Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 14

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Still waiting. My check was cashed the 17. Tomorrow will be a week. I mailed the 3rd.I don't suscribe to the 3 day thinking. I ...

Page 14 of 297 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Still waiting. My check was cashed the 17. Tomorrow will be a week. I mailed the 3rd.I don't suscribe to the 3 day thinking. I think its done in batches. Hard for me to to criticize the DOJ, they promised 45 days. Thanks again Gov Walker for getting this done. I will let you guys know when the mailman delivers the good news. My Glock needs to go for a ride.

pps

This is werid..

As an instructor we sent in 6 applications at the same time, same Priority mail envelope, well we waited our checks were cashed on the 14th..Well my wife got hers yesterday the 22nd, and another lady in the pack got hers, and I figured it would come today, well I called the post office and nothing!! now we got to wait till Friday..

I called the DOJ, and all I got was a rude man that quoted the 45 days..no way to find out if it was issued..anther guy that got processed a day after hers and got his in the mail, hers says the 19th..his said the 20th, so what the geez is going on down there, "Processed in order of received it says" well they got them the same day,, strange..

Sent November 1st
    Checks Cashed November 15th

Wife got hers the 22nd
    I'm still waiting..

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    It's a huge conspiracy! They are out to get you. NOT. It's really disorganization, lack of training, and too huge of a case load to manage. Add to it being handled by government workers and we should have expected nothing less. In fact they are actually doing better than I would have expected personally.

This said it's easy for me to be pragmatic as I got mine. Good presents are hard to have to wait for.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Looks like this batch is running late.

Mailed: November 2nd from Milwaukee, WI

Check Cashed: November 15

As of yesterday November 22 ....... No permit in the mail box.

Hope to receive it within the 45 days

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    It's a huge conspiracy! They are out to get you. NOT. It's really disorganization, lack of training, and too huge of a case load to manage. Add to it being handled by government workers and we should have expected nothing less. In fact they are actually doing better than I would have expected personally.

This said it's easy for me to be pragmatic as I got mine. Good presents are hard to have to wait for.
    It's not mismanagement. The process is being handled quite well outside of one thing. Processing the applications in order.

It appears that instead of having one pool of forms to draw from in the FiFo setup (First in, First out) supposed to be in place it appears that stacks are being given to some individuals/teams to work from instead. What we are seeing is that some of those individuals/teams are more efficient than others.

It's basically a modified FiFo processing system, and you are witnessing it in its best form when people are the random variable. Let's face it, they received 30,000 applications in the first few days, and are already done with more than a third of those applications in a third of the time given to process them. They are moving through them at a pretty good rate.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    It's not mismanagement. The process is being handled quite well outside of one thing. Processing the applications in order.

It appears that instead of having one pool of forms to draw from in the FiFo setup (First in, First out) supposed to be in place it appears that stacks are being given to some individuals/teams to work from instead. What we are seeing is that some of those individuals/teams are more efficient than others.

It's basically a modified FiFo processing system, and you are witnessing it in its best form when people are the random variable. Let's face it, they received 30,000 applications in the first few days, and are already done with more than a third of those applications in a third of the time given to process them. They are moving through them at a pretty good rate.
    Constitutes mismanagement in MHO. But I do agree "as I Said" thy are doing better than I expected.

All they needed to do was have one clerk to keep them in "REASONABLE" order of receipt. and hand them out to the teams in order in small batches which could be dealt with based on the teams skill levels or staffing.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Be it me, the anticipation, excitement, waiting, getting up set. But i do have a questiom, now me personally sent in a copy of proof of training through the military and backed it with a DD214... now i hear a bunch of people sending in proof of training through Hunters Safety course.... THIS IS NOT MENT AS AN INSULT!!!!! How many of you know the legal aspects of CC? How many know when Use Of Deadly Force can be justified? What about escalation of force? The mentality and how to prepare that when drawing your firearm for use of DF? And the responsibilities you take on when you assume said responsibility of CC? I dont know everything, so i am reading books, and looking in the fourms, asking for tips, and using this time while waiting for my permit to arrive. So God Forbid i ever have to use DF, i know when to, why to, and make sure it is justified.... I am 100% certian Hunters saftey doesnt corver this as i went through that class. Yes i am complaining about my permit not being here, but i am using this time to be sure i am prepared mentally, leagally, and use of proper trainning. Just suggesting that this would be a good time for that, and even after you get your permit as there is no such thing as too much training.

It would just be a shame, if two wisconsinites who CC get into an altercation and the one who went through hunters safety draws his weapon, unjustified and the other who had been training and knows legal regards for use of deadly force, has to use it on the other concealed carrier.....and is justified. You know who loses in that battle? The people of wisconsin. Makes CCW look like it was a bad idea. One CCw just took out another because of not proper training, and the criminals/felons win because that is one less GG out there.

Just a suggestion, not an insult.... read and continue to do trainning use the anticipation to better yourself for these responsibilities of CCW....

