Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks to all for all the advice on the Glock......still thinking.....want to be sure before I buy,,,,,,I have a 357 Ruger Security Six SS.....awsome gun ...

Page 137 of 297 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 4441
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Thanks to all for all the advice on the Glock......still thinking.....want to be sure before I buy,,,,,,I have a 357 Ruger Security Six SS.....awsome gun but just to big and heavy for cc......I also have a 410 shotgun for home defense,,,so I am not without protection but I am looking for something I like to shoot and is also comfortable to carry. I drifted towards the Glocks because of the polymer frame which is very light for carrying. I also like the idea of not having to fiddle with a safety IF FORBID I would ever have to use it. They are also very tough and very easy to disassamble. I shot the Glock 17 today and I am thinking it might be the one. Thanks again and any more input is greatly appreciated. It is nice to get some other points of view.

2. Remove Ads

If I missed anyone that just received their pemits...sorry and congrats to you

Gun Reviews -- Handguns/Rifles
    Gun Reviews | The Truth About Guns

Budís Top Selling Guns for 2011
    Budís Top Selling Guns for 2011 | The Truth About Guns
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by Armored View Post
    I got mine today too! Mailed 11-7Check cashed 11-21Issued 12-20In my mailbox 12-23Permit # 302XXMerry Christmas!!!!
    Congrats! Great Christmas present.

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    Just checked the mail and recieved my permit. Sent 11/4Check cashed 11/21Recieved 12/23Permit # 31XXXI hope the waits shorten substantually for the rest of you guys. It is rediculious.
    Congrats! Great Christmas present

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    it's finally here!Mailed 11/7Issued 12/21Received 12/23permit number 311XX
    Congrats! Great Christmas present!

Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    Armored, you could not have said it better! Again, Markush and Mr.Meanor! was it worth that, ............. less than truthfullness, or lack of stated clarity, to a Law Enforcement Officer trying to do his very dangerous job, dealing with the scum of society on a daily basis?
    WOW...just WOW dude! You obviously don't get it...enjoy the world that you've conjured up in your head man...I'm gone!

Well, now that my long wait for a permit is over, and the responsibility of carrying has begun, my focus will be turned to protecting this constitutionally undeniable rite that was finnaly restored to us. Carry safe! Their are plans in place rite now as we speak waiting to capitilize on unresponsable concealed carry bahavior and accidents. Anti gun/anti CC are in the shadows drooling over an oppertunity to capitlize on an accidental discharge, accidental killing, a child getting ahold of your gun because you failed to properly secure it and a long list of others. All of the anti carry plans ive turned up so far are designed to quietly take this rite away 1 piece at a time, little by little, untill any practical application of CC is gone. Accept nothing less than Constitutional carry. Its real easy to say well I guess a 30 day wait isnt the worst or I guess its just a class, I guess I can do that or I suppose they are rite I probably shouldnt carry in a gas station, store, park, and eventually my own home. DO NOT LET ANTI GUN POLITICS GET THERE FOOT IN THE DOOR! That is why it is only constitutional carry for me, I will not settle for less.
    Last edited by Jpeetz; December 24th, 2011 at 07:56 AM. Reason: conteny
    WD54241, hdman97 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Well, now that my long wait for a permit is over, and the responsibility of carrying has begun, my focus will be turned to protecting this constitutionally undeniable rite that was finnaly restored to us. Carry safe! Their are plans in place rite now as we speak waiting to capitilize on unresponsable concealed carry bahavior and accidents. Anti gun/anti CC are in the shadows drooling over an oppertunity to capitlize on an accidental discharge, accidental killing, a child getting ahold of your gun because you failed to properly secure it and a long list of others. All of the anti carry plans ive turned up so far are designed to quietly take this rite away 1 piece at a time, little by little, untill any practical application of CC is gone. Accept nothing less than Constitutional carry. Its real easy to say well I guess a 30 day wait isnt the worst or I guess its just a class, I guess I can do that or I suppose they are rite I probably shouldnt carry in a gas station, store, park, and eventually my own home. DO NOT LET ANTI GUN POLITICS GET THERE FOOT IN THE DOOR! That is why it is only constitutional carry for me, I will not settle for less.
    Be responsible!, select the right firearm for your needs, select the right holster and you will even forget that it's on you. Knowing we regained our right means we have to be diligent and conduct ourselves better than the average citizen. Jpeetz is right there are MANY groups out there just waiting for the first cowboy! and than we all will pay!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

You covered that very well. I am suppose to be at a meeting next week where how they will go over wreaking then repealing the CC law . They have a spy in their group.
    Jpeetz and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    You covered that very well. I am suppose to be at a meeting next week where how they will go over wreaking then repealing the CC law . They have a spy in their group.
    If they did repeal it, would that strip us? or any future permits being issued? I'm thinking we would almost have to be grandfathered in?
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    The best measure that we have is actual shootings and studies of those shootings. Marshall and Evans for example. The 380 does notehave a very good track record. The 9mm does in the hands of law enforcement in NY and Chicago pd both use them and they have good stopping track records.

I am ok with whatever you want to carry but my life or families life the smallest caliber would be a 9mm with good law enforcement style HP as the Speer Gold Dot 115 grain. I will trust my life to the proven ammo with a solid history of stopping power.
    The 115 JHP or semi Jacketed has proven to be a good round for the 9mm any heavier penetration is lost any lighter first rounds stopping is lost of course there is always some give and take barrel length and other issue come into play General rule is to avoid the extremes like a 146 gr Hp in a 9mm just not the right round same as a 95 Gr ball would not be a good round for most. That is why the 115 JHP and semi jacketed works so well splits the best for both ends.
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    The 115 JHP or semi Jacketed has proven to be a good round for the 9mm any heavier penetration is lost any lighter first rounds stopping is lost of course there is always some give and take barrel length and other issue come into play General rule is to avoid the extremes like a 146 gr Hp in a 9mm just not the right round same as a 95 Gr ball would not be a good round for most. That is why the 115 JHP and semi jacketed works so well splits the best for both ends.
    I agree Gold Dot & Federal run the best in my 9mm sc.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I agree Gold Dot & Federal run the best in my 9mm sc.
    When new some will have more feed issue than others. Once broke in many find they can shoot darn near anything after that.
    But not always. I have a Raven that will not fire anything but cheap CCI round anything else just stacks after a round or two.

With CC at least of now the law in Wisconsin it will bring up new things to think about.
    Guest in your home staying over night do you have a place for them to secure their weapons if need be?
    My house guest rooms does have a vault. At my house your Kids, Dog and guns are always welcome.
    While I do not drink myself others do any partying at my place guns get locked up that is that.
    When you decide to carry your life will require some changes.

Links