Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 136

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Southpaw226 I'm just changing my mailing address to my parents address as that is the one currently on my drivers license. I'm ...

Page 136 of 297 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 4449
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw226 View Post
    I'm just changing my mailing address to my parents address as that is the one currently on my drivers license. I'm putting my DD214 and hunters safety certificate. Not sure if that will expedite the process or not
    Only put ONE or the other putting two in adds more steps for them we had been warned about that .

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    380 are nice but fall short on stopping power.... Many will recommend going no lower than .38 or 9mm.

Ruger LC9 is a nice compact 9mm that you also can get with a laser from the factory.

Ruger LC9 Review | The Shooter's Log

Gun Review: Ruger LC9 | The Truth About Guns

Ruger LC9 – A New Pocket Pistol in 9mm
    Would some what disagree on the about 380 and 9mm that that much difference in the ranges you would use it.
    There is one issue with 380 and that is the smaller ones kick like a mule compared to a mid frame 9mm.
    The LC9 or the SR9C Ruger are both great options
    I have a LCP Ruger 380 sitting right here and I have no issue with it doing the job but I know what it is like to shoot.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    Both you Buckman60 and Southpaw226 do not understand the term HOR {Home of Record). That term would have cleared that miss-understanding.
    No mine was different than that . After my divorce , sold my house . Than bought a new house , been here for six years . Got all my truck title and plates ,and so on at my new address . The DMV had my DL address as my ex's new house that she bought two years ago .Go figuire , she even went back to her maiden name !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Merry Christmas To All

Complete Christmas Light Show
    Holdman Christmas Lights 2010 - Complete Show - YouTube
    Thank you for sharing that link it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

No permit in the mail today...
    Check posted 11-23
    Anyone know if there is mail tomarrow 12-24?
    Would be a nice christmas present.

Buckman60:
    That was your responsibility to effect the change to reflect your residance, just like a voter registration? Your driver's license has nothing to do with your divorce the day after your divorce? Your residance, and your driver's license should have come back into agreement no later than 30 days after such a event. The excuses I see here often are self induced and reflect terrible self inflected irresponsibility and lack of attention to detail for many. I never make excuses for myself. But remember this Buckman60, we are only hearing what some of these people want us to hear. There was the time frame from July thru October 31 for all these applicants to get their act together on November 1st. The law was well published, as well as FRQ's from the DOJ as of August 01, 2011. Now some (but not all) want to blame this on DOJ ineptitude. A recent national employment (HR) survey suggests 70% empelish situations as well as themselves and acomplishments in their resumes. That cuts both ways. It will alsways be that old 20% / 80% rule. Those that were on this responded decisively in the wee hours of November 1st. My permit is # 39.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckman60 View Post
    No mine was different than that . After my divorce , sold my house . Than bought a new house , been here for six years . Got all my truck title and plates ,and so on at my new address . The DMV had my DL address as my ex's new house that she bought two years ago .Go figuire , she even went back to her maiden name !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    No permit in the mail today...
    Check posted 11-23
    Anyone know if there is mail tomarrow 12-24?
    Would be a nice christmas present.
    Yes there is mail tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    Yes there is mail tomorrow!
    Thanks kathie. Ill pray for a great christmas present. All i want for christmas is my ccw. My ccw my ccw. All i want for christmas is my ccw. Not my two front teeth.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    Thanks kathie. Ill pray for a great christmas present. All i want for christmas is my ccw. My ccw my ccw. All i want for christmas is my ccw. Not my two front teeth.
    Me too I pray you all get your permits SOON!!!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

The best measure that we have is actual shootings and studies of those shootings. Marshall and Evans for example. The 380 does notehave a very good track record. The 9mm does in the hands of law enforcement in NY and Chicago pd both use them and they have good stopping track records.

I am ok with whatever you want to carry but my life or families life the smallest caliber would be a 9mm with good law enforcement style HP as the Speer Gold Dot 115 grain. I will trust my life to the proven ammo with a solid history of stopping power.
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    Buckman60:
    That was your responsibility to effect the change to reflect your residance, just like a voter registration? Your driver's license has nothing to do with your divorce the day after your divorce? Your residance, and your driver's license should have come back into agreement no later than 30 days after such a event. The excuses I see here often are self induced and reflect terrible self inflected irresponsibility and lack of attention to detail for many. I never make excuses for myself. But remember this Buckman60, we are only hearing what some of these people want us to hear. There was the time frame from July thru October 31 for all these applicants to get their act together on November 1st. The law was well published, as well as FRQ's from the DOJ as of August 01, 2011. Now some (but not all) want to blame this on DOJ ineptitude. A recent national employment (HR) survey suggests 70% empelish situations as well as themselves and acomplishments in their resumes. That cuts both ways. It will alsways be that old 20% / 80% rule. Those that were on this responded decisively in the wee hours of November 1st. My permit is # 39.
    Yes you make a very good point, my fault for thinking when i changed my address at the DMV six years ago to where i live now. Had new DL in had with correct address , that for some reason they would have me living at a different address. Guess i need to check every so often with them to make sure i still live here !!!!

Merry Christmas Buckman60.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    Thank you for sharing that link it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!
    Boy what talent.......truely enjoyed.....thank you for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Armored View Post
    I got mine today too!

Mailed 11-7
    Check cashed 11-21
    Issued 12-20
    In my mailbox 12-23
    Permit # 302XX

Merry Christmas!!!!
    congrats
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    Just checked the mail and recieved my permit.
    Sent 11/4
    Check cashed 11/21
    Recieved 12/23
    Permit # 31XXX
    I hope the waits shorten substantually for the rest of you guys. It is rediculious.
    Congrats!!!!!

Stay Safe
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Links