Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 141

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by alandh Why should you tell them if you are not requiree to. If they ask then yo have to tell but if ...

Page 141 of 297 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 4453
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    Why should you tell them if you are not requiree to. If they ask then yo have to tell but if they dont ask then you have no obligation to tell. Never volunteer information. Any lawyer will tell you that. Telling the police any information can only be used against you not for you. Comply with all laws and nerver volunteer any information unless required by law. Anyone else agree?
    I tend to disagree with this one, although there are certainly encounters with Leo which I would not volunteer that I'm carrying. Mostly due to the reason or the personality of the cop him/her self. In general tho most Leo's are first and last worried about an armed BG in any contact. It makes sense to me to advise the Leo right up front that I am carrying legally. I feel this would put him/her more at ease knowing the extent of the situation than they normally would be. Anything that demonstrate my honesty, willingness to cooperate, and that I'm a good guy can only make my encounter more positive IMHO
    WD54241, AIRWAR and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Good morning and Merry Christmas, house full of very tired Grandchildren, Thomas the train all over the place,Mickey Mouse you name it.
    Today we will pray we can fix this country and maybe they will not have to worry about carrying a weapon. It is up to us to take it back.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Maverickx50 I totally agree. The idea a rouge LEO is going to take your weapon without cause is much smaller than you making them feel uncomfortable by not telling them. Also most departments have dash cams. Well said and too the point.

Thomas the Train I remember that. Funny now my kids are young adults so GPS and Kindles. A few more years and I get to buy them handguns.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    Maverickx50 I totally agree. The idea a rouge LEO is going to take your weapon without cause is much smaller than you making them feel uncomfortable by not telling them. Also most departments have dash cams. Well said and too the point.

Thomas the Train I remember that. Funny now my kids are young adults so GPS and Kindles. A few more years and I get to buy them handguns.
    Just be careful in places like Madison LEO there are just waiting for the chance to take you down , they will make up a reason . You hear some of them bagging about who's going to nail the first tea party redneck with a gun. Sad but thats the world we live in now.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Just be careful in places like Madison LEO there are just waiting for the chance to take you down , they will make up a reason . You hear some of them bagging about who's going to nail the first tea party redneck with a gun. Sad but thats the world we live in now.
    I don't drink tea LOL Come to think about it the original tea partiers probably didn't either as they threw it into the ocean. But yes I know what your saying and would think twice before announcing in any of the big 3 cities.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    Why should you tell them if you are not requiree to. If they ask then yo have to tell but if they dont ask then you have no obligation to tell. Never volunteer information. Any lawyer will tell you that. Telling the police any information can only be used against you not for you. Comply with all laws and nerver volunteer any information unless required by law. Anyone else agree?
    There are consequences for every decision we make. Obviously you are going to deal with that consequence. Value and Respect are not issued, when that Law Enforcement Officer grants you neither as a result of "your right to deny or hide that CCW information" and thus retain that dangerous risk in his job, just keep saying that to yourself. You will really deserve what ever happens, because you refused to eliminate his risk. Nice cat and mouse phyilosophy alandh, markush, and some of you have here. TGP, I am suprised with you, because (if) you as a 30 year Law Enforcement Officer, should have that information, so as to safely preform your dangerous job, and return to your family at night. There is nothing to fear by being open and honest with the law, unless .............................................(you chosen few).................. finish that sentence?

My WI. CCW Permit Statistics

Applied & Hand delivered to DOJ: 11/01/2011
    Check # 4548 Cleared: 11/07/2011
    Permit #39 received via USPS: 11/02/2011
    Last edited by AIRWAR; December 25th, 2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: was still developeing my responce

Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    There are consequences for every decision we make. Obviously you are going to deal with that consequence. Value and Respect are not issued, and when that Law Enforcement Officer grants you neither as a result of your right to take the dangerous risk out of his job, just keep saying that to yourself. And you will really deserve what ever happens. Nice cat and mouse phyilosophy all of you have here, there is nothing to fear by being open and honest with the law, unless .............................................you finish that sentence!
    Until last year I had believed that The law and LEO officer were 99% good and would do right. I had the highest respect for them.
    Last year they lost all of that except for a few they are not anything about Law enforcement any more. Was a SAD but necessary wake up call.

