Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by WD54241 If my math isnt right shout out, you filed Nov 30th, if so your under the 45 day rule. I think ...

Page 113 of 297 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 4444
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    If my math isnt right shout out, you filed Nov 30th, if so your under the 45 day rule. I think either today or prior to Friday your check will be posted. Bad thing is if you call, your going to be told you have to wait the 45 days, send a letter requesting an investigation. I know that hard to swallow.
    Shipped the letter on the 1st. And then I figure at most 2-3 days for them to receive it.

2. Remove Ads

Well, Im going to have to leave you guys here, gota make my phone call and go to the post office and send a certified letter, Day 46 from send date, only good thing about this is I get a chance to talk with you fine people daily. Duct tape is tightly wrapped around my head, I practiced being polite all night long, I called the inlaws (Just wanted to be practiced up incase I have to talk to any idiots, JUST KIDDING). I think I am ready for this?
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FryDay View Post
    Shipped the letter on the 1st. And then I figure at most 2-3 days for them to receive it.
    Well than likely they got it after 12/3 12/4. Your right, 21 day rule. Do you have a copy of the check? I'm not sure how far your going to get with them over the phone. The DOJ wants everything in letter form.

Well than likely they got it after 12/3 12/4. Your right, 21 day rule. Do you have a copy of the check? I'm not sure how far your going to get with them over the phone. The DOJ wants everything in letter form.
    I don't have an exact copy, but I have the carbon copy thing that is under the check when you write it out...

I don't have an exact copy, but I have the carbon copy thing that is under the check when you write it out...
    Make photo copy of that I suppose as long as the check number matches thats fine. Write the letter and send it in requesting that they investigate. On a side note, I'm sure they are starting to get backed up on the investigation letters, Most workers are likely processing applications. Good luck keep us posted.

Make photo copy of that I suppose as long as the check number matches thats fine. Write the letter and send it in requesting that they investigate. On a side note, I'm sure they are starting to get backed up on the investigation letters, Most workers are likely processing applications. Good luck keep us posted.
    I'm debating whether I want to do this or not. It's just one more letter for them to open. My theory is that they finally got their act together and are doing a first in first out system. This helps those in the 45 day frame, but is going to hurt those of us in the 21 day frame.

I'm debating whether I want to do this or not. It's just one more letter for them to open. My theory is that they finally got their act together and are doing a first in first out system. This help those in the 45 day frame, but is going to hurt those of us in the 21 day frame.
    That is very true.

Personally I think the 21 day thing is not going to happen for those in December, especially early December. Plus I think it is hard to question the 21 day rule when it is only the 20th day of the month?

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    Plus I think it is hard to question the 21 day rule when it is only the 20th day of the month?
    My point is, my check hasn't even been cashed yet. Others had their check cashed in a much shorter time frame...

Maybe they heard all the complaining about how long it took after the check was cashed, or the people that complained that it could still be in their account collecting interest not the states? Maybe now they only cash the check when the permit is issued? If you did not know that there are still people that sent in on the first of November that have not received their permits yet then maybe I would get worried. Plus to be honest I did not expect them to cash checks upon opening the letter, but I understand your concerns. Now that you have seen how they handled the first batch it is reasonable to assume they will continue the same way. But A) it is the government so nothing can be assumed B) we know they have made a mess out of this C) at some point they have to put something in place that will actually be a real system.

My point is, my check hasn't even been cashed yet. Others had their check cashed in a much shorter time frame...
    I don't want to add fuel to the fire but I mailed mine on Dec. 1 from N.E. WI, the check cleared the bank on Dec. 9, no permit yet. Just thought you might want this info.

Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    I don't want to add fuel to the fire but I mailed mine on Dec. 1 from N.E. WI, the check cleared the bank on Dec. 9, no permit yet. Just thought you might want this info.
    Now THAT has me worried :-/

I only live an hour from Madison...

Quote Originally Posted by rstanek View Post
    I would leave my car on the street, I am sure the law reads that you can not have a weapon on school property, the parking lot would be school property
    I agree.
    It is lawful to possess a firearm in or on the grounds of a school or within 1,000 feet of the grounds of a school as follows:
    The firearm is not loaded and is encased or in a locked firearms rack that is on a motor vehicle. Wis. Stat. 948.605(2)(b)3a and b
    So on school grounds, including the lot, if the weapon is unloaded and cased in the vehicle or locked up inside the vehicle, it is
    alright. The street/sidewalk is not school property, so then you wouldn't have to unload it, but you can't carry it onto the
    property. My luck I walk to pick up the kids and the teacher decides to get gabby and wants me to come in the school...
    awkward...Umm, I can't I have to do something else...
    I intend to lock it up in my vehicle if by chance I have to go in to the school on a day I pick up the kids, and the teacher needs to see me. That is if I ever get it...
    Hopefully this week, Mailed it 11-13 cleared 11-23

I've been cruising this thread for some time now. Just thought I would add.
    Sent: Nov 4
    Check cashed: Nov 18
    Permit received: NOPE

You should call, if others that sent theirs the same time had theirs cashed substantually eirlier than yours, That said mine was cashed about 4 days after the others that sent the same day as me. They all have theirs, im still waiting, day 46. You have a rite to check into it, worst they can give you is the run around so send the letter too. Id say you should get the ball rolling here, chances are everything is going exactly as planned at the DOJ. How long should a guy wait to find out? My advice is less than 46 days for sure! lol. The DOJ is bogged bad so be polite but definatly check. Thats what I would do. That said, do you realy want the advice of how to get your permit eirlier from a guy so good at it he is on day 46 without it? lol

Links