Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 138

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by markush WOW...just WOW dude! You obviously don't get it...enjoy the world that you've conjured up in your head man...I'm gone! When you ...

Page 138 of 297 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 4452
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by markush View Post
    WOW...just WOW dude! You obviously don't get it...enjoy the world that you've conjured up in your head man...I'm gone!
    When you are pulled over by Law Enforcement, it's not "Burger King" you don't get it your way, LE gets it their way. There should be absolutely no doubt or debate in your mind about to tell or not to tell them you are carrying. You tell them with all speed, and comply with all instructions given. It's that simple. Yikes!

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    Well, now that my long wait for a permit is over, and the responsibility of carrying has begun, my focus will be turned to protecting this constitutionally undeniable rite that was finnaly restored to us. Carry safe! Their are plans in place rite now as we speak waiting to capitilize on unresponsable concealed carry bahavior and accidents. Anti gun/anti CC are in the shadows drooling over an oppertunity to capitlize on an accidental discharge, accidental killing, a child getting ahold of your gun because you failed to properly secure it and a long list of others. All of the anti carry plans ive turned up so far are designed to quietly take this rite away 1 piece at a time, little by little, untill any practical application of CC is gone. Accept nothing less than Constitutional carry. Its real easy to say well I guess a 30 day wait isnt the worst or I guess its just a class, I guess I can do that or I suppose they are rite I probably shouldnt carry in a gas station, store, park, and eventually my own home. DO NOT LET ANTI GUN POLITICS GET THERE FOOT IN THE DOOR! That is why it is only constitutional carry for me, I will not settle for less.
    The 2nd Amendment right to bear arms is always being threatened by the liberal left. But, thanks to th NRA, with it's political clout, it's lobbyists, it's large membership and it's significant funding sources, they will always be there to target any and all opponents of CCW. If it appears that the WI CCW law is in jeopardy, they'll be here BIG TIME. Thy are not about to lose WI after 20 years of efforts to get it from 1 of only 2 states with no CC law to join the other 48. That's my opinion any way!
    Jpeetz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    When you are pulled over by Law Enforcement, it's not "Burger King" you don't get it your way, LE gets it their way. There should be absolutely no doubt or debate in your mind about to tell or not to tell them you are carrying. You tell them with all speed, and comply with all instructions given. It's that simple. Yikes!
    Why should you tell them if you are not requiree to. If they ask then yo have to tell but if they dont ask then you have no obligation to tell. Never volunteer information. Any lawyer will tell you that. Telling the police any information can only be used against you not for you. Comply with all laws and nerver volunteer any information unless required by law. Anyone else agree?
    MrMeanor likes this.

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    If they did repeal it, would that strip us? or any future permits being issued? I'm thinking we would almost have to be grandfathered in?
    I think repeal is very unlikely. Certainly as long as the Repubs are still in control. CCW passed the legislature previous years with both Repub and some Dem support. That was not the problem. Dem governor veto was the problem. Even if Gov Walker is recalled, which I think is unlikely. It's only happened for a Governor once or twice ever anywhere in the entire US in all US history. But, even if happened, thre is no guarantee a Dem would replace him. And, even if a Dem replaced him it is unlikely the State legislature, with both Repub & some Dem support for CCW would pass a repeal bill. I know of no other state that passed CCW (of all 49 CCW states) that ever repealed it. In fact, the trend is to the contrary. Arizona just passed constitutional carry in July 2010. Now 3 states have constitutional carry: Vermont, Alaska & Arizona. Further, WI just passed and the Governor signed the Castle Doctrine Law in WI a couple of weeks ago. This Is another tremendous achievement for 2nd Amendment and NRAs efforts.
    The Gathering Place - Open: May - October for Family, Friends & Christian Outreach - Never any cost. Visit: http://tomgraberfamily.com/?page_id=18

This is what the pamphlet says:
    Law Enforcement Contact
    A Wisconsin concealed carry license may or may not be accepted in other states. Each state has the power to regulate what nonresi- dent permits it accepts. We suggest that you contact each state you intend to travel to for the most updated concealed carry regulations.
    Information contained within this brochure is valid as of the revision date and may change pursuant to a change in Wisconsin statutes or administrative codes. For the most up-to- date information, please refer to the following websites:
    Wisconsin Department of Justice
    The concealed carry law requires you to display your photo identification and concealed carry license upon the request of a law enforcement officer when you are carrying a concealed weapon. For your safety and the safety of the law enforcement officer, we recommend the following actions to avoid raising alarm in the officer and ensure the contact goes as smoothly as possible.
    1. Cooperate fully with the officer.
    2. If you are in a vehicle, roll down the window.
    3. At night, turn on the dome light.
    4. Stay in the vehicle unless the officer tells
    you to get out.
    5. Keep your hands where the officer can see
    them. If you are in a vehicle, the best place
    to put them is on the steering wheel.
    6. Immediately and calmly tell the officer that you have a concealed carry license and are
    carrying a weapon.
    7. Tell the officer where your permit and weapon are located.
    Do not reach for them unless specifically told to by the officer.
    Donít make any quick movements.

