Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 123

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by alandh Hoping today is my day. check cashed 11-23. For Wisconsin mine was cashed the 24 so you should get yours the ...

Page 123 of 297 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 4453
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    Hoping today is my day. check cashed 11-23.
    For Wisconsin mine was cashed the 24 so you should get yours the day before mine comes. Any bets on that logic ?
    WD54241, Ramjet, Jpeetz and 3 others like this.

Subtle, But nice! LOL
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Studies of shooting involving the 357 have good track record in actual shootings and at one time that round was the king of one shot stops.

As far as pass throughs go? Any gun can but the 357 125 grain HP specifically designed for law enforcement and or personal defense is far less likely too. The +P 38 special is a good round and also an effective man stopper based on studies of actual shootings. So I do not think you can wrong with either. And allot better than a sharp stick.

410 handguns I have 2 I would not buy one or carry one for self defense. I have them for plinking and playing around thats it. The reason is simple it's my life or my family members I would be protecting. I am going to use a gun and round that has proven track record in the field. The 410 does not. Plus those guns are very heavy and recoil is more than a 38 special In a pocket gun in fact it is rather stout with 2.5" federal personal defense OO buck.

Shooting a revolver double action the more you shoot it the smoother they get. The more you shoot the better you get with it. It is that simple.

If Barrett were the candidate and won over Walker or that gal from Madison they will repeal the law period they have said so and they will.

Sure, but a governor cannot simply say, "I want to repeal this law...MAKE IT SO!"
    rokrok likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FryDay View Post
    Sure, but a governor cannot simply say, "I want to repeal this law...MAKE IT SO!"
    No he or she can not. However a Anti-Gun Governor can try to introduce legislation to repeal. Short of that he or she could with the majority of lawmakers add additional provisions such as training, qualifications, increased costs to the CC permit holder, potentially requiring some type of insurance. In general making life so miserable you wouldn't want to carry.
    Jpeetz and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    For Wisconsin mine was cashed the 24 so you should get yours the day before mine comes. Any bets on that logic ?
    ill keep u posted.... Love the pic
    kathie63 likes this.

LC9
    Mailed mine on 11/14, cashed 11/25..

Really wishing I had waited until 12/1.

If I had, I'd be going home to a permit in my mailbox.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    So I went to the mailbox today and no permit. Not too shocking seeing I didn't send in my application until 11/16. I thought I might get lucky because I turned another year older today. Would have made an awesome B-day present. Tomorrow might be a good day too though. I am picking up my new M&P pistol tomorrow. I was talking yesterday with the local guy who does gun transfers when I went into to fill out the paper work. He said his transfers are way up in the last couple of months. He said when he calls the Handgun Hotline in Madison, he sometimes has to let the phone ring for 10 minutes before someone picks up the phone since the permitting process started in November. He said the response time hasn't really changed though once he is able to talk to someone.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LC9 View Post

Maybe there seems to be a pattern then soon as you figure it out the pattern changes.
    I envision a a pile of mail coming in gets divided into stacks a stack get passed off to each work station. Some go to high speed worker thinks they are paid by the form, others go to the worker that knows they have no reason to hurry. The rest get spread out at varying levels of worker there may even be a few just rubber stamping them and really getting them out.
    just a madder of luck where yours lands.
    Every two weeks the floor walker looks around worker number 5 has a stack a foot high on their desk so he or she grabs half the stack and spreads them out on desk with 6 inch piles.
    The would explain a lot of this.
    dwebs262 likes this.

Today the wife got a flier for maurices, And I got.... Wait for it........ youll never guess.......... A letter from the ambulance chasers hopeing I get hurt at work.

Totally agree me too.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    Today the wife got a flier for maurices, And I got.... Wait for it........ youll never guess.......... A letter from the ambulance chasers hopeing I get hurt at work.
    I got coupons for cigarettes I don't smoke at all. A request for political donations from two different parties. A noticed I am in violation of one of Obamas executive orders having to do with the Army corp of ENG also EPA and some ditching on my farm. Darn ditch has been there sense 1951 and the State put it there. And a note from PETA about not eating meat.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar

I have thought the same thing but DOJ has admitted they will have hard time meeting the 21-day deadline for apps received after December 1st.

LC9
    Living in Madison, about 95% of my friends/acquaintances are extremely liberal. Like most liberals, they like to open their mouths and bash every conservative viewpoint openly. Most don't know of my support for CCW because very rarely will I even open my mouth around them during political discussions since most are not tolerant to anything except their own viewpoints.

Even my girlfriend, who I live with, is not comfortable with me carrying.

It is going to be very easy to follow the rule of thumb "Always carry, never tell" (except when I go drinking I can't carry anyways).
    rokrok likes this.

LC9

Does your girlfriend drive a car?

If she does I assume she does so with a seat belt on?

If she wears her seat belt I bet she is not out looking into get into an automobile accident so she can use it!

No more than a person that CCW wears a gun looking for gun fight.

Seems simple, it is that simple.
    rokrok likes this.

Sponsored Links