Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Ramjet I would have told him especially if he asked. I also would have handed the CCW permit to him. My thinking ...

Page 133 of 296 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 4431
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    I would have told him especially if he asked. I also would have handed the CCW permit to him.

My thinking is this he asked you lied to him if he would have further investigated and found out you were lying he then has probable cause to make your life very unpleasant.
    My thinking is supply right away if he asks if I'm carrying at that time I'd answer truthfully. I just don't like the idea after telling him and than taking my hands off wheel to dig in my wallet. I don't know what kind of day he had. The only thing left for me to do if asked is tell him where on my person it is. Hands high on the wheel.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Day 44 and still nothing ...

Me think one does as the situation dictates.
    MrMeanor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by presa_dad View Post
    Day 44 and still nothing ...
    Total Bummer!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

That was not a smart thing to do. You had a obligation to "Immedediately and calmly tell the officer that you have a concealed carry license and are carrying a weapon." You did all of us and Law Enforcement a dis-service. You did nothing positive. That is the law, and that is what was in the pamphlet you got in the mail, with your permit. Are you looking for support on this stunt? I suspect there was more to this story.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMeanor View Post
    Got stopped on HWY 53 by a Wisconsin State Trooper this morning in Eau Claire while carrying. First time I have been pulled over in years and I was nervous. It seems my head light was out. He took a quick look at my driver's license and I told him I was out running errands anyway and would make the auto parts my next stop. He never asked about weapons and I didn't tell him. He did not even take my information back to the squad, just let me go. No written warning or anything.

I debated in my head about handing over the CWL with my DL, but in the end I am glad I didn't as it could have made a 1 minute stop into a longer stop, or maybe even worse.

Merry Christmas and I hope the USPS is good to all those still waiting!

Just checked the mail and recieved my permit.
    Sent 11/4
    Check cashed 11/21
    Recieved 12/23
    Permit # 31XXX
    I hope the waits shorten substantually for the rest of you guys. It is rediculious.

Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    That was not a smart thing to do. You had a obligation to "Immedediately and calmly tell the officer that you have a concealed carry license and are carrying a weapon." You did all of us and Law Enforcement a dis-service. You did nothing positive. That is the law, and that is what was in the pamphlet you got in the mail, with your permit. Are you looking for support on this stunt? I suspect there was more to this story.
    Take it easy and actually read the law before you try to berate someone for doing something against it! There is no duty to inform in Wisconsin!! Get your facts straight before getting on your high horse!!

Here knock yourself out http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011...ed/acts/35.pdf
    MrMeanor and bassethound like this.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    I would have told him especially if he asked. I also would have handed the CCW permit to him.

My thinking is this If he would asked and you lied to him if he would have further investigated and found out you were lying he then has probable cause to make your life very unpleasant.

But in this case no harm no foul.
    If asked and caught lying You will go directly to jail. will not pass go will not collect your $200 either. It's called interfering with a police officers duties. I believe it's either a gross misdemeanor or even a felony.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    Sent 11/4
    Check cashed 11/21
    Recieved 12/23
    Permit # 31XXX
    I hope the waits shorten substantually for the rest of you guys. It is rediculious.
    About time. Glad to see this one kicked into the ditch. Be good and be careful.
    Jpeetz and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    The law does not state that I have to "Immedediately and calmly tell the officer that you have a concealed carry license and are carrying a weapon." This is not Ohio.

The law states "Possession and Display of License: At all times during which a person is carrying a concealed weapon, the licensee shall have with them their concealed weapon license AND their photographic identification card (driver license or identification card). Both the license and identification shall be displayed to a law enforcement officer upon request."

He never asked, nor requested. If he would have, of course I would have complied.
    bassethound likes this.

Sent 11/4
    Check cashed 11/21
    Recieved 12/23
    Permit # 31XXX
    Protect that right now that you have it
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Sent 11/4
    Check cashed 11/21
    Recieved 12/23
    Permit # 31XXX
    Merry Concealed Christmas!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Wow that is very cool jpeetz. Carry with care and now practice practice practice.

When I first read his story I thought he was asked by the officer it is appearing he was not and therefore is under no obligation to declare by law.

I amended my thread to reflect that.

It finaly came today. Day 45 since mailing!
    Mailed: 11/08
    MO cashed: 11/21
    Issued: 12/20
    arrived: 12/23
    # 305xx

I'm finally done with this silliness that is "tracker threads"
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Sent 11/4
    Check cashed 11/21
    Recieved 12/23
    Permit # 31XXX
    Merry Christmas!!!!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Links