In some circumstances the officer may ask to take temporary possession of the weapon to ensure the safety of the officer and others. However, in routine non-arrest contacts, the officer will return the weapon to you at the end of the contact.
    Jpeetz and THEONLYGHOST like this.

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    Why should you tell them if you are not requiree to. If they ask then yo have to tell but if they dont ask then you have no obligation to tell. Never volunteer information. Any lawyer will tell you that. Telling the police any information can only be used against you not for you. Comply with all laws and nerver volunteer any information unless required by law. Anyone else agree?
    I agree with you. I am a retired federal LE officer of 30 years. That said, WI is a "not required to inform unless asked state." To do so without being asked is your choice and might be the right decision for you but not required or advisable in most circumstances. Thats why they wrote that provision into the law. Showing CCW when not required to may often result in many more questions that would not otherwise be the case. A rogue cop may ask for your weapon. May then call in to check your license. Possibly confiscate your weapon if ANY question exists, like gun registration, etc, etc.Compare this to open carry, which is legal in WI, to concealed carry. Those open carrying are stopped and questioned qute often by police, even though open carry is legal. If a policeman is suspicious bout anyone, maybe based on location and time of day or NIGHT, even if the person has a valid CCW, they could likely look for an opportunity to cite for a CCW violation in order to confiscate the weapon. For most this would never be a problem but many policemen are opposed to CCW and giving them a chance to challenge your CCW might be problematic.
    MrMeanor likes this.
    The Gathering Place - Open: May - October for Family, Friends & Christian Outreach - Never any cost. Visit: http://tomgraberfamily.com/?page_id=18

New CC firearm

Quote Originally Posted by farmermom View Post
    Thanks to all for all the advice on the Glock......still thinking.....want to be sure before I buy,,,,,,I have a 357 Ruger Security Six SS.....awsome gun but just to big and heavy for cc......I also have a 410 shotgun for home defense,,,so I am not without protection but I am looking for something I like to shoot and is also comfortable to carry. I drifted towards the Glocks because of the polymer frame which is very light for carrying. I also like the idea of not having to fiddle with a safety IF FORBID I would ever have to use it. They are also very tough and very easy to disassamble. I shot the Glock 17 today and I am thinking it might be the one. Thanks again and any more input is greatly appreciated. It is nice to get some other points of view.
    I had an older 1911 .45 and an older S&W 639 9mm which felt uncomfortable to carry, both 4" barrels. I purchased a S&W M&P 9mm with a 3.5" barrel last week and have found it very easy to carry with an inside the pants holster. I looked at the Glocks, S&W and XD, each had multiple calliber options . The S&W M&P 9mm just felt the best for me. The .45 and .40's were just to close in size to what I already had and I liked the smaller feel of the 9mm. It's so easy to wear I forget that I have it and really have to pay attention to the stupid window signs when walking into new buildings. I spent an hour in the range and I really like the safety, easy to turn on/off with shooting hand. I really didn't know anything about the XD company so leaned away from that but have done more research and they seem to be a quality item as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TGP View Post
    The 2nd Amendment right to bear arms is always being threatened by the liberal left. But, thanks to th NRA, with it's political clout, it's lobbyists, it's large membership and it's significant funding sources, they will always be there to target any and all opponents of CCW. If it appears that the WI CCW law is in jeopardy, they'll be here BIG TIME. Thy are not about to lose WI after 20 years of efforts to get it from 1 of only 2 states with no CC law to join the other 48. That's my opinion any way!
    Don't count on it they are watching how many are issued very closely. They already have vents planned depending on different levels of issued permits

TGP
    Regarding the possibility of CCW repeal

I think repeal is very unlikely. Certainly not as long as the Repubs are still in control. CCW passed the legislature previous years with both Repub and some Dem support. That was not the problem. Dem governor veto was the problem. Even if Gov Walker is recalled, which I think is unlikely. It's only happened for a Governor once or twice ever anywhere in the entire US in all US history. But, even if happened, thre is no guarantee a Dem would replace him. And, even if a Dem replaced him it is unlikely the State legislature, with both Repub & some Dem support for CCW would pass a repeal bill. I know of no other state that passed CCW (of all 49 CCW states) that ever repealed it. In fact, the trend is to the contrary. Arizona just passed constitutional carry in July 2010. Now 3 states have constitutional carry: Vermont, Alaska & Arizona. Further, WI just passed and the Governor signed the Castle Doctrine Law in WI a couple of weeks ago. This Is another tremendous achievement for 2nd Amendment and NRAs efforts.

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Don't count on it they are watching how many are issued very closely. They already have vents planned depending on different levels of issued permits
    Coud happen. That's why we need to be diligent and aware. However, with over 100,000 CCW permits likely ssued the first year, many of these registered Dems as well as Repubs, you'd have think twice about your reelection efforts if you opposed CCW. Repubs took legislature and governorship handily with just Repub support. Now add to that the Dem & independent CCW thankful supporters then couple that with NRA and ConcealedCarry organizations and other 2 Amendment supporters - I think we are safe for now. Then when violent crime drops as a result of CCW as it has in every other CCW state, the chances of repeal diminish significantly. That's my take on it anyway. If repeal looms - we need to organize and see that it doesn't succeed!

sent mine on Nov 10 the check was cashed 10 days ago.

