Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 114

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Southpaw226 I've been cruising this thread for some time now. Just thought I would add. Sent: Nov 4 Check cashed: Nov 18 ...

Page 114 of 297 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 4449
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw226 View Post
    I've been cruising this thread for some time now. Just thought I would add.
    Sent: Nov 4
    Check cashed: Nov 18
    Permit received: NOPE
    No offence but thats great, I thought I was all alone! Guess we have a chance, I dont know about you but im going for being the 1 millionth customer, maby ill win something?

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    No offence but thats great, I thought I was all alone! Guess we have a chance, I dont know about you but im going for being the 1 millionth customer, maby ill win something?
    I would send a formal letter requesting a status of my application. Make sure you include a copy of your check! I'd spend the extra money send it certified! There is no excuse for your delay when later applicants have already received theirs.

Done deal, my wife if in town now doing the certified mail thing. Even if I get it in the mean time at least the ball is rolling. And now, I think people should do it a bit eirlier than I did. Im realy in no rush where I live. Not much crime. Id guess half the lake homes or better clear out for the winter, and if desperation calls for it I have open carry, sombody would have to be completly nuts to atempt a home invasion or the like up here anyway. Most homes, including mine, carry an arsonal larger than some small countrys. If the anti gun loby ever gets their way and decide to go home to home collecting guns, I suggest against taking the door to door colection job in northern Wisconsin.

Done deal, my wife if in town now doing the certified mail thing. Even if I get it in the mean time at least the ball is rolling. And now, I think people should do it a bit eirlier than I did. Im realy in no rush where I live. Not much crime. Id guess half the lake homes or better clear out for the winter, and if desperation calls for it I have open carry, sombody would have to be completly nuts to atempt a home invasion or the like up here anyway. Most homes, including mine, carry an arsonal larger than some small countrys. If the anti gun loby ever gets their way and decide to go home to home collecting guns, I suggest against taking the door to door colection job in northern Wisconsin.
    Did your mail arrive yet?

No 2:30 if the roads are good 3:00 if they are bad or mail is running behind.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Question: Is there anybody here that really believes that the DOJ group that can't even keep applications in order will have a chance in heck of finding a particular application and take any appropriate action based on a letter advising them that your over the 45 day limit? Also, as I'm sure you already noticed the DOJ did a marvelous job of assigning penalties for all sorts of CC errors on our part but not any penalties were mentioned for their failure to meet their legal time line requirement. At the VERY least you should get both your CC Lic and a $50 refund as well.
    WD54241 and Jpeetz like this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

I wonder how long they have to respond to a certified letter? 90 days? lol, Just joking, I believe the DOJ that it should be in the mail, It could be just as likly be the US mail. Yesterday I had 1 Christmas card in my box and it was my neighbors. So I walked it over to the neighbors and when she answered the door she handed me 3 of my christmas cards. I stopped short of asking her if she was not a supporter of concealed carry by chance? Maby I need to go door to door asking for my mail? This does not usualy happen but it is food for thought. (FYI, my neighbors would never truly keep my mail.) LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Question: Is there anybody here that really believes that the DOJ group that can't even keep applications in order will have a chance in heck of finding a particular application and take any appropriate action based on a letter advising them that your over the 45 day limit? Also, as I'm sure you already noticed the DOJ did a marvelous job of assigning penalties for all sorts of CC errors on our part but not any penalties were mentioned for their failure to meet their legal time line requirement. At the VERY least you should get both your CC Lic and a $50 refund as well.
    Ive got to tell you, your posts are alwase rite on! And now that your working toward getting me $50 im likeing you even more!
    Great point!

Laws are writtin in stone for the voters and nothing more than guidlines for those whom we put in office.

Frankly, I am just happy that they cashed my check, kinda hard to say that they recieved it after the cash date. Sometimes the best means of controll are to baffel the public with stupidity. Its working? The DOJ has me on my heels.... baffeled....LOL
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Unhappy wrs867

I'm with you Jpeetz mailed nov. 7th
    check cashed 18 nov
    pemit recieved-not yet

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Ive got to tell you, your posts are alwase rite on! And now that your working toward getting me $50 im likeing you even more!
    Great point!
    I'm an old guy that happens to lean pretty far right politically. But, without regard to that I do understand that people have weaknesses and do make mistakes. That said tho when I PERSONALLY am paying a person(s) that are hired to serve me more than I make myself in pay and benefits I do expect more professionalism than we seem to be getting. This is not limited to the DOJ or the State Of Wisconsin. It includes all three legs of our Federal government as well. It consists of 435 on the house, 100 in the senate, 1 in the presidency, and 9 in the supreme court. 545 in total in a country of 307,000,000. Can we not find 545 people out of that total than can walk and chew gum at the same time. I don't ask they all agree with me but darn they should be able to think of the job, the people and the country BEFORE they think of getting on to how to get reelected.

BTW thanks for the compliment.
    Jpeetz, WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Great point!
    Whats the big deal about $50 dollals? They can afford that! If not the fed should step in, comon, you cant tell me that the fed couldnt borrow another $50 fome social security? You are rite. Their should be a penility. But I realy dont see $50 dollars in my future from the DOJ unless I am paying it. Ive got a better chance at a sleigh ride with santa. But I still do like your style and it will be brought up if I dont get some sort of results in my immediat future here. I may sound passive but that is not the case. Just jumping through the hoops in the order that I need to. Again, you are alwayse rite on!

I hear you on the mail thing. This time of year the chances of getting the right stuff to the right house seems to go through the floor. I have had Fed Ex and UPS deliver my stuff to different houses at least twice each in the last three weeks. Usually the USPS is better but even they have done it.

By the way, Look inside of any catalogs and other junk mail like tri-fold mailers from local businesses. I found my tax bill inside one junk mail piece I was about to throw away.

I'm an old guy that happens to lean pretty far right politically. But, without regard to that I do understand that people have weaknesses and do make mistakes. That said tho when I PERSONALLY am paying a person(s) that are hired to serve me more than I make myself in pay and benefits I do expect more professionalism than we seem to be getting. This is not limited to the DOJ or the State Of Wisconsin. It includes all three legs of our Federal government as well. It consists of 435 on the house, 100 in the senate, 1 in the presidency, and 9 in the supreme court. 545 in total in a country of 307,000,000. Can we not find 545 people out of that total than can walk and chew gum at the same time. I don't ask they all agree with me but darn they should be able to think of the job, the people and the country BEFORE they think of getting on to how to get reelected.

BTW thanks for the compliment.
    FYI, If your trying to get me fired up I am, and I agree 100% Hard to believe America is still asleap isnt it? We are called the radical rite, for everyon elts its napy time. But hey, nothing a little MTV and Dr. Phill cant fix rite???
    Maverickx50 likes this.

Links