Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by presa_dad Well today is day 45 and I received a denial letter. Apparently I'm a drug addict! Now I have to get ...

Page 140 of 296 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 4440
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by presa_dad View Post
    Well today is day 45 and I received a denial letter. Apparently I'm a drug addict! Now I have to get fingerprinted and send that to the Crime Information Bureau to appeal THEIR mistake. I can only imagine how long this will take. Grrrrrrrr!!!
    Would this not have come up when you purchased Fire arms? Without asking you to go into details is this one of those not you things?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    R

i am afraid the same thing will happen to me.any idea why you were denied?
    The reason stated in the letter was : Unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any controlled substance.

A quick search of Wisconsin Court Access turned up two people with my name that have multiple drug convictions, one is a felon. Their birthdays, however, are drastically different than mine. Obviously the DOJ searches your name, then doesn't cross check with birthday and DL#. Being able to provide your social security # on the app would have prevented this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Would this not have come up when you purchased Fire arms? Without asking you to go into details is this one of those not you things?
    It certainly would have! The DOJ has mistaken me for someone else. I have purchased several guns in the last few months, and pass the background check in minutes. I also provide my social security # on gun forms. I am pretty sure this could have been avoided if you could give your ss# on the application.

It certainly would have! The DOJ has mistaken me for someone else. I have purchased several guns in the last few months, and pass the background check in minutes. I also provide my social security # on gun forms. I am pretty sure this could have been avoided if you could give your ss# on the application.
    The reason I ask is this could be an indication someone is now or has been using your ID it happens more than you think.

That stinks SS# would have helped. I use mine on all handgun purchase forms. I do agree that number sure would have helped.

Fl has fingerprint requirement can you imagine if they had us do that in Wisconsin none of us would get our permits until March.

Well take the steps to correct it that will seperate you from the other guy with your name.

Enjoy your Christmas and maybe get out and shoot some ammo. I shot about 150 rounds today felt great.

Hang in there everyone who is waiting.

Happy New Year.

wix
    Got mine today (day 44). #35xxx

Merry Xmas all.
    Ramjet, MrMeanor and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Well for darn sure none are coming tomorrow so that is a freebe for DOJ enjoy the day.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

The reason stated in the letter was : Unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any controlled substance.

A quick search of Wisconsin Court Access turned up two people with my name that have multiple drug convictions, one is a felon. Their birthdays, however, are drastically different than mine. Obviously the DOJ searches your name, then doesn't cross check with birthday and DL#. Being able to provide your social security # on the app would have prevented this.
    Are you telling us everything? I mean the DOJ cross references us from several different directions?
    Last edited by AIRWAR; December 24th, 2011 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wix View Post

Merry Xmas all.
    Congrats!!! Merry Christmas!!

Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    Are you telling us everything? I mean the DOJ cross references us from several different directions?
    Obviously the DOJ doesn't cross reference nearly as good as you think. Only thing on my record are a few traffic tickets from 20+ years ago! After poking around on the Criminal Information Bureau website, their criminal background check system is flawed at best. They search by name and birth date, so if you have a similar name and birth date as someone else, you may get their record mixed up with yours. Can't help but think that it's easier for the DOJ to just send out a denial than to spend the time to actually confirm an identity since they planned the application process so poorly. The offences they claim disqualify me from a CCW license would also prevent me from buying guns, and I clear the background check in minutes whenever I buy a gun. However, I always provide my SS# on gun forms to avoid identity problems. I'm amazed no one at the DOJ was smart enough to have applicants include their SS# to avoid problems like this. Luckily I have a family member who is a LEO and can fingerprint me tomorrow, and I can hand deliver my appeal to Madison first thing Tuesday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    If they did repeal it, would that strip us? or any future permits being issued? I'm thinking we would almost have to be grandfathered in?
    If the CCW is repealed then yes we would stripped from carrying. There will be no grandfathering. That is why our fight to carry will never be over as there is a force out there what is dying [pun] to rid the US of all guns.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    Why should you tell them if you are not requiree to. If they ask then yo have to tell but if they dont ask then you have no obligation to tell. Never volunteer information. Any lawyer will tell you that. Telling the police any information can only be used against you not for you. Comply with all laws and never volunteer any information unless required by law. Anyone else agree?
    Comes down to this. Each and everyone of us have to decide individually whether to inform and officer that you have a permit and are carry. The law put it on law enforcement to ask. I believe in Ohio permit holders are mandated to inform law enforcement immediately.

Since there is no one right way let's leave it at each of us has to decide what to do in such a situation.

What if you get pulled over from an officer such as the one in the below. And yes, there are officers out there like this one. Rare but there.
    http://ohioccw.org/201107214955/cantonpd.html
    MrMeanor likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by wix View Post

Merry Xmas all.
    congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    Another good point, crime rates will drop, and is's hard to argue against solid numbers.
    The numbers of gun owners and firearms, RTC states, and people carrying firearms for protection, have risen to all-time highs, and through 2008 the nation’s murder rate has decreased 46 percent to a 43-year low, and the total violent crime rate has decreased 41 percent to a 35-year low. Preliminary data reported by the FBI indicate that violent crime decreased further in the first half of 2009.

RTC reduces crime: Studying crime trends in every county in the U.S., John Lott and David Mustard concluded, “allowing citizens to carry concealed weapons deters violent crimes. . . . [W]hen state concealed handgun laws went into effect in a county, murders fell by 8.5 percent, and rapes and aggravated assaults fell by 5 and 7 percent.”
    rstanek, Ramjet and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Well today is day 45 and I received a denial letter. Apparently I'm a drug addict! Now I have to get fingerprinted and send that to the Crime Information Bureau to appeal THEIR mistake. I can only imagine how long this will take. Grrrrrrrr!!!
    Sooooooo sorry to hear.......hope it all works out SOON......
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Links