Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 124

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Jpeetz Subtle, But nice! LOL I can't believe you still have not received your permit! I'd be calling or emailing my Representative, ...

Page 124 of 297 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 4449
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    Subtle, But nice! LOL
    I can't believe you still have not received your permit! I'd be calling or emailing my Representative, sending smoke signals, circling the DOJ office with a banner plane!!

You filed November 4th, and your seeing people who filed more than 30 days after you getting theirs.
    I commend you, you have much better patience than me!
    rokrok and THEONLYGHOST like this.

LC9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    LC9

Does your girlfriend drive a car?

If she does I assume she does so with a seat belt on?

If she wears her seat belt I bet she is not out looking into get into an automobile accident so she can use it!

No more than a person that CCW wears a gun looking for gun fight.

Seems simple, it is that simple.
    It isn't that simple. Liberals that reside in Madison only talk to hear the sounds of their own voices. There is no reasoning with them.

Madison has not had to deal with near the Crime Milwaukee and other areas have had to.
    Dirty little thing no one wants to talk about in Madison people picked up are offered a chance to avoid prosecution if they leave Dane county .
    They are bused off to Racine,Kenosha and Milwaukee.
    So it is not a lie when you say people that live in Madison live in a different world.
    rokrok likes this.

wix
    No permit in the mail today.

Sent: 11/7
    Check cashed: 11/20

Check cashed 11-23. No permit today. Pissed

Just proving my point in post 1839 :)

Yeah, those rocket scientists didn't plan on the influx of apps submitted. Gosh, we've only been waiting for this moment 8yrs or better. Now it's going to cost us taxpayers even more $$$ because DOJ has to hire more staff. I know it's a controversial topic, but Constitutional Carry would've been easier,& cheaper. I think that you'll be getting yours no later than middle of next week. Mailed my app on 11/1, check cashed 11/9, permit came on 12/15. They're pulling staff from other depts in order to process apps quicker. Hang in there, guy.

My thoughts on what I see happening. It would appear that the Nov early applicants have been separated from the latter Nov & Dec applicants, why else would you see Dec applicants already receiving permits and in some cases getting permits prior to Checks even being deposited. Initially I accepted the answer supplied to everyone that some employees type faster and get the applications ready for the background check. But lately I'm seeing postings from recently submitted being issued while earlier still waiting?? I don't understand how this can be?? I'm convinced that they are not processing in order of receipt. They really must be over swamped.

Quote Originally Posted by rokrok View Post
    Yeah, those rocket scientists didn't plan on the influx of apps submitted. Gosh, we've only been waiting for this moment 8yrs or better. Now it's going to cost us taxpayers even more $$$ because DOJ has to hire more staff. I know it's a controversial topic, but Constitutional Carry would've been easier,& cheaper. I think that you'll be getting yours no later than middle of next week. Mailed my app on 11/1, check cashed 11/9, permit came on 12/15. They're pulling staff from other depts in order to process apps quicker. Hang in there, guy.
    I agree constitutional carry would have been cheaper but at 50 bucks an app times over 50000 apps thats a nice chunk of change for the state. I dont think the ccw dept uses all that money. So where does it go
    rokrok likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wix View Post
    No permit in the mail today.

Sent: 11/7
    Check cashed: 11/20
    I bet we will be the last people in wi to get ours. Jk but im so sick of waiting. They have our money so wheres our permits? Doesnt do much good to complain but where else do i have to complain at?

Quote Originally Posted by LC9 View Post
    It isn't that simple. Liberals that reside in Madison only talk to hear the sounds of their own voices. There is no reasoning with them.
    I am a liberal and SO agree with CCW, it's the political things that the right cannot be reasoned with. LOL
    rokrok likes this.

Good time to let it go and review how you plan to carry. Wear it around the house see how it fits. If you bought IWB leather either horse or cow leather you need to wear it a bit so it can mold to you some. Find out if the cross carry holster is going for work for you.
    Jump around do some work around the house with see if stays put. Nothing more embarrassing than to bend over and as you get up your weapon falls on the floor. Load it up the thing is going to feel and act different in the holster loaded than empty. Work on how you going to draw it if needed see if your plan has holes in it. Find out if the cross carry over the shoulder rubs a hole in your arm or chest.
    Passes the time anyway. Your wife/husband...others in your life may think your nuts.. then again they may join you
    WD54241 likes this.

If our lawmakers "both sides" were in true touch with there constituents they would have anticipated the volume of applications. The left over employees from the last administration as well as the current administration Grossly underestimated what the will of the people wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Good time to let it go and review how you plan to carry. Wear it around the house see how it fits. If you bought IWB leather either horse or cow leather you need to wear it a bit so it can mold to you some. Find out if the cross carry holster is going for work for you.
    Jump around do some work around the house with see if stays put. Nothing more embarrassing than to bend over and as you get up your weapon falls on the floor. Load it up the thing is going to feel and act different in the holster loaded than empty. Work on how you going to draw it if needed see if your plan has holes in it. Find out if the cross carry over the shoulder rubs a hole in your arm or chest.
    Passes the time anyway. Your wife/husband...others in your life may think your nuts.. then again they may join you
    I ordered my Galco speed paddle holster and during my 39 day wait I wore mine and practiced drawing at least 500 times! It's broken in now just the way it should be. Excellent idea.

I wish i knew. All I know is that DOJ should've been prepped & ready for this. They knew, just based on voter support as far back as the gubernatorial race Doyle vs. Green, that there were literally tens of 1000s of soon-to-be permit holders chomping at the bit to submit apps ASAP. They knew. But just like MOST gov agencies, when it's something that we want or need,they will take their sweet time giving it to us. unless it is the "shaft"! LOL
    WD54241 likes this.

Links