Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mrjam2jab I wouldn't think so. Most of the students taking hunter safety are under 18 yrs old. WI DNR has no real ...

Page 104 of 296 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 4440
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I wouldn't think so. Most of the students taking hunter safety are under 18 yrs old. WI DNR has no real reason to change up their program...and I'm pretty sure they have said as much.
    Great point! Had not thought about that.

2. Remove Ads

many on this board feel as I do pertaining to training however time will tell and the anti gun lawyers will be the first to make an example out a permit holder with limited training , some may feel that hunting training is the same as ccw and those people may have a real wake up call down the road. Good luck and like previously mentioned, 4-5 hrs of your time and a hundred bucks will only add to your education and preparation for real life situations.
    Also if anyone is offended by my opinion, lighten up! this is america last time I checked,,
    Jpeetz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    many on this board feel as I do pertaining to training however time will tell and the anti gun lawyers will be the first to make an example out a permit holder with limited training , some may feel that hunting training is the same as ccw and those people may have a real wake up call down the road. Good luck and like previously mentioned, 4-5 hrs of your time and a hundred bucks will only add to your education and preparation for real life situations.
    Also if anyone is offended by my opinion, lighten up! this is america last time I checked,,
    I have also had a cc course, because you are rite I also believe knowing the law is an important aspect of this whole thing, I just dont want the govt. telling me I have to do it any more than I want the govt. telling me that I broke the law cause I ate at Mc Donalds and Mc Donalds is bad for me and if I eat their enugh it will eventually kill me. Any time Govt mandates, it limits your freedom. I am not saying you are wrong, because you are not wrong, at least not any more wrong than me. Their is a line for everyone drawin between freedom and personal protection. Give up a little freedom you gain a little protection. Give up a little protection you gain a little freedom. That line is drawn between the two differently in every single man women and child. Best we can do is debate it an try to understand the others point of view. And yes I do understan yours, my line is just drawn in a little different place than yours. Dosnt make either of us wrong in my point of view. At least not enough that we cant just agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    I have also had a cc course, because you are rite I also believe knowing the law is an important aspect of this whole thing, I just dont want the govt. telling me I have to do it any more than I want the govt. telling me that I broke the law cause I ate at Mc Donalds and Mc Donalds is bad for me and if I eat their enugh it will eventually kill me. Any time Govt mandates, it limits your freedom. I am not saying you are wrong, because you are not wrong, at least not any more wrong than me. Their is a line for everyone drawin between freedom and personal protection. Give up a little freedom you gain a little protection. Give up a little protection you gain a little freedom. That line is drawn between the two differently in every single man women and child. Best we can do is debate it an try to understand the others point of view. And yes I do understan yours, my line is just drawn in a little different place than yours. Dosnt make either of us wrong in my point of view. At least not enough that we cant just agree to disagree.
    I agree completly,, well said.
    Jpeetz, WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Saturday wife decide she wanted a new hand gun we have had weapons around us all our lives. But she wanted something smaller. So We drove over to fleet Farm got a great deal on the Ruger LCP380 she wanted. Then I noticed 3 other women filling out the paper work.
    So far less than 60,000 apl in we need to encourage more to apply a number that low is not looking good for us

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    that sucks should i send in another app.lol
    No if they are a bit slowed down and confused now think how it would be if you sent them two

While I can't comment on hunter safety courses for I have never taken one, I've gotten my training from the service. I would believe that any type of firearm training is a good foundation to build off of. We need to be more diligent and stay current with the laws and every single aspect of our new freedom. Any new laws or changes to existing laws will not be forwarded to us by the DOJ, It's up to us to stay informed and those of us that do not the government will hold that against us should we face the dreaded moment.
    Jpeetz and THEONLYGHOST like this.

I think tomorow is day 45 for me. Sent 11/4, cashed check 11/21, Im not getting any younger!!! LOL, I am quite sure tomorow or tuesday at the latest, If i do not get it tomorow I will call on tuesday, if I do not get a reasonable excuse/reason or I get the runaround a certified letter will be sent. I am pretty confident tho. Havent herd anybody go over 45 yet but some went rite up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    While I can't comment on hunter safety courses for I have never taken one, I've gotten my training from the service. I would believe that any type of firearm training is a good foundation to build off of. We need to be more diligent and stay current with the laws and every single aspect of our new freedom. Any new laws or changes to existing laws will not be forwarded to us by the DOJ, It's up to us to stay informed and those of us that do not the government will hold that against us should we face the dreaded moment.
    As always, well said, Wd54241.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

I think tomorow is day 45 for me. Sent 11/4, cashed check 11/21, Im not getting any younger!!! LOL, I am quite sure tomorow or tuesday at the latest, If i do not get it tomorow I will call on tuesday, if I do not get a reasonable excuse/reason or I get the runaround a certified letter will be sent. I am pretty confident tho. Havent herd anybody go over 45 yet but some went rite up to it.
    Agreed, have not heard of any yet. If you already have the letter I'd drop in the box anyway.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Want to know what I'm worried about, it's the first case where a ccw uses his weapon! God help that first person! the media firestorm will be unbelieveable...

Does it go by your mail date for sure or the check cash date? I wish I woulda sent the application certified so I had proof. But yah, I could send the certified letter tomorow just in case. Just think its gota be comming, I would be real supprised if it didnt?

Does it go by your mail date for sure or the check cash date? I wish I woulda sent the application certified so I had proof. But yah, I could send the certified letter tomorow just in case. Just think its gota be comming, I would be real supprised if it didnt?
    The date they got it in the mail

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    The date they got it in the mail
    In your case I'd say Monday 11/7 they got it

# of apps

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Saturday wife decide she wanted a new hand gun we have had weapons around us all our lives. But she wanted something smaller. So We drove over to fleet Farm got a great deal on the Ruger LCP380 she wanted. Then I noticed 3 other women filling out the paper work.
    So far less than 60,000 apl in we need to encourage more to apply a number that low is not looking good for us
    I have to say the number of applications has far outpaced the amnt. expected in the first two months that is why the DOJ has gotten backed up. Before the Law went into effect estimates were for 15-25,000 for the initial kickoff so the amnt of applications so far is very encouraging . I have talked to several people who said they aare going to apply but they want to wait till the DOJ has the kinks worked out . So please do not be discourged we have a very good start. Also it would be a good idea to contact your representatives and the Gov and tell them how much you appreciate being able to exersize your new right.And I encourage you all to Support our Governor who without we would still be without CCW.JUST MY OPINION.

Links