Merry Christmas Buckman60.
    I agree with you. I am a retired federal LE officer of 30 years. That said, WI is a "not required to inform unless asked state." To do so without being asked is your choice and might be the right decision for you but not required or advisable in most circumstances. Thats why they wrote that provision into the law. Showing CCW when not required to may often result in many more questions that would not otherwise be the case. A rogue cop may ask for your weapon. May then call in to check your license. Possibly confiscate your weapon if ANY question exists, like gun registration, etc, etc.Compare this to open carry, which is legal in WI, to concealed carry. Those open carrying are stopped and questioned qute often by police, even though open carry is legal. If a policeman is suspicious bout anyone, maybe based on location and time of day or NIGHT, even if the person has a valid CCW, they could likely look for an opportunity to cite for a CCW violation in order to confiscate the weapon. For most this would never be a problem but many policemen are opposed to CCW and giving them a chance to challenge your CCW might be problematic.
    Thank you for your input. This is exactly the point i waa trying to make.
    MrMeanor likes this.

I think repeal is very unlikely. Certainly as long as the Repubs are still in control. CCW passed the legislature previous years with both Repub and some Dem support. That was not the problem. Dem governor veto was the problem. Even if Gov Walker is recalled, which I think is unlikely. It's only happened for a Governor once or twice ever anywhere in the entire US in all US history. But, even if happened, thre is no guarantee a Dem would replace him. And, even if a Dem replaced him it is unlikely the State legislature, with both Repub & some Dem support for CCW would pass a repeal bill. I know of no other state that passed CCW (of all 49 CCW states) that ever repealed it. In fact, the trend is to the contrary. Arizona just passed constitutional carry in July 2010. Now 3 states have constitutional carry: Vermont, Alaska & Arizona. Further, WI just passed and the Governor signed the Castle Doctrine Law in WI a couple of weeks ago. This Is another tremendous achievement for 2nd Amendment and NRAs efforts.
    I agree 100%, I have been an NRA member for many years and they ARE the driveing force that polices all things 2nd amendment. Without that driveing force this country would probably have gun laws similar or worse than many European countrys. But the NRA is only as powerfull as its membership and income wich IS substantial rite now and I for one will continue to support the NRA. Complete repeal would be a verry verry dificult road for even the most liberal majority in Govt I would think, that is why the liberal agenda is to start with added trainig and limiting where you can carry, already, there have been proposals to not allow carrying in gas stations. Local govt in many areas are trying to find ways around CC law. Local governments are takling about putting up fences arround local events in an effort to try to make the events conceal free. Their is a verry quiet movement to mandate additional training that is out there rite now. No sane liberal, and I know that they do not exist, but if they did, would attempt to go for an all out repeal. Quietly, piece by piece, over an extended period of time is there agenda. They have there feelers out and are testing the watters to see the best course of action as we speak. I am not speculating on this, it is their agenda. How fesible is that agenda? I realy dont know? But I will stand against it.

Coud happen. That's why we need to be diligent and aware. However, with over 100,000 CCW permits likely ssued the first year, many of these registered Dems as well as Repubs, you'd have think twice about your reelection efforts if you opposed CCW. Repubs took legislature and governorship handily with just Repub support. Now add to that the Dem & independent CCW thankful supporters then couple that with NRA and ConcealedCarry organizations and other 2 Amendment supporters - I think we are safe for now. Then when violent crime drops as a result of CCW as it has in every other CCW state, the chances of repeal diminish significantly. That's my take on it anyway. If repeal looms - we need to organize and see that it doesn't succeed!
    Another good point, crime rates will drop, and is's hard to argue against solid numbers.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    Well, now that my long wait for a permit is over, and the responsibility of carrying has begun, my focus will be turned to protecting this constitutionally undeniable rite that was finnaly restored to us. Carry safe! Their are plans in place rite now as we speak waiting to capitilize on unresponsable concealed carry bahavior and accidents. Anti gun/anti CC are in the shadows drooling over an oppertunity to capitlize on an accidental discharge, accidental killing, a child getting ahold of your gun because you failed to properly secure it and a long list of others. All of the anti carry plans ive turned up so far are designed to quietly take this rite away 1 piece at a time, little by little, untill any practical application of CC is gone. Accept nothing less than Constitutional carry. Its real easy to say well I guess a 30 day wait isnt the worst or I guess its just a class, I guess I can do that or I suppose they are rite I probably shouldnt carry in a gas station, store, park, and eventually my own home. DO NOT LET ANTI GUN POLITICS GET THERE FOOT IN THE DOOR! That is why it is only constitutional carry for me, I will not settle for less.

And right next to the CCW card in all of our wallets should be a NRA card!
    If you don't have one GET ONE!

Sponsored Links