Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 105

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not just the media firestorm, the legal firestorm too, the media will have a hay day on it, that is why forums like this are ...

Page 105 of 297 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 4448
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Not just the media firestorm, the legal firestorm too, the media will have a hay day on it, that is why forums like this are so important, to educate, debate, and possibly group together toward that poor guys aid if things go south in the media. Something like this, you will more than likely be guilty untill proven innocent. I truly hope I am never put in that situation.
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    In your case I'd say Monday 11/7 they got it
    That is exacty what I thought because of the cash date, Thats why I thought about giving them till tuesday, I just think the odds of me being the only one completly left behind is truly unbelievable and I just know my wait is short now. One side of me wants to attack the DOJ like a rabbid dog, But I do truly believe they are handeling this the best that they can. And yes they obviously boggled november but I also know that once I have that permit in my hand they will be easily forgiven. and my smile will be ear to ear. I got a perminant smile any way because the duct tape is pulling a bit on the corners of my mouth, You were right this duct tape thing realy works. Im even talking good about the DOJ??? LOL
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    It was in an article on the Milwaukee Journal website. Here is the link. More than 20,000 concealed carry applications pour in this week - JSOnline
    This is info from the first week, very informative.
    Jpeetz likes this.

The training specifically goes over scenarios and the "what if " questions and procedures if you use your weapon In a defensive shooting. Things like what not to say and how to prepare for the on slot of emotions and legals issues. It goes into avoidance and immenant danger and the psychological events before, during and after a defensive shooting.

The mechanics of shooting and practice is a small part of the class we had. Even things like insurance. Heck before that class Imhad not even considered how my home owners insurance might come into play.

I agree it being required is not what any of us wants but you owe to yourself and your family to be armed with as much knowledge as humanly possible in the even you have to defend yourself you do not want some DA to string you up because you didn't what to say and when to say it.

Look at this way even LEO get run through ringer when they discharge their weapons investigations and the press the post traumatic stress all these things are covered in training. Think what private citizen will go through.

Posted Sunday, December 18, 2011 --- 7:02 p.m.

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- The Wisconsin Department of Justice says its resources are being stretched to the limit as it rushes to meet deadlines for processing applications for concealed carry gun permits.

The Green Bay Press-Gazette reports the DOJ has been asking employees to work overtime and is pulling employees from other units to help.

The Legislature gave the department enough funding to hire one more full-time employee and 10 more part-time employees to process applications. DOJ spokeswoman Dana Brueck says that hasn't been enough, but the department so far is meeting all deadlines.

The Legislature gave the department 45 days to process applications submitted between Nov. 1 and Dec. 1. The department has 21 days to process applications received after Dec. 1. The department had received nearly 56,000 applications as of Dec. 11.

[QUOTE=upnorth;2107133]many on this board feel as I do pertaining to training however time will tell and the anti gun lawyers will be the first to make an example out a permit holder with limited training , some may feel that hunting training is the same as ccw and those people may have a real wake up call down the road. Good luck and like previously mentioned, 4-5 hrs of your time and a hundred bucks will only add to your education and preparation for real life situations. Also if anyone is offended by my opinion, lighten up! this is america last time I checked,,[/QUOTE

I wasn't offended by your opinion I am all for Training and I plan on furthering my education. It was how you stated your opinion I come to this forum to interact with likeminded people not to be labeled with a stereotype that could have come right from the lips of James and Sarah Brady.
    Last edited by rugerdog77; December 18th, 2011 at 10:37 PM.
    Jpeetz and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Hey all. Just wanted to let everyone know I haven't left the "cause." Glad to see that many of you received your permits since I last posted on receiving mine. I guess I'm also glad I missed the fracas a few days ago and hope that everyone came out unscathed. As one of the more senior members posted, many forums will not tolerate rudeness to other people. While I'm new here, I have been a member on another forum for over 6 years and have enjoyed the camaraderie that web-forums provide for like minded people. But again, glad everyone came out of that situation good.

I hope tomorrow or Tuesday is the day for the rest of you who have not received their permits in a timely manner. As the press release pointed out, and from what we surmised, is that the DOJ is overwhelmed and understaffed. Hopefully they will remedy that once the amount of apps slow down.

Good luck to everyone who hasn't received theirs and be safe to those of us who have. I have to say, I was exhilarated a few days ago when I carried my Sig 229 out of my property for the first time. I'm also glad to see that there are a lot less signs posted than I expected and hope it remains that way.