One of the reasons you wear a very small digital recorder when you carry concealed. I for one think that most officers are good those that re not will get weeded out. Pulling stunt in front of the dash cam would be really stupid and if you are within the law have faith you will prevail.

Too add to that thought if you didn't tell a officer as described by you and they found out then how do you think they will react?

Full disclosure for me and my digital recorder will be running whenever I carry concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    I tend to disagree with this one, although there are certainly encounters with Leo which I would not volunteer that I'm carrying. Mostly due to the reason or the personality of the cop him/her self. In general tho most Leo's are first and last worried about an armed BG in any contact. It makes sense to me to advise the Leo right up front that I am carrying legally. I feel this would put him/her more at ease knowing the extent of the situation than they normally would be. Anything that demonstrate my honesty, willingness to cooperate, and that I'm a good guy can only make my encounter more positive IMHO
    To each there own! I agree with maverick. I will not speak of the LEO in your area but as for my area I will speak. The cops around here are very young fresh out of the academy. If I encounter them and they ask for Id I'm supplying them my DL & CC permit. I'm old enough to know if I am asked for ID than the games have begun. I'm sure not going to go through the process and not mention that I'm carrying chancing he than asks me to exit the car and asks if I have any weapons etc, Oh well by the way officer now that you mention it yes I do! The officer at that point will have a attitude and say something like why didn't I inform him from the start? And I'm sure not going to attempt to be a lawyer at this point and try to quote law to him. Nope not me. I'll show them the respect he deserves and in return expect him to show me the same respect in return.
    AIRWAR and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by presa_dad View Post
    Obviously the DOJ doesn't cross reference nearly as good as you think. Only thing on my record are a few traffic tickets from 20+ years ago! After poking around on the Criminal Information Bureau website, their criminal background check system is flawed at best. They search by name and birth date, so if you have a similar name and birth date as someone else, you may get their record mixed up with yours. Can't help but think that it's easier for the DOJ to just send out a denial than to spend the time to actually confirm an identity since they planned the application process so poorly. The offences they claim disqualify me from a CCW license would also prevent me from buying guns, and I clear the background check in minutes whenever I buy a gun. However, I always provide my SS# on gun forms to avoid identity problems. I'm amazed no one at the DOJ was smart enough to have applicants include their SS# to avoid problems like this. Luckily I have a family member who is a LEO and can fingerprint me tomorrow, and I can hand deliver my appeal to Madison first thing Tuesday morning.
    I agree this form should have asked for a SSN, and that would have cleared anything up. But I suspose some people (if illegal or never worked) don't even have that

I agree this form should have asked for a SSN, and that would have cleared anything up. But I suspose some people (if illegal or never worked) don't even have that
    Your absolutely right! It was very stupid on the part of the DJ not to require your SS# in conjunction with your DL. Cross checking would have been a snap.

Merry Christmas WD54241
    Last edited by AIRWAR; December 25th, 2011 at 05:37 PM.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Yea, suppose your right. Typical governmental policy, punish the haves because of the have nots

Cool Couple questions

I sent it off on nov 20
    Chrck got cashed on
    Nov 30
    When do i start counting days??

And do i have to inform the cops i have a permit and im carrying if i get pulled over for speeding or whatever?

Thanks!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alivefive View Post
    I sent it off on nov 20
    Chrck got cashed on
    Nov 30
    When do i start counting days??
    And do i have to inform the cops i have a permit and im carrying if i get pulled over for speeding or whatever?

Thanks!
    No real pattern seems about 30 to 40 days after check was cashed when mailed in NOV. Except for reject ones they been making the 45 for ones summited before to Dec. 1
    No your are not required to unless ask. But as you can see we have been debating if it is a good idea to do so anyway.
    I speak only for myself I am handing them the CC permit with License right away. Not going to give him a reason to shoot me. As for the throwing you to the ground thing they do that anyway.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Sponsored Links