Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 12

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I understand you guys being anxious about getting your permits, but from what I have seen Wisconsin seems to be handling the rush quite well. ...

Page 12 of 297 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

I understand you guys being anxious about getting your permits, but from what I have seen Wisconsin seems to be handling the rush quite well. I didn't apply for my Michigan permit until a couple oy years after Michigan became a Shall Issue state and it still took a month to get mine. If they are getting through over 10,000 permits in less than a month, figuring they probably spent a lot of time in training and working out bugs the first week or two, I think they are doing pretty good.

Someone posted that they are telling people that it usually takes 7-10 days after check clears, but that the forums are indicating that it is usually more like 3-4 days. Sure the reasonthey tell you it's 7-10 is so that if it takes 4 your happy, instead of telling you its 3 and it on the third day you call them back all ticked off because your don't have it yet, then get it the next day.

Hang in there. Good luck and be safe!

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    I understand you guys being anxious about getting your permits, but from what I have seen Wisconsin seems to be handling the rush quite well. I didn't apply for my Michigan permit until a couple oy years after Michigan became a Shall Issue state and it still took a month to get mine. If they are getting through over 10,000 permits in less than a month, figuring they probably spent a lot of time in training and working out bugs the first week or two, I think they are doing pretty good.

Someone posted that they are telling people that it usually takes 7-10 days after check clears, but that the forums are indicating that it is usually more like 3-4 days. Sure the reasonthey tell you it's 7-10 is so that if it takes 4 your happy, instead of telling you its 3 and it on the third day you call them back all ticked off because your don't have it yet, then get it the next day.

I do agree, but what i think the issue is, is that people who sent there application on, for example Nov.1, and their check cashed on the 14, still don have their permit. However, someone who sent it in on the 3rd and check cashed on the 15, already have their permit.... thats what i think the problem is. Are they not doing the first come first serve? Or how is that possible?

Personally, my issue is i am on day 8 and nothing yet check was cashed, and the average is 3 days and im on 8... its making me wonder if my permit and something happened to it, then id have to pay to get a new one, or (yes i know sounds paranoid, but its an example) someone else could be running around with my permit, and id be out $50... but im just biding my time, for all i know it could be there tonight.....
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post

Exactly! They seem to be doing an excellent job getting through the permits. Besides, you've waited how long to be able to concealed carry? What's another couple days :P
    I work for a company that offers firearms training in Florida, Colorado, Iowa, Wisconsin and soon to be Minnesota. Please visit our website below or check us out on http://facebook.com/equip2conceal

www.equip2conceal.com

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aduc View Post
    Exactly! They seem to be doing an excellent job getting through the permits. Besides, you've waited how long to be able to concealed carry? What's another couple days :P
    Hmmmmm And I'm betting you accepted that statement from your parents as a child just a week before Christmas too? ......NOT
    Aduc and vista461 like this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    Did the DOJ cash your check? Even though they denied it?

I am a little worried if I will get mine I forgot to add a name that I used 26 yrs ago, I only used it for a few months then I got married...I have never been denied the sale of a gun and I have purchased 4 within the last 10 years...I just bought a sig P238 and they denied until I told them the other name on my DMV records...I had to get a printout of my DMV record because I forgot about that name! Then they gave me the approval for the purchase.

They did cash my check but still no guarantee I will receive the permit.
    If they reject my app for the missed name I will appeal and take the letter to the office instead of mailing it back...anyone know where I need to drop the letter off if needed?

I also found out from the DOJ that I will not have to pay another $50.00 because it would be an appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Personally, my issue is i am on day 8 and nothing yet check was cashed, and the average is 3 days and im on 8... its making me wonder if my permit and something happened to it, then id have to pay to get a new one, or (yes i know sounds paranoid, but its an example) someone else could be running around with my permit, and id be out $50... but im just biding my time, for all i know it could be there tonight.....
    I feel the same way... Although again today... No permit in my mailbox.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    I feel the same way... Although again today... No permit in my mailbox.
    Damn this is what i get for living in liberal-ville lol..... give state money = taken no question asked
    Ask state about something = no answer for question..... something dont seem right?
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Apparently my permit arrived on the 18th with the check clearing the 14th. I'm permit #80XX

Too bad it didn't arrive before I left for deer hunting. Oh well, I didn't get pulled over by my house, and my firearms made it onto my property once again despite the stupid 1,000 foot GFSZ law.

A law that I don't need to worry about now.

Hi all. New here. Here's where we're at. Wife and I sent our apps out on the 2nd from Duluth, MN in separate envelopes. My check cleared my bank on the 16th. Not sure about the wife's check. That is all. Just got the mail again today and nada. Can't be too much longer......you'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Hi all. New here. Here's where we're at. Wife and I sent our apps out on the 2nd from Duluth, MN in separate envelopes. My check cleared my bank on the 16th. Not sure about the wife's check. That is all. Just got the mail again today and nada. Can't be too much longer......you'd think.
    Hi and welcome... youd be surprised dont get me wrong wi doj is busting butt, but normal turn around that has been reported here and on other forums, between check cashed and permit in hand is 3 days... there are special case, like me, day 8 and counting.... just fyi

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Hmmmmm And I'm betting you accepted that statement from your parents as a child just a week before Christmas too? ......NOT

Haha, alright. Good point!
    I work for a company that offers firearms training in Florida, Colorado, Iowa, Wisconsin and soon to be Minnesota. Please visit our website below or check us out on http://facebook.com/equip2conceal

www.equip2conceal.com

More sadness at the mailbox. :( no permit today.

The Christmas analogy is perfect, I've been saying it to my wife. LOL

Well thats just how its turning out to be isnt it? Lol

Mailed my application Nov 7th, check cleared Nov 21st. No permit yet ...

applied late

Quote Originally Posted by presa_dad View Post
    Mailed my application Nov 7th, check cleared Nov 21st. No permit yet ...
    Me 2 I took hunters safety but lost my certificate and I tried to get another copy but was unable to do so. So I had to take the class and thus had to send in my application on the 7th as well. however still no word for me I'm envious. I have hope thou if there getting to yours already.

Sponsored Links