As some have said, taking a CCW class may still be a good thing to do for those of us who qualified by either military training or hunters safety. My wife is still on the fence on if she wants to get hers or not and I am pushing her to do so. I've already told her that I will be happy to take the class with her for not only the extra training, but to qualify for permits from other states. I personally think the extra training will do me some good.

Have fun and safe carrying everyone!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

[QUOTE=rugerdog77;2107257]
    Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    many on this board feel as I do pertaining to training however time will tell and the anti gun lawyers will be the first to make an example out a permit holder with limited training , some may feel that hunting training is the same as ccw and those people may have a real wake up call down the road. Good luck and like previously mentioned, 4-5 hrs of your time and a hundred bucks will only add to your education and preparation for real life situations.
    Also if anyone is offended by my opinion, lighten up! this is america last time I checked,,[/QUOTE

I wasn't offended by your opinion I am all for Training and I plan on furthering my education. It was how you stated your opinion I come to this forum to interact with likeminded people not to be labeled with a stereotype that could have come right form the lips of James and Sarah Brady.
    Further training should be a choice, granted it is the only responsible choice in some cases, It is my belief it is still a choice. I can tell you that because of this provocitive discusion it is my belief that if someone put together a book or better yet a websight which is updated every day with any changes in wisconsin CC law and related CC information compiled in a manner it could be used as a teaching aid their would probably be some money in it for someone with the ambition to presue it. Would be a great way to keep on top of changes, current events, current news, and the like and how it pertains to Wisconsin CC in a more organized manner.

My Wife as I was were not required to take the classes DD214 covered that. However she has decided to take one along with our daughter. Not a bad Idea IMO.
    It will get here when it gets here I would not mind waiting a bit longer if I heard 200,000 alp had been received.
    Jpeetz and THEONLYGHOST like this.

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerdog77 View Post
    I'm sorry but your statement about John Wayne wanna be sounds just like many anti gun people who have fought against ccw in wisconsin. If sombody has the disposition to shoot Grandma there is something wrong other than not knowing the law. No amount of training is going to fix that. I used my hunters safty for training and I am well aware of the laws and right or wrong. I am here soaking up the knowledge plus I'm a member of uscca. You labeled many upstanding law abiding citizens here and I find it offensive.
    I agree - you can't fix stupid!

While I can't comment on hunter safety courses for I have never taken one, I've gotten my training from the service. I would believe that any type of firearm training is a good foundation to build off of. We need to be more diligent and stay current with the laws and every single aspect of our new freedom. Any new laws or changes to existing laws will not be forwarded to us by the DOJ, It's up to us to stay informed and those of us that do not the government will hold that against us should we face the dreaded moment.
    In any area of life one has to keep up. How many traffic laws have changed since any of you had driver's ed and first got your license?

As they say, ignorance of the law is no excuse. If one chooses to carry, it's an individual responsibility to be cognizant of what you can and can't do.

Required training, with the accompanying cost, is an infringement. (On top of the other infringement of needing the permission slip in the first place.) While the WI requirement is not as burdensome as some places, it's still an unnecessary burden.
    Jpeetz likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Want to know what I'm worried about, it's the first case where a ccw uses his weapon! God help that first person! the media firestorm will be unbelieveable...
    I guess your concern is one of those yes and no thoughts. Keep in mind we are the 49th state to pass such a law. It will most likely be whatever DA ends up reviewing the case if there is one. There was an incident recently in Milwaukee county where the DA wants to charge an off-duty officer with a felony that had an accidental discharge in a shopping mall. Police chief wants to deal with the issue internally. A women ended up with a bruise on her leg from the bullet.

It's being called "The cop heard 'round the world"... This Canton Concealed Carry arrest is a perfect example of why the law on "mandatory notification" needs to be changed quickly.
    Canton PD Notification Arrest & Officer Conduct

I do not want to get off into something not allowed on this site. so If this does delete it .
    What we need is a fund held by a trust worthy group non profit, funds donated by CC holders held in a trust and used to defend anyone with a CC that is forced to use their weapon.
    A dollar here and there would not be missed by most and would add up over time. I would be the first to throw down a bit more than a few dollars.
    It is only a madder of time and someone in Milwaukee or Madison is going to be in a lot of trouble for nothing more than defending themselves. You do not have to be wrong to have your life destroyed if you do not have a great lawyer.
    Jpeetz likes this.

Now I'm really thinking something is up. I don't know if my letter got lost in the mail or what, but I sent it in on the 1st of December and my check STILL hasn't been cashed :-/

Links