandfathered in should be granted a permit without if they so choose. But anyone without some background with a firearm would more than benifet from it. And I agree, Would be real simple to spend an hour or two during the corse to cover conceal carry, but lets not forget open carry, both should have some time dediceted to them, if dovetailed properly into the course the additional time spent on these verry important topics would be minimal. I just realy hate the govt. mandating things to me.

I do ot thnk you will see it tweaked at least to this point DNR says no.

Quote Originally Posted by rstanek View Post
    I think that in the near future The standard Hunter Safety course will be tweeked some to better inform people about the requirements for CCW permits. .
    I wouldn't think so. Most of the students taking hunter safety are under 18 yrs old. WI DNR has no real reason to change up their program...and I'm pretty sure they have said as much.
    Jpeetz and vista461 like this.

So I am realy torn in two on this issue because I believe even thoe a mandate on hunters safety is unconstitutional, Hunters safety plays a huge part in protecting our rights in the future. Guess it comes down to trusting those people who are about to start carrying, and I for one do, every one ive spoken with so far are looking at carrying as a responsibility, and thats pretty darn responsible.

Sponsored Links