Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 122

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by FryDay I think something as big as CC would be VERY hard to repeal. Do you really want to upset a bunch ...

Page 122 of 297 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 4445
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by FryDay View Post
    I think something as big as CC would be VERY hard to repeal. Do you really want to upset a bunch of citizens with guns? :P
    I thought FOR SURE when Walker got in he would repeal the smoking ban. Thank god he did not!

So hopefully if a Dem gets in they won't repeal the CCW but it would be stupid to do that!

I like the feel in the waist band, small of my back, 6 oclock, (left handed of course because I am rite handed), feels best for me and I have been working on this new system as well for quite some time now with one Glock or the other... just another exampl of hunting habits versus CC... Im used to drawind rite at 3 oclock outside the waisband hunting holsters. I realy wish Inside the waist band at 3 oclock didnt hurt like heck, and my casual dress atire will not allow a high rideing outside the waist band holsters, nope, just one of them things im going to have to get used too with a tone of repitition. It feels good, and conceals good, I just need more repitition even tho I have been at it now for some time, and I realy dont think you can ever realy get to much repitition when it coms to CC.

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    I thought FOR SURE when Walker got in he would repeal the smoking ban. Thank god he did not!

So hopefully if a Dem gets in they won't repeal the CCW but it would be stupid to do that!
    That one lawmaker wants to ban ccw from gas stations! Everyone already knows they get robbed the most! The P.C. and anti gun groups will certainly try something.
    rokrok likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post

I am an active Union member and so are many member's of my family. I have been part of meetings where this has been discussed.
    1. avoid talking about it
    2. if force to respond to CC " we take no stand on it" "It is the law passed by the voters"
    3. We will work slowly to make reasonable changes to the CC law. " we need to fix a flawed bill"
    a. increased training requirement
    b. Restriction on where CC is allowed
    c. Changing posting requirement. Business would be required to Post if they allow it, if not posted to allow CC it is not allowed.
    d. Make any infraction a felony.
    e. add a state tax of 50% on all hand guns. To cover the state cost for having a CC law.
    These are just some of what has been floated as a path to repealing it at these meeting.
    They are already looking at the number of permits and do not seem concerned the number is large enough to worry them.
    The first bill to prevent carry at gas station was just a test for reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    Couple pieces of advice.

Cycle any auto at least 250 rounds no less before carrying for defensive purposes. Then disassemble the gun clean it like you are going to eat off of it and use a good synthetic gun oil sparingly in the suggested places and then. Hand cycle it aboutm50 times to spread the lube. This is life man take the time to domitmright and pay attention to detail.

Revolvers. Very excellent snubby that is nice to carry is the Chiappa Arms Rhino 357 mag stoaked with 125 grain Gold Dot HP. This gun is very concealable and is so fast for followup shots you will not beleive it. Back on target faster than any gun I own including some real nice Kahr Arms and Glocks. Put +P+ in it even more controllable. Nothing more reliable than a revolver.

Cross Breed holsters the most comfortable that I have found both the mini or snap slide for OWB and super tuk delux for IWB
    Do you know of any snub nose that when you pull the trigger the hammer cycles real smooth? I am proficient with auto's and revolvers, but for accuracy, because of shot distance in hunting generally requires a cock and shoot for me. If you know of a snubnose with a real good action it would make a good backup. Cycling a hammer with the trigger devistates accuracy... Well theire I go again...Ive gota remember im not hunting... I wont need to defend myself from across an entire parking lot... LOL,... nevermind, brainfart, That could get a little dificut to explain! LOL, (maby Ill go with the taurus judge, LOL, point and shoot.) Though ill never get one I bet the Taurus Judge would be one heck of a car glove compartment gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    I am an active Union member and so are many member's of my family. I have been part of meetings where this has been discussed.
    2. if force to respond to CC " we take no stand on it" "It is the law passed by the voters"
    3. We will work slowly to make reasonable changes to the CC law. " we need to fix a flawed bill"
    c. Changing posting requirement. Business would be required to Post if they allow it, if not posted to allow CC it is not allowed.
    e. add a state tax of 50% on all hand guns. To cover the state cost for having a CC law.
    These are just some of what has been floated as a path to repealing it at these meeting.
    They are already looking at the number of permits and do not seem concerned the number is large enough to worry them.
    Can I ask which union? You do not need to answer if privacy does not permit. This is a subject that interasts me greatly.

