Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 111

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got a question......I now the law says that you cant have a gun within 1000 feet of a school and in or on the ...

Page 111 of 297 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 4453
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

I got a question......I now the law says that you cant have a gun within 1000 feet of a school and in or on the property. once u have a permit the law says the 1000 feet rule does not apply. so if you attend a sporting event at school and leave your gun in the car of coarse. Would your car be considered personal property, or would u have to park on the street. Thanks for the feed back!

Quote Originally Posted by pps View Post
    your right this does not belong here at all, and next time please spell check..

And keep your opinions to yourself, not all agree with you that's for sure..
    Do we really want to start nit picking over spelling errors especially when we understand what the person is say. Also, don't we all have opinions and seems I see opinions posted here that not all agree with all the time.

I myself enjoy reading different opinions. Many times that helps me sort things out so I can form my own opinion. Just saying.
    Jpeetz likes this.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    As a not so wise man once said: "Can't we all just get along?"
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Well, I realy probably should not have posted that post on this thread anyway, not to mention it was somewhat political. I just thought if I showed those who were argueing what they were realy argueing about that maby they could better understand the others point of view. I realy meant no offence by it.

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    If the mall is posted...I haven't seen it yet but it is listed on the "don't buy list", if I enter on the outside doors of say Kohl's, Sears, JCPenney, Boston Store where there is no signage I believe I would be legal correct as long as I don't go in the mall itself? Even though that is part of the Mall?

Just curious and good to know. Thoughts?
    Yes, we do need an answer to this. Also, isn't the mall denying stores [that alowl weapons] that have no outside entrance from potential customers.
    kathie63 likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by david2024 View Post
    I got a question......I now the law says that you cant have a gun within 1000 feet of a school and in or on the property. once u have a permit the law says the 1000 feet rule does not apply. so if you attend a sporting event at school and leave your gun in the car of coarse. Would your car be considered personal property, or would u have to park on the street. Thanks for the feed back!
    Unfortunately the law concerning this issue seems to be grayish.

POSSESSION OF FIREARMS AND OTHER WEAPONS ON SCHOOL PROPERTY
    The new CCW statute repeals or restates portions of prior law regarding possessing a firearm in a school zone. The statute also differentiates between possession of a firearm in or on school grounds and possession within 1,000 feet of school grounds.
    A. Firearms
    Are there restrictions on carrying a firearm on school property?
    Yes. It is a felony for a person to knowingly possess a firearm (concealed or otherwise) on the grounds of a school. Wis. Stat. 948.605(2)(a).
    It is a forfeiture for a person to knowingly possess a firearm (concealed or otherwise) at a place that the person knows or has reasonable cause to believe is within 1,000 feet of the grounds of a school. Wis. Stat. 948.605(2)(a).
    What are the exceptions?
    There are a number of exceptions to the restrictions on possessing a firearm in or on school grounds or within 1,000 feet of school grounds.
    It is lawful to possess a firearm in or on the grounds of a school or within 1,000 feet of the grounds of a school as follows:
     On private property that is not part of school grounds. Wis. Stat. 948.605(2)(b)1m and 18 USC 922(q)(2)(B)(i).
     For use in a program approved by a school in the school zone. Wis. Stat. 948.605(2)(b)1m and 18 USC 922(q)(2)(B)(iv).
     In accordance with a contract entered into between a school in the school zone and the individual or an employer of the individual. Wis. Stat. 948.605(2)(b)1m and 18 USC 922(q)(2)(B)(v).
     By a law enforcement officer acting in his or her official capacity. Wis. Stat. 948.605(2)(b)1m and 18 USC 922(q)(2)(B)(vi).
     The firearm is unloaded and is possessed by an individual while traversing school premises for the purpose of gaining access to public or private lands open to hunting, if the entry on the school premises is authorized by school authorities. Wis. Stat. 948.605(2)(b)1m and 18 USC 922(q)(2)(B)(vii).
    The firearm is not loaded and is encased or in a locked firearms rack that is on a motor vehicle. Wis. Stat. 948.605(2)(b)3a and b.
     By a state-certified commission warden acting in his or her official capacity. Wis. Stat. 948.605(2)(b)2m.
     By a person legally hunting in a school forest if the school board has decided that hunting may be allowed in the school forest. Wis. Stat. 948.605(2)(b)3m.
     A person who is a CCW licensee or out-of-state CCW licensee may possess a firearm within 1,000 feet of the grounds of a school, but not in or on school grounds. Wis. Stat. 948.605(2)(b)1r.
    Can a person with a CCW license or out-of-state CCW license carry a concealed weapon in or on school grounds?
    As noted above, no. The law does not allow a CCW licensee to carry a firearm, concealed or openly displayed, in or on school grounds unless one of the other statutory exceptions listed above exists and then only when in compliance with those exceptions. Wis. Stat. 948.605(2)(b)1r.

