Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Todays the day I get my permit! I am sure of it. Day 45 from the send date. If I dont, I will be the ...

Page 106 of 296 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 4431
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

  1. #1576
    Member
    Array Jpeetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tomahawk Wi.
    Posts
    268
    Todays the day I get my permit! I am sure of it. Day 45 from the send date. If I dont, I will be the only guy I have seen on this site goung over 45 days not counting the guys who had to refile because of improperly filled out applications or guys having trouble with background checks. I hope I get it, sent 11/4, cashed 11/21.
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #1577
    Member
    Array Jpeetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tomahawk Wi.
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by FryDay View Post
    Now I'm really thinking something is up. I don't know if my letter got lost in the mail or what, but I sent it in on the 1st of December and my check STILL hasn't been cashed :-/
    Yah, that certainly dosnt sound rite to me unless they quit cashing the checks as soon as they get them at the DOJ, Thay cash them pretty darn quick at the DOJ, Its the permit that takes awile for novembers apps. Took them 17 days to cash mine, but that was real unusual most guys with my send date had there checks cashed 4 days eirlier. But im no expert on december, Im still a November 4 guy, waiting patiently.

  4. #1578
    Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    LaCrosse Wisconsin
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by FryDay View Post
    Now I'm really thinking something is up. I don't know if my letter got lost in the mail or what, but I sent it in on the 1st of December and my check STILL hasn't been cashed :-/
    If I recall correctly the USPO admits that at least 1/2 of 1% of all first class mail never reached it's destination. With 60,000 applications that means there are 300 out there in never never land with the Cheshire cats. Nothing but a smile.

    I'll assume there are lots of reasons for this not all the USPO fault so given that I'll bet we CC types were 10X more careful with out addresses to that brings it down to 30 lost forever.
    Jpeetz likes this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

  5. #1579
    Member Array FryDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    68
    I'm really hoping that with the 21 day people, the DOJ decided to cash the checks the same day the license is issued. Not holding my breath though :-/

  6. #1580
    Member Array FryDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    Todays the day I get my permit! I am sure of it. Day 45 from the send date. If I dont, I will be the only guy I have seen on this site goung over 45 days not counting the guys who had to refile because of improperly filled out applications or guys having trouble with background checks. I hope I get it, sent 11/4, cashed 11/21.
    Don't forget that it is 45 days from when they received it...not when you sent it!

  7. #1581
    VIP Member Array Smitty901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by FryDay View Post
    Now I'm really thinking something is up. I don't know if my letter got lost in the mail or what, but I sent it in on the 1st of December and my check STILL hasn't been cashed :-/
    If your check is not posted in a day or so I would assume you have an issue

  8. #1582
    pps
    pps is offline
    Member Array pps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cadott, WI
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    mailed: 11/4
    check cashed: 11/17
    check cleared: 11/18
    issued:12/13
    received: 12/16
    permit #: 260xx

    It's like the weight of an elephant off my shoulders
    Well it's about time Huh Kathie!! wow quite a bit after me, I got 16xxxx

  9. #1583
    pps
    pps is offline
    Member Array pps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cadott, WI
    Posts
    72
    GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- The Wisconsin Department of Justice says its resources are being stretched to the limit as it rushes to meet deadlines for processing applications for concealed carry gun permits.

    The DOJ has been asking employees to work overtime and is pulling employees from other units to help.

    The Legislature gave the department enough funding to hire one more full-time employee and 10 more part-time employees to process applications. DOJ spokeswoman Dana Brueck says that hasn't been enough, but the department so far is meeting all deadlines.

    The Legislature gave the department 45 days to process applications submitted between Nov. 1 and Dec. 1. The department has 21 days to process applications received after Dec. 1. The department had received nearly 56,000 applications as of Dec. 11.

    (Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

  10. #1584
    Member
    Array Jpeetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tomahawk Wi.
    Posts
    268
    To those who want more required training to obtain a permit.

