Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 126

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Smitty901 WD54241 The crimson is as good as it gets they are very proud of their product you can tell by the ...

Page 126 of 297 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 4445
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    WD54241 The crimson is as good as it gets they are very proud of their product you can tell by the price.
    Insight makes some very good ones that come on some S&W revolvers from the factory.
    Laserlyte makes a great one for smaller Auto's that is priced about half what Crimson are the side mount is clean and easy to install. The top mounts are something you need to do your home work on to decide if they are right for you. But buy from a dealer not direct for laserlyte you will save 20-30 dollars. Many of the other so call universal mounts are to darn bulky. Laserlyte — SML Ruger/Kel-Tec .380
    Real world this weapon sells for about 460 with the laser, it is a nice clean setup.
    Product: BODYGUARD® 38
    I'm leaning myself toward the crimson. I like the placement on the rear and controlled by my grip. If it became a situation where I needed it I hate like stuffing to be fiddling around the trigger guard as other brands do. I'd like to see the crimson add a green laser, to me that would be the icing on the cake. I'm just starting to research the laser topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    What's wrong with you people up at this hour? Oh right I'm up to LOL
    I know!!! Restless sleep aches from the chill.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Jpeetz, Are you feeling confident today??? I'm cheering you on bro! You are the most deserving in this thread! Your patience has been a model for all of us!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Super33 View Post
    SO, I sent my permit in the mail on December 11th. They have 21 days to deliver, that is the law that they made. What happens if they don't deliver? Do I get to go arrest them? Can I give them a FINE? Issue a ticket perhaps? If I don't pay a ticket or a fine the government cracks the whip. My question is what will happen when THEY fail to meet the terms? They have a week and a half to get my permit to me or I'm calling the cops!
    LOL, Yea some law... They wrote it with a set amount of time but I can't see where there is anything about penalty's for violating it!

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I'm leaning myself toward the crimson. I like the placement on the rear and controlled by my grip. If it became a situation where I needed it I hate like stuffing to be fiddling around the trigger guard as other brands do. I'd like to see the crimson add a green laser, to me that would be the icing on the cake. I'm just starting to research the laser topic.
    Yes that's why I like the Crimson activates with your grip! The bodyguard .380 I had to fumble with the laser!

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    Yes that's why I like the Crimson activates with your grip! The bodyguard .380 I had to fumble with the laser!
    I'll probably pick one up after Christmas. Just wished it was a green laser much better visibility during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    Does it interfere with the holster? I doubt that it would but got to ask.

Well, Im done doing the math on the wait, so its day??? Today is the day, once again I can feel it, for sure today. The DOJ has officialy wore me down, their is no anger, frustration, or remorse anymore. Just a tired indiferance remains within these aching bones. So today if it is there great, if not, wow, a pennys catalog.
    Last edited by Jpeetz; December 22nd, 2011 at 10:56 AM. Reason: gramer

TGP
    PROTECT YOUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS! This story tells what happened in England over the past century: It could happen in America if we are not diligent!

You're sound asleep when you hear a thump outside your bedroom door. Half-awake, and nearly paralyzed with fear, you hear muffled whispers.

At least two people have broken into your house and are moving your way.

With your heart pumping, you reach down beside your bed and pick up your shotgun.

You rack a shell into the chamber, then inch toward the door and open it. In the darkness, you make out two shadows.

One holds something that looks like a crowbar. When the intruder brandishes it as if to strike, you raise the shotgun and fire.

The blast knocks both thugs to the floor. One writhes and screams while the second man crawls to the front door and lurches outside. As you pick up the telephone to call police, you know you're in trouble.

In your country, most guns were outlawed years before, and the few that are privately owned are so stringently regulated as to make them useless..

Yours was never registered. Police arrive and inform you that the second burglar has died.

They arrest you for First Degree Murder and Illegal Possession of a Firearm. When you talk to your attorney, he tells you not to worry: authorities will probably plea the case down to manslaughter.

"What kind of sentence will I get?" you ask. "Only ten-to-twelve years," he replies, as if that's nothing.

"Behave yourself, and you'll be out in seven."

The next day, the shooting is the lead story in the local newspaper.

Somehow, you're portrayed as an eccentric vigilante while the two men you shot are represented as choirboys.

Their friends and relatives can't find an unkind word to say about them..

Buried deep down in the article, authorities acknowledge that both "victims" have been arrested numerous times.

But the next day's headline says it all: "Lovable Rogue Son Didn't Deserve to Die." The thieves have been transformed from career criminals into Robin Hood-type pranksters..

As the days wear on, the story takes wings. The national media picks it up, then the international media.

The surviving burglar has become a folk hero.

Your attorney says the thief is preparing to sue you, and he'll probably win.

The media publishes reports that your home has been burglarized several times in the past and that you've been critical of local police for their lack of effort in apprehending the suspects.

After the last break-in, you told your neighbor that you would be prepared next time.

The District Attorney uses this to allege that you were lying in wait for the burglars.

A few months later, you go to trial. The charges haven't been reduced, as your lawyer had so confidently predicted.