[Source: http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...-20111020.pdf]

To find the answer I suggest a written inquiry to the DOJ
    Wisconsin Department of Justice
    P.O. Box 7857
    Madison, WI 53707-7857
    Fax: 608-267-2779
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I think you have been more than patient and have maintained composure considering some folks have already received there permit who filed several weeks after you. It will most likely arrive by courier pigeon tomorrow.
    Would that courier pigeon maybe also have mine with him? Maiked 11/7......check cashed 11/21......so I figure my 45 days will be up on Christmas day. It is very disappointing going to get the mail everyday.

bummer

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    Well, that was a bust, LOL, Guess I had better look into this? even though I mailed it 11/4 others from that date had their checks cashed on 11/17. mine wasnt cashed till 11/21 which actually puts me into the mailed 11/7 group. Any advice? I am ready to go with a certified letter but I realy have no idea when they recieved it and quite frankly they are buisy enough if it is on its way. What do you guys think? Realy not in a terrible rush but would like my permit without the headachs?
    hay so sorry to hear that its not there. my deepest sympathies to you. I agree with WD54241 duck tape is the way to go. or if your like me acu tape much stronger. I certainly hope the mail was just slow and it shows up tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by david2024 View Post
    I would leave my car on the street, I am sure the law reads that you can not have a weapon on school property, the parking lot would be school property

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by THEONLYGHOST View Post
    hay so sorry to hear that its not there. my deepest sympathies to you. I agree with WD54241 duck tape is the way to go. or if your like me acu tape much stronger. I certainly hope the mail was just slow and it shows up tomorrow.
    It'll arrive any day now!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by farmermom View Post
    Would that courier pigeon maybe also have mine with him? Maiked 11/7......check cashed 11/21......so I figure my 45 days will be up on Christmas day. It is very disappointing going to get the mail everyday.
    I'm hoping the DOJ sent multiple pigeons, I hear hawks like to eat pigeons!

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Do we really want to start nit picking over spelling errors especially when we understand what the person is say. Also, don't we all have opinions and seems I see opinions posted here that not all agree with all the time.

I myself enjoy reading different opinions. Many times that helps me sort things out so I can form my own opinion. Just saying.
    I find it difficult at times to "Not" bring politics into the conversation in this room.
    1. We must remember that the current administration has only been in place for a short period of time.
    2. The previous administration had been a long time supporter of ANTI gun rights and had many years to staff all levels of state government with personnel who supported the views of that administration.
    3. Change will come! it's frankly amazing that we have gained so much in such a short period of time.
    So when we mix all the facts and policies "old & new" at some point politics will surface. Please differentiate and refrain from mixing non essential political views ie: my guys better than your guy, collective bargaining etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Yes, we do need an answer to this. Also, isn't the mall denying stores [that alowl weapons] that have no outside entrance from potential customers.
    Yes they are, if I was a store owner I would question and if the mall did not change their policy I would pull out of the mall and find another location or contact my attorney. The mall charges an arm and leg for rent anyway.

WD54241, I have a lot of eagles here that eat the pigeons, I had to cut down a tree that hung over my fishing boat, Every morning, before sun-up I would make the walk to the boat, coffee in hand, to start the morning out rite by fishing. The loons would be singing the fish would be jumping all the sounds and smells of living on the lake would consume me, except one smell that is, and thats the giant pile of eagle poo on my driverside boat seat. So I had to cut down the tree. Do not worry my good neighbor the eagle just moved to the next tree an has sience forgiven me. I really hope I do not have to rely on a bird? I have a pretty dicey relationship with them critters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    WD54241, I have a lot of eagles here that eat the pigeons, I had to cut down a tree that hung over my fishing boat, Every morning, before sun-up I would make the walk to the boat, coffee in hand, to start the morning out rite by fishing. The loons would be singing the fish would be jumping all the sounds and smells of living on the lake would consume me, except one smell that is, and thats the giant pile of eagle poo on my driverside boat seat. So I had to cut down the tree. Do not worry my good neighbor the eagle just moved to the next tree an has sience forgiven me. I really hope I do not have to rely on a bird? I have a pretty dicey relationship with them critters.
    I hope their nest was not in that tree.

Sponsored Links