Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 119

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; sorry A bit off subject but good to know, my very close friend was arrested last night for defending herself. she was getting into her ...

Page 119 of 297 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 4453
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

need to unload a box or 2 at range!!!

sorry A bit off subject but good to know, my very close friend was arrested last night for defending herself. she was getting into her car when a female approached her and tired to attack my friend, so my friend pushed her and she fell down thus my friend drove off. apparently the other female got a concussion when she fell down and so my friend was arrested. When the cops came I was with her at her place even knew the cop (not from bad circumstances) and when I asked him about the self defense laws he told me that essentially if she would have had a gun and shot she would be in less trouble because the laws are geared toward guns and weapons not yourself wt she is still siting today and has no crimal background, I tried to get the jail to give her my number as she does not have it in memory and they wont help me im assuming shes scared to death, sorry to go off subject but I am very upset shes my best friend of a long time and I am soo stressed out today I do not own land that I can shoot on and I dont feel like driving to Yellowstone lake state park or paying an arm and a leg to shoot for one hour might have to the stress is killing me . any recommendations. pm me

sorry had to vent. this is the first day since I got my permit that I decided to lock up my gun at home and go to the bar and have a drink. no ccw for me today

Application Processing Time

First Post - Sent in application November 4th. DOJ cashed check 11-17. Permit mailed 12-16. Received pemit 12-19. #27,2XX
    Long wait but worth it.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite1 View Post
    First Post - Sent in application November 4th. DOJ cashed check 11-17. Permit mailed 12-16. Received pemit 12-19. #27,2XX
    Long wait but worth it.
    Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by THEONLYGHOST View Post
    sorry A bit off subject but good to know, my very close friend was arrested last night for defending herself. she was getting into her car when a female approached her and tired to attack my friend, so my friend pushed her and she fell down thus my friend drove off. apparently the other female got a concussion when she fell down and so my friend was arrested. When the cops came I was with her at her place even knew the cop (not from bad circumstances) and when I asked him about the self defense laws he told me that essentially if she would have had a gun and shot she would be in less trouble because the laws are geared toward guns and weapons not yourself wt she is still siting today and has no crimal background, I tried to get the jail to give her my number as she does not have it in memory and they wont help me im assuming shes scared to death, sorry to go off subject but I am very upset shes my best friend of a long time and I am soo stressed out today I do not own land that I can shoot on and I dont feel like driving to Yellowstone lake state park or paying an arm and a leg to shoot for one hour might have to the stress is killing me . any recommendations. pm me
    The laws today are not geared or even remotely try to protect the innocent! Your friend was scared defended herself and fled rather than to escalate the situation. To bad she didn't go down the street and call the cops! I think since she failed to do that she left the door open for the other lady to fabricate! Where was this altercation? near a bank or some place with cameras? if so the tape would prove it was self defense.

Also if she has not already done so file an assult charge against the lady.

I wish she was unfortunitly was in a parking lot by a bar, I wish she would of called them to. She has never been in that position before so she got super scared and just kinda freaked out for a bit I finally just found out last night when the cops came to get her side of the story then after all was said and done they took her away. thank you for the comment.

Was your friend some place where this lady provoked her in front of witnesses? if the lady followed your friend outside a few voluntary statements would assist her a great deal.

I can tell you 100% in Wisconsin if you defend your self no madder how much you prove you were attack you can still be charged with disorderly conduct. And it is not uncommon to see it happen. 1992 I was jumped coming out of a Kwik Trip by two bangers, they lost I was changed and spent 3 years in court defending myself against a nut case asst district attorney. The judge threw it out twice and she would refile the charges. It cost me a lot of money to deal with it . And there is nothing you can do.

I am not entirely sure however I do know the the area where it happened and a lot of the people in that area I will have to ask around. Also I will pas the word on to her when she does get out to file an assult charge. I don't believe that she has done so. I figured if I posted on here people would have good advice, especially you wd54241 iv come to like your witty and smart comets since Nov 1st. I really do apreciate the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    I can tell you 100% in Wisconsin if you defend your self no madder how much you prove you were attack you can still be charged with disorderly conduct. And it is not uncommon to see it happen. 1992 I was jumped coming out of a Kwik Trip by two bangers, they lost I was changed and spent 3 years in court defending myself against a nut case asst district attorney. The judge threw it out twice and she would refile the charges. It cost me a lot of money to deal with it . And there is nothing you can do.
    Its so hard because I just want to do everything I can to help her but alas there is only a few things I can do. they really need to revise some things sometimes.

If I could I don't want to put this forum way off topic if anyone has any other advice It is very appreciated please feel free to msg me I can give u my email. I thank you everyone for any input.

Aslo to everyone still waiting for there permit best of luck and to those who have it congrats.

I'm thinking they probably started stacking the checks in order to speed up the process. They'll probably cash a bunch of them at once.

Sent from my Android phone.

LC9
    Quote Originally Posted by pps View Post
    your right this does not belong here at all, and next time please spell check..

And keep your opinions to yourself, not all agree with you that's for sure..
    No offense dude, but when you pick apart someone's grammar, be sure to use the proper form of 'you're'.
    bassethound likes this.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    If I could I don't want to put this forum way off topic if anyone has any other advice It is very appreciated please feel free to msg me I can give u my email. I thank you everyone for any input.

Aslo to everyone still waiting for there permit best of luck and to those who have it congrats.
    This is important. Especially for most of you new to CC and it should be adheared to in any self defence situation Gun, knife, fist fight, or other.

Watch this video then Google other videos by Massad Ayoob

After a Real Shooting - Guns & Ammo

It doesn't solve your friends problem but this is a good time to learn.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Sponsored Links