When you take the stand, your anger at the injustice of it all works against you..

Prosecutors paint a picture of you as a mean, vengeful man.

It doesn't take long for the jury to convict you of all charges.

The judge sentences you to life in prison.

This case really happened.

On August 22, 1999, Tony Martin of Emneth, Norfolk, England, killed one burglar and wounded a second.

In April, 2000, he was convicted and is now serving a life term..

How did it become a crime to defend one's own life in the once great British Empire ?

It started with the Pistols Act of 1903. This seemingly reasonable law forbade selling pistols to minors or felons and established that handgun sales were to be made only to those who had a license. The Firearms Act of 1920 expanded licensing to include not only handguns but all firearms except shotguns..

Later laws passed in 1953 and 1967 outlawed the carrying of any weapon by private citizens and mandated the registration of all shotguns.

Momentum for total handgun confiscation began in earnest after the Hungerford mass shooting in 1987. Michael Ryan, a mentally disturbed man with a Kalashnikov rifle, walked down the streets shooting everyone he saw.

When the smoke cleared, 17 people were dead.

The British public, already de-sensitized by eighty years of "gun control", demanded even tougher restrictions. (The seizure of all privately owned handguns was the objective even though Ryan used a rifle.)

Nine years later, at Dunblane, Scotland, Thomas Hamilton used a semi-automatic weapon to murder 16 children and a teacher at a public school.

For many years, the media had portrayed all gun owners as mentally unstable, or worse, criminals. Now the press had a real kook with which to beat up law-abiding gun owners.
    Day after day, week after week, the media gave up all pretense of objectivity and demanded a total ban on all handguns. The Dunblane Inquiry, a few months later, sealed the fate of the few sidearms still owned by private citizens.

During the years in which the British government incrementally took away most gun rights, the notion that a citizen had the right to armed self-defense came to be seen as vigilantism.
    Authorities refused to grant gun licenses to people who were threatened, claiming that self-defense was no longer considered a reason to own a gun.
    Citizens who shot burglars or robbers or rapists were charged while the real criminals were released.

Indeed, after the Martin shooting, a police spokesman was quoted as saying, "We cannot have people take the law into their own hands."

All of Martin's neighbors had been robbed numerous times, and several elderly people were severely injured in beatings by young thugs who had no fear of the consequences. Martin himself, a collector of antiques, had seen most of his collection trashed or stolen by burglars.

When the Dunblane Inquiry ended, citizens who owned handguns were given three months to turn them over to local authorities.

Being good British subjects, most people obeyed the law. The few who didn't were visited by police and threatened with ten-year prison sentences if they didn't comply.

Police later bragged that they'd taken nearly 200,000 handguns from private citizens.

How did the authorities know who had handguns?The guns had been registered and licensed.
    Kind of like cars. Sound familiar?

WAKE UP AMERICA ; THIS IS WHY OUR FOUNDING FATHERS PUT THE SECOND AMENDMENT IN OUR CONSTITUTION.

"...It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." --Samuel Adams
    Last edited by TGP; December 22nd, 2011 at 12:31 PM.
    rokrok likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    Well, Im done doing the math on the wait, so its day??? Today is the day, once again I can feel it, for sure today. The DOJ has officialy wore me down, their is no anger, frustration, or remorse anymore. Just a tired indiferance remains within these aching bones. So today if it is there great, if not, wow, a pennys catalog.
    You sent yours in the same day as me. I figured they got it on 11/7 take away Thanksgiving your at day 45 today!
    Jpeetz likes this.

My wife just completed a Concealed Carry class last night, and the instructor said they they need to be careful filling out the application because he claimed that the DOJ is rejecting apps for things like not using their color codes...like putting eye color as brown instead of bro or hazel instead of haz. I think he was full of bull but, for my own curiosity I thought I would ask, has anyone gotten a rejection letter for something as petty as that?

Address conflicts and multiple names would be the exception as I would expect that to need to be confirmed by DOJ.
    Jpeetz and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dwebs262 View Post
    My wife just completed a Concealed Carry class last night, and the instructor said they they need to be careful filling out the application because he claimed that the DOJ is rejecting apps for things like not using their color codes...like putting eye color as brown instead of bro or hazel instead of haz. I think he was full of bull but, for my own curiosity I thought I would ask, has anyone gotten a rejection letter for something as petty as that?

Address conflicts and multiple names would be the exception as I would expect that to need to be confirmed by DOJ.
    There has been many postings of applications being rejected for name changes, address differences the items you stated. I have not seen any for the petty things your instructor told you. I may be wrong! The eye color code is that not done by the DMV?
    Last edited by WD54241; December 22nd, 2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Added

Just checked my mail
    ...no permit
    I'm starting to get worked up.
    again sent: Nov. 4
    check cashed: Nov. 18

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw226 View Post
    Just checked my mail
    ...no permit
    I also feel your pain, I also sent Nov4, I also have no permit, We are few, but we are not alone. Hovever my check cash date was 11/21.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw226 View Post
    Just checked my mail
    ...no permit
    Your day 45! call your Representative, send your letter!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Links