Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 115

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Maverickx50 Question: Is there anybody here that really believes that the DOJ group that can't even keep applications in order will have ...

Page 115 of 297 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 4448
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Question: Is there anybody here that really believes that the DOJ group that can't even keep applications in order will have a chance in heck of finding a particular application and take any appropriate action based on a letter advising them that your over the 45 day limit? Also, as I'm sure you already noticed the DOJ did a marvelous job of assigning penalties for all sorts of CC errors on our part but not any penalties were mentioned for their failure to meet their legal time line requirement. At the VERY least you should get both your CC Lic and a $50 refund as well.
    Well stated! I'd like to add I have read the press releases as well as the interviews with key people at the DOJ. I can sympathize there predicament, They have to be getting crushed with applications, deadlines, phone calls, etc. I have read that they were unprepared, under staffed, and under financed at the start. But if memory serves correct I've yet to hear of any mistakes made or admitted to on the part of the DOJ.
    Jpeetz likes this.

Oh yah, and not even the lobyists can'T save us now,, LOL Looks like ill be getting a bit of haitmail again! Thanks!

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    FYI, If your trying to get me fired up I am, and I agree 100% Hard to believe America is still asleap isnt it? We are called the radical rite, for everyon elts its napy time. But hey, nothing a little MTV and Dr. Phill cant fix rite???
    Right, Left, or Middle. No doubt we ALL deserve better. I'm sorry to say I'm more than a little concerned over the new group or prospective leaders being offered as well.
    Jpeetz, kathie63 and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    I hear you on the mail thing. This time of year the chances of getting the right stuff to the right house seems to go through the floor. I have had Fed Ex and UPS deliver my stuff to different houses at least twice each in the last three weeks. Usually the USPS is better but even they have done it.

By the way, Look inside of any catalogs and other junk mail like tri-fold mailers from local businesses. I found my tax bill inside one junk mail piece I was about to throw away.
    Probably shoulda tossed it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Right, Left, or Middle. No doubt we ALL deserve better. I'm sorry to say I'm more than a little concerned over the new group or prospective leaders being offered as well.
    I agree, but Im not biteing on sticking my neck out that far on this forum. lol. I have alwase been conservitave but this time Im going with the guy who the Republicans hate, The Demicrats hate, And the libertarians can barly stand, and I can almost stomach. Im pretty sure you are fully aware of my guy.
    Last edited by SIXTO; December 20th, 2011 at 11:16 PM.

After I opened it I almost tossed my cookies.

Agreed with everything being said. I've heard the excuses from the DOJ and read the press releases and statements. Unprepared, understaffed, initial underfunding, under equipped, extreme amounts of mail etc.
    Am I mistaken I have yet to hear from the DOJ that mistakes have been made which appears to be the case in some cases. Not in the processing of the applications but the handling of applications???

The government does not make "mistakes" they just "peruse erroneous activities" or "reinterpret the guidelines".

Coming fro Jerzee I thought the most screwed up state run office was the DMV. Average wait time 1 1/2 hr to 2hr. That was until now.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Agreed with everything being said. I've heard the excuses from the DOJ and read the press releases and statements. Unprepared, understaffed, initial underfunding, under equipped, extreme amounts of mail etc.
    Am I mistaken I have yet to hear from the DOJ that mistakes have been made which appears to be the case in some cases. Not in the processing of the applications but the handling of applications???
    Unprepared? If one of us was running the show our FIRST hire would have been a 17 year old HS dropout with an IQ of 80 at $7.25/hour. With 20 min of training, a self inking date stamp, and a few dozen clear plastic $7.50 tubs from Target the applications would have been kept in order. If the DOJ couldn't muster even that little bit of common sense then I have to ask how did they ever get their jobs to start with?
    WD54241 and Jpeetz like this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    I agree, but Im not biteing on sticking my neck out that far on this forum. lol. I have alwase been conservitave but this time Im going with the guy who the Republicans hate, The Demicrats hate, And the libertarians can barly stand, and I can almost stomach. Im pretty sure you are fully aware of my guy.
    I guess your feeling like that movie beatle juice, when they are in the waiting room with a number of 6000000 and there on 12!
    Maverickx50, Jpeetz and kathie63 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Coming fro Jerzee I thought the most screwed up state run office was the DMV. Average wait time 1 1/2 hr to 2hr. That was until now.
    UM.. YA.. Cant say I remember sitting in the hard chairs at the DMV ticket in hand with a 46 day wait. Mail will be here within the next half hour, maby my number will be called? Everyone owns a gun in wisconsin, everyone hunts, hard to believe they couldnt see this comming? I realy hope my day is today.

I don't believe anyone posted they got there permit today?

Maybe you need to take your lawn chair down to the mail box and tell the mail person you are on a hunger strike and not going in until the permit gets there, or you get cold and hungry, whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    Maybe you need to take your lawn chair down to the mail box and tell the mail person you are on a hunger strike and not going in until the permit gets there, or you get cold and hungry, whichever comes first.
    Too dangerious to sit out their! The DOJ left me with no means to defend myself if an undesirable drove by, AND THIS IS THE STATMENT THAT SHOULD WORRY THE DOJ IF THEY ARE NOT FOLLOWING THE ORDER!!!

Well interesting, I just received a call from Senator Holperins office in regards to the letter I sent last week. This spokesperson said the Senator had contacted the DOJ and they both agree that the 45 day grace period should be met. If you are in Holperins district and do not receive your permit within the allotted 45 day period the Senator wants to know. So there you have it!

I was happy to hear from the Senators office and appreciated the followup.
    Jpeetz and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Links