Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by WD54241 I think you have been more than patient and have maintained composure considering some folks have already received there permit who ...

Page 110 of 297 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 4441
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

  1. #1636
    Member Array Jpeetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tomahawk Wi.
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I think you have been more than patient and have maintained composure considering some folks have already received there permit who filed several weeks after you. It will most likely arrive by courier pigeon tomorrow.
    Yah, I agree, you know I realy never expected this, Murphys Law. Ill start getting to the botom of this tomorow, First got to pick up some tylenol, rolaids, and duct tape. Then ill go th the post office and mail certified (just in case). And begin calling, see what I can turn up? If it comes tomorow great, if not, at least I got the ball rolling.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #1637
    Member Array alandh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    madison
    Posts
    119
    My buddy got his today. Mailed around first week check cleared 17th received today. Hopefully mine is right behind it.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

  4. #1638
    Member Array Jpeetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tomahawk Wi.
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    My buddy got his today. Mailed around first week check cleared 17th received today. Hopefully mine is right behind it.
    Probably is, not many, if any, that I have herd of made it longer than me starting tomorow. I am thinking mine is the exception and not the rule. I hope you get it soon.

  5. #1639
    Member Array Jpeetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tomahawk Wi.
    Posts
    268
    I hope this isnt because of that time I double parked at the post office? I alwase new that was going to come back to haunt me! They probably got wind of that in my background check! DARN-IT!!!

  6. #1640
    Member Array alandh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    madison
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    Probably is, not many, if any, that I have herd of made it longer than me starting tomorow. I am thinking mine is the exception and not the rule. I hope you get it soon.
    Thanks dude i hope yours comes tomarrow
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

  7. #1641
    Senior Member Array Ramjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NE Wisconsin
    Posts
    603
    Well time to come back on and reflect.

    Great to have the permit and the range of emotions one goes through while waiting is crazy.

    Asking well did I do something stupid and now Im going to be rejected?
    Did the mail loose this how could that happen?
    Is the gov just messing with me?
    Could they be that far behind?
    Did some liberal state worker sabotage my application?

    Most the above are stupid and should not even come up.

    The way it stands they did not do any of these things it was just a matter of getting overwhelmed and not anticipating the amount of applications coming in and then the tremendous increase in handgun purchases.

    The workers are working very hard I was wrong on all counts itmis frustrating and they are not totally off the hook. The leaders the managers could have did better planning. The application numbers should have been somewhat predictable. The wild card was the increase in handgun purchases. Hard to predict the amount of the increase what that extra drain would have been.

    So hold the faith. The permit or answer is coming they are working and can tell you the workers at the DOJ are under allot of pressure to get these application processed. I think the one worker said that job is not fun anymore. I can understand that.

    I am glad to have mine and respect the right and opportunity.
    WD54241, Jpeetz and THEONLYGHOST like this.

  8. #1642
    Senior Member Array WD54241's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lake shore N.E. W.I.
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    Well time to come back on and reflect.

    Great to have the permit and the range of emotions one goes through while waiting is crazy.

    Asking well did I do something stupid and now Im going to be rejected?
    Did the mail loose this how could that happen?
    Is the gov just messing with me?
    Could they be that far behind?
    Did some liberal state worker sabotage my application?

    Most the above are stupid and should not even come up.

    The way it stands they did not do any of these things it was just a matter of getting overwhelmed and not anticipating the amount of applications coming in and then the tremendous increase in handgun purchases.

    The workers are working very hard I was wrong on all counts itmis frustrating and they are not totally off the hook. The leaders the managers could have did better planning. The application numbers should have been somewhat predictable. The wild card was the increase in handgun purchases. Hard to predict the amount of the increase what that extra drain would have been.

    So hold the faith. The permit or answer is coming they are working and can tell you the workers at the DOJ are under allot of pressure to get these application processed. I think the one worker said that job is not fun anymore. I can understand that.

    I am glad to have mine and respect the right and opportunity.
    Well said! Well said!
    Jpeetz likes this.

  9. #1643
    Member Array mrkurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    37
    Relax I believe it"ll be arriving soon. I dont know their logic to why but a sure me you"ll here soon.

