Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Question is it 45 day's from the check cash day or the day you think the DOJ recived your app??...

Page 120 of 297 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 4441
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

jcb
    Question is it 45 day's from the check cash day or the day you think the DOJ recived your app??

2. Remove Ads

45 from when they RECIEVED it.

Sent from my Android phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    This is important. Especially for most of you new to CC and it should be adheared to in any self defence situation Gun, knife, fist fight, or other.

Watch this video then Google other videos by Massad Ayoob

After a Real Shooting - Guns & Ammo

It doesn't solve your friends problem but this is a good time to learn.
    Thank you, honestly I am always glad when people post these things because the laws are all sorts of crazy these days, also I for one am always for learing as much as I can especially in situations where guns are involved. best case of all I never have to use any of my training or my gun (other than range time at a safe range) but no matter what the more training I have the better.

The Supreme Court ruled in District of Columbia v. Heller (2008) that "the inherent right of self-defense has been central to the Second Amendment right," and that the Second Amendment protects a pre-existing individual right to keep and bear arms, without regard to a person`s relationship to a militia, including "the individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation." The Court previously recognized that the Second Amendment protects an individual right in U.S. v. Cruikshank (1876), Presser v. Illinois (1886), U.S. v. Miller (1939) and U.S. v. Verdugo-Urquidez (1990).

The Preamble declares that the Constitution is ordained and established by "the People of the United States." The Second Amendment protects "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms," and the Ninth and Tenth Amendments provide that certain rights and powers are retained by and reserved to "the people."
    U.S. v. Verdugo-Urquidez (1990).

Entire Verdugo-Urquidez ruling (1990)
    UNITED STATES V. VERDUGO-URQUIDEZ, 494 U. S. 259 :: Volume 494 :: 1990 :: Full Text :: US Supreme Court Cases from Justia & Oyez
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by FryDay View Post
    THIS is going to piss a few people off...
    Sent: December 1st
    Check cashed: it hasn't been.
    ISSUED: 12/15/11
    RECIEVED: 12/20

Anyone else confused? I'm not complaining though!

Sent from my Android phone.
    Hey good for you. It was looking very bleak and BOOM, there it is :-)
    WD54241 likes this.

Some good articles pertaining to CCW
    Articles On CCW
    bassethound likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Good morning and may those of you that are nearing the 45 day time line find it in the box today.
    And everyone remember it has been a 20 plus year fight to regain our rights we can lose it so fast you never see it coming .
    Bills in the works now to so limit CC you have to leave it at home and also to repeal it .
    Remember how long a fight this has been as you wait for it. Those that have theirs now protect it.
    Ramjet, WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    Question is it 45 day's from the check cash day or the day you think the DOJ recived your app??
    It is 45 day's from when DOJ received your application. The USPS states a letter mailed in W.I. take 2 to 3 days Max to reach it's destination. "Take that with a grain of salt". I submitted my application 11/04 I assumed it arrived at the DOJ on the 11/07. Unless you sent it Certified, you have no way to confirm actual date of delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by THEONLYGHOST View Post
    Thank you, honestly I am always glad when people post these things because the laws are all sorts of crazy these days, also I for one am always for learing as much as I can especially in situations where guns are involved. best case of all I never have to use any of my training or my gun (other than range time at a safe range) but no matter what the more training I have the better.
    Excellent Information. Thank you.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Smitty a great point remember that when you go to the polls. The mis-information and liberals in Madison are vowing to repeal this law yup many but not well are Democrats. That is a fact. The recall is an effort to put them back in power if they regain that power they will repeal the CCW law.

I recall Doyle that's why I won't recall Walker!
    WD54241 likes this.

I really hope Jpeetz gets his permit today. I know the state is within there boundaries but to see people nearly a month after he applied getting theres is just wrong. Now people are starting to receive permits and the checks have not even been deposited. We all acknowledge that the state is trying there best however the initial month was poorly executed. Any small business starting as they did would be out of business.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Good morning and may those of you that are nearing the 45 day time line find it in the box today.
    And everyone remember it has been a 20 plus year fight to regain our rights we can lose it so fast you never see it coming .
    Bills in the works now to so limit CC you have to leave it at home and also to repeal it .
    Remember how long a fight this has been as you wait for it. Those that have theirs now protect it.
    You can guarantee that the major cities such as Madison, Milwaukee, Green Bay anywhere there is a high concentration of people we will say of the left leaning persuasion are already planning an attempt to repeal our rights. We must stay updated on what they are doing in order to prepare.

Well today was my day.

Mailed: Dec. 1
    Check Cleared: Dec. 9
    License issued: Dec. 19
    Received: Dec. 21
    Permit number: 297XX

I hope those whose applied in early Nov. get their soon!!! I can't image the frustration level.

Merry Christmas!
    MrMeanor and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    Well today was my day.

Mailed: Dec. 1
    Check Cleared: Dec. 9
    License issued: Dec. 19
    Received: Dec. 21

I hope those whose applied in early Nov. get their soon!!! I can't image the frustration level.

Merry Christmas!
    Congrats!!!! Be safe, Merry Christmas
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

I think something as big as CC would be VERY hard to repeal. Do you really want to upset a bunch of citizens with guns? :P
    kathie63 likes this.

Links