Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Guys, I wrote both my rep of course one of the, proposed this legislation. But thier offices both contacted me to try and help. Thank ...

Page 125 of 296 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 4440
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Guys,

I wrote both my rep of course one of the, proposed this legislation. But thier offices both contacted me to try and help. Thank goodness I had received my permit. But getting in touch with your rep is a good idea unless they are against CCW.

Yeah I get what you say about some extreme liberals.

Pick your battles I guess.

I carry at home all the time now and even before it helps gets you used to carrying and also it breaks in the holster so to speak. Dry fire draw and practice is also very important so I do that as well.

I believe reading the request for additional people that these folks would be funded through applications present and future fees collected. That is a good thing along with a balanced budget.
    WD54241 and rokrok like this.

2. Remove Ads

I just bought the Ruger LCR with the laser grip from my FFL dealer. Pick it up Friday! Next on my list is the Ruger SP 101 357 Model 5720 and laser grip for that (I like my lasers)!
    mrkurt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    I just bought the Ruger LCR with the laser grip from my FFL dealer. Pick it up Friday! Next on my list is the Ruger SP 101 357 Model 5720 and laser grip for that (I like my lasers)!
    If you never had an SP 101 chances are very good you will like it. Hard to beat a Ruger

Everyone send good thoughts i will get mine tomarrow. Im really hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    Good luck!

SO, I sent my permit in the mail on December 11th. They have 21 days to deliver, that is the law that they made. What happens if they don't deliver? Do I get to go arrest them? Can I give them a FINE? Issue a ticket perhaps? If I don't pay a ticket or a fine the government cracks the whip. My question is what will happen when THEY fail to meet the terms? They have a week and a half to get my permit to me or I'm calling the cops!

best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    Do you know of any snub nose that when you pull the trigger the hammer cycles real smooth? I am proficient with auto's and revolvers, but for accuracy, because of shot distance in hunting generally requires a cock and shoot for me. If you know of a snubnose with a real good action it would make a good backup. Cycling a hammer with the trigger devistates accuracy... Well theire I go again...Ive gota remember im not hunting... I wont need to defend myself from across an entire parking lot... LOL,... nevermind, brainfart, That could get a little dificut to explain! LOL, (maby Ill go with the taurus judge, LOL, point and shoot.) Though ill never get one I bet the Taurus Judge would be one heck of a car glove compartment gun?
    Most if not all revolvers [in double action mode] have a 'hard' trigger pull. Those with exposed hammers will have a smooth trigger pull when cocked [hair-like]. You can always have a gunsmith lessen the trigger pull or if so able do it yourself. You can buy the spring kits online.
    revolver trigger springs - Google Search

Keep in mind......Carrying a concealed weapon is no different then having a spare tire in your trunk. Most likely you will never need it but when you do you will sure be glad you have it.
    Last edited by Crowman; December 22nd, 2011 at 02:30 AM.
    rokrok likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Happy Birth Day

Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    So I went to the mailbox today and no permit. Not too shocking seeing I didn't send in my application until 11/16. I thought I might get lucky because I turned another year older today. Would have made an awesome B-day present. Tomorrow might be a good day too though. I am picking up my new M&P pistol tomorrow. I was talking yesterday with the local guy who does gun transfers when I went into to fill out the paper work. He said his transfers are way up in the last couple of months. He said when he calls the Handgun Hotline in Madison, he sometimes has to let the phone ring for 10 minutes before someone picks up the phone since the permitting process started in November. He said the response time hasn't really changed though once he is able to talk to someone.
    I am sorry it is not hear yet, but Happy Birth Day to you eather way hope ur permit comes soon for you

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    If I may ask which flavor of laser do you prefer? Crimson?

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    What's wrong with you people up at this hour? Oh right I'm up to LOL
    Jpeetz and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    WD54241 The crimson is as good as it gets they are very proud of their product you can tell by the price.
    Insight makes some very good ones that come on some S&W revolvers from the factory.
    Laserlyte makes a great one for smaller Auto's that is priced about half what Crimson are the side mount is clean and easy to install. The top mounts are something you need to do your home work on to decide if they are right for you. But buy from a dealer not direct for laserlyte you will save 20-30 dollars. Many of the other so call universal mounts are to darn bulky. http://www.laserlyte.com/products/ck-amf
    Real world this weapon sells for about 460 with the laser, it is a nice clean setup.
    Product: BODYGUARD® 38

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Yes Crimson Trace, the one with my Ruger LCR can be turned off or on, and I like that when it's on and I grip the gun it comes on automatically. NICE

The only thing I don't like about the Bodyguard both .38 & .380 is the trigger pull! I initially bought the .380 and HATED it, sold it immediately after I went to the range with it, way to hard of a trigger pull! I dry fired the .38 at Gander and hated trigger pull too. Tried the Ruger LCR and had a much better pull.

wix
    Hoping today is the day my permit shows up.

I'm off to the range to work out some accuracy problems with my SIG. It's a 6 o'clock sight config, and I'm not very good with it yet.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Links