  10. #1644
    VIP Member Array Smitty901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,254
    Not sure about the buying of new weapons holding things up.
    Saturday went shopping for a new one for my wife , others were doing the same thing it took only minutes to get the check done and I did not see it taking long for the others buying new ones.
    50,000 with 11 people doing it for 60 days would be how many in a 6 hour workday? over whelming maybe maybe not.
    Lady at Fleet farm did 3 in minutes.
    I still think they have some explaining to do not like you could not see this coming.
    They will come and 4 months into next year it will be settled down some.

  11. #1645
    Member Array CONCTED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Where The Bluffs,Mississippi, and Eagles Meet.
    Posts
    40
    I just wish they would have for once used some common sense. And said to begin with they would do the best they could. Not first in first out BS. They knew they were gonna be overwhelmed with apps. Could have saved some ink and alot of headaches for people.

  12. #1646
    Senior Member Array Ramjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NE Wisconsin
    Posts
    603
    Handgun sales have been up over 50% that is allot of background checks. The work load is much higher. One thing for sure the folks working on these are working hard the management was where the ball was dropped. Not anticipating. On a positive note they didn't spend money too soon as they waited till why were sure they were overwhelmed then requested extra funding for more employees.

    I will put myself in the below catagory.

    Too many time we as society have no patients and want instant gratification. Fast food restaurants is probably the best example. You go through the drive through if you have to pull over and wait it irritates us. Yup gotta make conscious effort to change that slow down enjoy things.

    My point is my attitude on this issue was driven by that disposition. Instant everything. I applied I wanted it and expected maybe unrealistically that it should happen very fast. Then when my lovely wife got hers and mine was not there well then my mind took over fabricating all sorts of reasons. I was stupid and not willing to wait. Instant gratification. Again the leadership at the DOJ dropped the ball to the extent they were not ready. But the folks working there didn't.
    mrkurt and Jpeetz like this.

  13. #1647
    Member Array CONCTED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Where The Bluffs,Mississippi, and Eagles Meet.
    Posts
    40
    I do disagree a little on that when your told onething and that's not how it gets done. Patience will wear thin no matter what.
    I have a very uncommon name, a clean record, and had purchased 3 guns in the prior 2 months before this started. Wife's issued 3000+ prior to mine even though mine was cashed 2 days prior to hers. When things don't make sense patience won't prevail.
    Jpeetz likes this.

  14. #1648
    Member Array Jpeetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tomahawk Wi.
    Posts
    268
    I can honestly say my patients are wearing thin, but im not going on the war path or anything like that, when it gets here it gets here, but I'd be foolish not to at least look into it. It has been long enough now for me that something could have went wrong. Not saying it did, but it certainly could have. Im simply going to check on it. Im not going to make any demands, threats, or the like. I just want to make sure it is comming or do I have another hoop to jump through now? Thats how I look at it anyway. frankly, id feel like an idiot waiting another 45 days for something that was lost in the christmas cards.

  15. #1649
    Senior Member Array Ramjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NE Wisconsin
    Posts
    603
    Like I said the leaders of the DOJ dropped the ball.

    Hang in there guys do not let your mind wander one goods thing this place did for me was give me some perspective. Understanding that they are overwhelmed and under staffed certainly is little comfort but knowing that they will get your application at some point helps.

    Hang in there.
    Jpeetz likes this.

  16. #1650
    Member Array MrMeanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Eau Claire, Wisconsin
    Posts
    21
    Glad to have mine, but I wonder what it will be like in five years when there is a large number of renewals all at once. See you all on the same forum maybe then?
    On another note my father sent in his application on Friday the 16th and I am curious to see how long it will take to receive. I will update.
    Last edited by MrMeanor; December 19th, 2011 at 10:45 PM. Reason: more to add
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

after the wisconsin doj cashes your check when will i get my ccw permit
,

where is my ccw wi

,

where is my wisconsin ccw permit

,
wi concealed carry
,
wisconsin ccw permit processing time
,

wisconsin ccw permit time

,

wisconsin ccw permit turn around time

,

wisconsin ccw time

,
wisconsin ccw turnaround
,
wisconsin concealed carry
,
wisconsin concealed carry wait time
,

wisconsin defensive carry forum

Click on a term to search for related topics.