    Even though this is realy not the place for this discussion, it continues to come up, and I believe that it is an important enough issue that it should be addressed propperly.

    Seems to be a lot of chatter about requiring more education, My personal beliefs are that even the manditory hunters safety infringes on my constitutional rights. Now that dosnt make Hunters safety, or any cc class bad by any means, as a mater of fact hunters safety, in my belief, helps protect our rights. In my expirence most (not all) people who want to infringe upon my rite to bear arms are just unfamiliar or uncomfortable with guns. Hunters safety is an awsome introduction to our youth into the safe use of firearms. Because of my up-bringing, guns have alwase been a large part of my life, I learned from an eirly age that a gun is nothing more than a tool. The more you shoot, the more comfortable you become, untill the firearm becoms nothing more than an extension of your own body, thats rite a tool. It is at this point that you trully understand that guns dont kill people, its the people holding them that kill. So even though hunters safety and further education is of the utmost importance to introduce our youth to proper use of firearms because that youth will be makeing the laws in our future and I for one want lawmakers who understand just what a firearm is, requireing hunters safety is unconstitutional! Or is it? Before the age of 18 years it can be argued that a person has few or no constitutional rights, So hunters safety could actualy be made manditory in all schools for all children, Why not? They got our kids putting condoms on bannanas in some goofy states now. Further education is important. I am a responsible adult. I will make a responsible decision. But in the end, constitutionally it is MY decision, not yours, not the governments, MINE. I have also had a cc course, because you are rite I also believe knowing the law is an important aspect of this whole thing, I just dont want the govt. telling me I have to do it any more than I want the govt. telling me that I broke the law cause I ate at Mc Donalds and Mc Donalds is bad for me and if I eat their enugh it will eventually kill me. Any time Govt mandates, it limits your freedom. I am not saying you are wrong, because you are not wrong, at least not any more wrong than I am. Their is a line for everyone drawin between freedom and personal protection. Give up a little freedom you gain a little protection. Give up a little protection you gain a little freedom. That line is drawn between protection and freedom differently in every single man women and child. Best we can do is debate it an try to understand the others point of view. And yes I do understan yours, its just that my line is just drawn in a little different place than yours. Dosnt make either of us wrong in my point of view. At least not enough that we cant just agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Jpeetz; December 19th, 2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Unclear meaning
    rokrok likes this.

  11. #1585
    Senior Member Array WD54241's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lake shore N.E. W.I.
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    Todays the day I get my permit! I am sure of it. Day 45 from the send date. If I dont, I will be the only guy I have seen on this site goung over 45 days not counting the guys who had to refile because of improperly filled out applications or guys having trouble with background checks. I hope I get it, sent 11/4, cashed 11/21.
    I like it! Positive thinking!!

  12. #1586
    Senior Member Array WD54241's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lake shore N.E. W.I.
    Posts
    917
    I just got back from Wally World and refueling the truck. I forgot the sidearm was even on me! Carrying the bags in I heard a loud clunk, the semi under the coat at the 4:00 position bumped on the door frame! I started to laugh.
    kathie63 and rokrok like this.

  13. #1587
    Senior Member Array WD54241's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lake shore N.E. W.I.
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    To those who want more required training to obtain a permit.

    Even though this is realy not the place for this discussion, it continues to come up, and I believe that it is an important enough issue that it should be addressed propperly.

