Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by pps your right this does not belong here at all, and next time please spell check.. And keep your opinions to yourself, ...

Page 108 of 297 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 4441
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by pps View Post
    your right this does not belong here at all, and next time please spell check..

And keep your opinions to yourself, not all agree with you that's for sure..
    Sorry, I was not trying to offend, It is nothing more than one mans opinion. Im not trying to sell it it, it is only my belief.
    I apoligize if for some reason I offended, hope you accept.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    Yes! Finally! I have been carrying every day! Feels great! Already looking into getting a Ruger LCR w/CT laser grip! 1 for my purse-1 to carry on body (just in case my purse gets stolen"!
    Well at least if you shoot the guy that took your purse you will know he's armed LOL
    Jpeetz, kathie63 and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

That's my thought if it is not posted at EVERY entrance into the mall itself how can they arrest you if it is not posted? I never enter the mall through the outside MALL doors, it is always through the stores themselves.
    Like I said tho, I am not entirly sure, find out from a better source than me but let me know if we are correct. Should be rite unless ownership law is different for malls for some reason?

If the mall is posted...I haven't seen it yet but it is listed on the "don't buy list", if I enter on the outside doors of say Kohl's, Sears, JCPenney, Boston Store where there is no signage I believe I would be legal correct as long as I don't go in the mall itself? Even though that is part of the Mall?

Just curious and good to know. Thoughts?
    That's why Minnesota law prevents a mall owner from posting. The individual stors can if they wish but the mall cannot force the individual businesses to follow their personal wishes.

BTW Wisconsin law requires posting at EVERY access point
    Jpeetz likes this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Well at least if you shoot the guy that took your purse you will know he's armed LOL
    Good way to look at it!! Then there's no doubt!!!
    But of course I wouldn't and couldn't shoot unless he pulled the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    That's why Minnesota law prevents a mall owner from posting. The individual stors can if they wish but the mall cannot force the individual businesses to follow their personal wishes.

BTW Wisconsin law requires posting at EVERY access point
    But isn't the Mall of America posted?

But isn't the Mall of America posted?
    Yes it is. There has been much said about that in a MN carry forum, But the posting is not legal for three reasons. First of all a Mall clearly cannot post. That part of the law is VERY specific. Second the posting in the mall is not at/on the door as required. Third the sign is not of the required size, color, and style as specified in the law. It just a statement on a side wall several feet to the side and past the double entry doors. That said the mall has it's own Bloomington police force division headquartered in the mall itself. If they see you with a gun they will ask you to go. Legal or not that's what they do. BTW in Minnesota if you carry past a posted sign you can only be fined $25 max and that fine is only applied if you refuse to leave after being asked to by a person in authority to do so. Most of us who live or lived there total ignore all signs except federal buildings and schools for that reason.

General carry rule is keep concealed. and carry at least two guns. The mall is closely patrolled BUT bad people that have nothing better to do can and will hang out there as much as they can get away with. Their 18 and younger must be accompanied by a parent rules on weekends has helped there a lot with the problems.

PS: State fair tries to post as well but that is also not legal and many open carry there to prove the point.

Quote Originally Posted by CONCTED View Post
    Well 45 days since I put it in the mail!
    Issued 30 days after they cashed my check!
    IT'S HERE #277**
    Thanks to everyone for helping me through this.
    Way to Go!!! Congrats!!

The Milwaukee Journal today Monday 12/19/2011 is running an acticle on Wisconsin DOJ backlog of applications. For anyone who cares, (and I assume we all do), go there and voice an opinoun. FYI

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by TGP View Post
    Maybe tomorrow there will be good news in my mailbox. I have since applied for CCWs from Utah and Florida. Florida has cashed the check, Utah has not. Utah may reject my application since I didn't have my Wisconsin CCW to include. Since I have a California short term, visiting family & friends, address they may still process it. Time will tell!

Have a growth day and Merry Christ-filled Christmas & Happy New Year to all!
    Rec'd CCW today, Monday, 12/19/11, at my temporary address in CA.
    Mailed 11/1/11 from Sparta
    Rec'd at DoJ 11/3/11
    Issued 12/8/11
    Sent 12/12/11
    Forwarded from Norwalk, WI 12/15/11
    Rec'd in CA 12/19/11
    Permit Number 227XX
    CCW permit issued 38 days from mailing and 36 days from the date DoJ received my application.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tgp View Post
    rec'd ccw today, monday, 12/19/11, at my temporary address in ca.
    Mailed 11/1/11 from sparta
    rec'd at doj 11/3/11
    issued 12/8/11
    sent 12/12/11
    forwarded from norwalk, wi 12/15/11
    rec'd in ca 12/19/11
    permit number 227xx
    ccw permit issued 38 days from mailing and 36 days from the date doj received my application.
    congrats!!!!!

Where The Bluffs,Mississippi, and Eagles Meet.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Way to Go!!! Congrats!!
    Yes but the bad news Saturday I tore a calf muscle and until I'm off the pain killers no ccw.
    Go figure huh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CONCTED View Post
    Yes but the bad news Saturday I tore a calf muscle and until I'm off the pain killers no ccw.
    Go figure huh!!!
    Ouch! Well ummm, ahhhhh, Merry Christmas?

Links