Law states that they have to respond within 90 days. They use all of it.

I don't know what the reasoning is for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    Do you know of any snub nose that when you pull the trigger the hammer cycles real smooth? I am proficient with auto's and revolvers, but for accuracy, because of shot distance in hunting generally requires a cock and shoot for me. If you know of a snubnose with a real good action it would make a good backup. Cycling a hammer with the trigger devistates accuracy... Well theire I go again...Ive gota remember im not hunting... I wont need to defend myself from across an entire parking lot... LOL,... nevermind, brainfart, That could get a little dificut to explain! LOL, (maby Ill go with the taurus judge, LOL, point and shoot.) Though ill never get one I bet the Taurus Judge would be one heck of a car glove compartment gun?
    You're smaller weapons LCP 380 for example have a long trigger pull reason being some do not even have a safety not needed and others that do it not used.
    If you shoot them you will get use to it . Small weapons of this type are hard to get a good fast sight picture with because it is up close you practice muscle memory acquire center mass and shoot .
    These type of weapon can be helped a lot by good laser sites. Take a look at this type low cost, for a laser easy to install and use and you will almost not even know you have it. laserlyte.
    They make a great one for small 380's and many 9mm. If you go that route set laser just a touch high so your not head bobbing to find your dot.
    Acquiring a target is much faster with one once you work with it.
    Anything else we can do to kill time on a rainy day

Are you aware the Judge will also shoot the 45 Colt long not to be confused with the 45 ACP to CC that thing you would need to be 7 feet tall and 400 lbs.
    They are fun to shot short range trap with.

You're smaller weapons LCP 380 for example have a long trigger pull reason being some do not even have a safety not needed and others that do it not used.
    If you shoot them you will get use to it . Small weapons of this type are hard to get a good fast sight picture with because it is up close you practice muscle memory acquire center mass and shoot .
    These type of weapon can be helped a lot by good laser sites. Take a look at this type low cost, for a laser easy to install and use and you will almost not even know you have it. laserlyte.
    They make a great one for small 380's and many 9mm. If you go that route set laser just a touch high so your not head bobbing to find your dot.
    Acquiring a target is much faster with one once you work with it.
    Anything else we can do to kill time on a rainy day

Are you aware the Judge will also shoot the 45 Colt long not to be confused with the 45 ACP to CC that thing you would need to be 7 feet tall and 400 lbs.
    They are fun to shot short range trap with.
    Its a short barrel shotgun basicly as well! lol, Dont forget it shoots .410 shotgun rounds as well and there has been a lot of innovation in .410 rounds for home defense as well!!! lol, Good for crowd controll. LOL, too impractical too cary, but home defense? car glove box? it is a real horse ill give you that. lol

Yup! much like dipping the toe in the pool! make no mistake a firestorm is brewing and yes TSWHTF! Stay informed read as much as possible! The old saying keep your friends close but keep your adversary closer.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

I hope those looking for their first hand guns for CC give this some though.
    Rounds like a 357 125 Gr rounds can go through one person and take another out they can and do pass through dry wall in many cases with enough force to kill.
    I have take two deer with it.
    I have a 357 for home use and have tested it . For that reason I shoot 38's in it. The heavy frame 357 with 38+P rounds shoots smooth and is less likely to go threw the wall and kill the dog.
    Pray you never need your CC weapon, but if you ever do it will be up close you will see the whites of their eyes you don't need a cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by FryDay View Post
    I think something as big as CC would be VERY hard to repeal. Do you really want to upset a bunch of citizens with guns? :P
    They will slowly chip away at the law. They will try to amend the law add a ton of provisions. Just like the very best laws start out with the best intentions you mix the politics of the day and your left with Nothing that even resembles what the true meaning of the law was originally meant to be.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! I am the Great, all knowing OZ.

I hope those looking for their first hand guns for CC give this some though.
    Rounds like a 357 125 Gr rounds can go through one person and take another out they can and do pass through dry wall in many cases with enough force to kill.
    I have take two deer with it.
    I have a 357 for home use and have tested it . For that reason I shoot 38's in it. The heavy frame 357 with 38+P rounds shoots smooth and is less likely to go threw the wall and kill the dog.
    Pray you never need your CC weapon, but if you ever do it will be up close you will see the whites of their eyes you don't need a cannon.

Hoping today is my day. check cashed 11-23.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Links