    Seems to be a lot of chatter about requiring more education, My personal beliefs are that even the manditory hunters safety infringes on my constitutional rights. Now that dosnt make Hunters safety, or any cc class bad by any means, as a mater of fact hunters safety, in my belief, helps protect our rights. In my expirence most (not all) people who want to infringe upon my rite to bear arms are just unfamiliar or uncomfortable with guns. Hunters safety is an awsome introduction to our youth into the safe use of firearms. Because of my up-bringing, guns have alwase been a large part of my life, I learned from an eirly age that a gun is nothing more than a tool. The more you shoot, the more comfortable you become, untill the firearm becoms nothing more than an extension of your own body, thats rite a tool. It is at this point that you trully understand that guns dont kill people, its the people holding them that kill. So even though hunters safety and further education is of the utmost importance to introduce our youth to proper use of firearms because that youth will be makeing the laws in our future and I for one want lawmakers who understand just what a firearm is, requireing hunters safety is unconstitutional! Or is it? Before the age of 18 years it can be argued that a person has few or no constitutional rights, So hunters safety could actualy be made manditory in all schools for all children, Why not? They got our kids putting condoms on bannanas in some goofy states now. Further education is important. I am a responsible adult. I will make a responsible decision. But in the end, constitutionally it is MY decision, not yours, not the governments, MINE. I have also had a cc course, because you are rite I also believe knowing the law is an important aspect of this whole thing, I just dont want the govt. telling me I have to do it any more than I want the govt. telling me that I broke the law cause I ate at Mc Donalds and Mc Donalds is bad for me and if I eat their enugh it will eventually kill me. Any time Govt mandates, it limits your freedom. I am not saying you are wrong, because you are not wrong, at least not any more wrong than I am. Their is a line for everyone drawin between freedom and personal protection. Give up a little freedom you gain a little protection. Give up a little protection you gain a little freedom. That line is drawn between protection and freedom differently in every single man women and child. Best we can do is debate it an try to understand the others point of view. And yes I do understan yours, its just that my line is just drawn in a little different place than yours. Dosnt make either of us wrong in my point of view. At least not enough that we cant just agree to disagree.
    Your correct on so many points... Birth control for my 5th grader without my consent, telling them it's ok if daddy wears a dress, the Pilgrims were oppressors of the Indians etc. Sorry I digressed, thats food for another chat page.

  14. #1588
    Senior Member Array WD54241's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lake shore N.E. W.I.
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by pps View Post
    GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- The Wisconsin Department of Justice says its resources are being stretched to the limit as it rushes to meet deadlines for processing applications for concealed carry gun permits.

    The DOJ has been asking employees to work overtime and is pulling employees from other units to help.

    The Legislature gave the department enough funding to hire one more full-time employee and 10 more part-time employees to process applications. DOJ spokeswoman Dana Brueck says that hasn't been enough, but the department so far is meeting all deadlines.

    The Legislature gave the department 45 days to process applications submitted between Nov. 1 and Dec. 1. The department has 21 days to process applications received after Dec. 1. The department had received nearly 56,000 applications as of Dec. 11.

    (Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    I don't know, call me paranoid if you like. I have a funny feeling this is the DOJ's way of saying some applications may exceed the 45 day limit for the inital applicants yet to receive their permit???

  15. #1589
    Member Array CONCTED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Where The Bluffs,Mississippi, and Eagles Meet.
    Posts
    40
    Well 45 days since I put it in the mail!
    Issued 30 days after they cashed my check!
    IT'S HERE #277**
    Thanks to everyone for helping me through this.
    WD54241, mrkurt and THEONLYGHOST like this.

  16. #1590
    Member
    Array Jpeetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tomahawk Wi.
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by CONCTED View Post
    Well 45 days since I put it in the mail!
    Issued 30 days after they cashed my check!
    IT'S HERE #277**
    Thanks to everyone for helping me through this.
    Congratulations, enjoy and most of all be safe!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

after the wisconsin doj cashes your check when will i get my ccw permit
,

where is my ccw wi

,

where is my wisconsin ccw permit

,
wisconsin ccw permit processing time
,

wisconsin ccw permit time

,

wisconsin ccw permit turn around time

,

wisconsin ccw time

,
wisconsin ccw turnaround
,
wisconsin concealed carry
,
wisconsin concealed carry permit waiting time
,
wisconsin concealed carry wait time
,

wisconsin defensive carry forum

Click on a term to search for related topics.