Good luck with your permits...
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Be it me, the anticipation, excitement, waiting, getting up set. But i do have a questiom, now me personally sent in a copy of proof of training through the military and backed it with a DD214... now i hear a bunch of people sending in proof of training through Hunters Safety course.... THIS IS NOT MENT AS AN INSULT!!!!! How many of you know the legal aspects of CC? How many know when Use Of Deadly Force can be justified? What about escalation of force? The mentality and how to prepare that when drawing your firearm for use of DF? And the responsibilities you take on when you assume said responsibility of CC? I dont know everything, so i am reading books, and looking in the fourms, asking for tips, and using this time while waiting for my permit to arrive. So God Forbid i ever have to use DF, i know when to, why to, and make sure it is justified.... I am 100% certian Hunters saftey doesnt corver this as i went through that class. Yes i am complaining about my permit not being here, but i am using this time to be sure i am prepared mentally, leagally, and use of proper trainning. Just suggesting that this would be a good time for that, and even after you get your permit as there is no such thing as too much training.

It would just be a shame, if two wisconsinites who CC get into an altercation and the one who went through hunters safety draws his weapon, unjustified and the other who had been training and knows legal regards for use of deadly force, has to use it on the other concealed carrier.....and is justified. You know who loses in that battle? The people of wisconsin. Makes CCW look like it was a bad idea. One CCw just took out another because of not proper training, and the criminals/felons win because that is one less GG out there.

Just a suggestion, not an insult.... read and continue to do trainning use the anticipation to better yourself for these responsibilities of CCW....

Go back in history here you will find more on this subject than you can imagine. My rule is NEVER plan nor expect to use the gun for any reason. If your ready to draw it out of it's holster then at that point you should be very sure if you don't you or someone you love is about to die of at least be injured very seriously.

getting closer

Well I am truly sorry for those who are still waiting I am at least part of the way there.
    Mailed mine in on the 7th from Madison post office
    check cashed 11/21/11
    as for the permit I am still waiting

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post

I understand and agree Jerp. Michigan requires a training course that includes the legal aspects of concealed carry, not just the proper use of firearms in a hunting situation. I think this is prudent, but I can see the point that other here have that the constitution does not mention require or restrict carry to those that have been trained. Two different schools of thought, and lots of wiggle room in between. Not training (no "permits" as far as that goes, because it's a god given right) all the way to the other extreme, require testing to prove proficiency with your hand gun.

Your scenario of two CPL holders facing off in a gun fight is a possiblilty, but hopefully we never see it come to this. We all like to think that those responsible enough to get a CPL are level headed enough to never be in the wrong, which one side or the other would must likely be in this case, but not everyone that has a CPL/CCW really has the mindset required. Unfortunatly some slip through the cracks.

pps
    The part that sucks is Tomorrow is "no Mail Day" bummer!!

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    I understand and agree Jerp. Michigan requires a training course that includes the legal aspects of concealed carry, not just the proper use of firearms in a hunting situation. I think this is prudent, but I can see the point that other here have that the constitution does not mention require or restrict carry to those that have been trained. Two different schools of thought, and lots of wiggle room in between. Not training (no "permits" as far as that goes, because it's a god given right) all the way to the other extreme, require testing to prove proficiency with your hand gun.

Your scenario of two CPL holders facing off in a gun fight is a possiblilty, but hopefully we never see it come to this. We all like to think that those responsible enough to get a CPL are level headed enough to never be in the wrong, which one side or the other would must likely be in this case, but not everyone that has a CPL/CCW really has the mindset required. Unfortunatly some slip through the cracks.
    I do believe, it is a god given right. 100%. But the concern, for me anyways, is that as i do believe it is a god given right, under some "non-senseable" rules/laws that man based on personal opinions of weapons. For example, felons cannot possess a firearm yet it is a god given right? Now to contradict myself, i believe in that rule/law man has established because of their (the felon) choices.

It is your right to carry, but law of man says, if you use it you have to follow said rules/laws of using it. Now that sounds like a set-up for failure to me... ok you know about hunting saftey so here you go, carry and defend, just remember there are rules. Well with the hunters class they do not explain said rules. My personal opinion, is that those who are ignorant to look up rules, are doomed to be imprisoned. Tough they might have actually defended themselves rightly, was it done to rules that man established that was never explained to them?
    It was the lawmakers, who entrusted the right to carry (to those who can by law), to be responsible enough to look said laws up. And that is their choice, but the wrong ones they make could land them in jail, or worse make that wrong choice their last...

So, i guess what i am saying is, if ( i say if because IL still hasnt gotten the hint) the government lets you exercise your right to carry, and requires minimal trainning. Be responsible about your responsiblities, and learn said rules governing your rights. And if your government has implemented the stricter laws/rules governing training for carry, i can see where they come from, because they dont wanna imprision you for making a mistake, and not knowing it. They arent trying to say that you arent responsible enough on your own to look the laws up, they are adding more security to try and not throw someone in prison who defended themselves. If they didnt think you were responsible enough to look up the laws, would they allow hunters safety to qualify as training?

I was just trying to help people cover their own butts in the legal aspect of carrying in a state that just passed CCW. So that way when they use deadly force, it is legal and the government cant look at people and go "I told you so".
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

probably should start a new thread for this topic

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    probably should start a new thread for this topic
    Thats what i was thinking just after i posted that..... but ive said what i had to.. im good, was just trying to shoot some advice that would help with the anticipation of waiting for the permit, speaking of today is day 9 since check chased.... hope its at home tonight...

Well NOTHING today AGAIN!!!

Links