Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by AIRWAR Merry Christmas WD54241 There had to be some logic as to why DOJ did not require a SSN? But we all ...

Page 142 of 296 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 4440
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    Merry Christmas WD54241

There had to be some logic as to why DOJ did not require a SSN? But we all have to wonder why? How do you place
    XDM 45 3.8
    XD 9 sc
    Glock 32
    on your posts?
    Go to settings, click edit signature. add what you like when done scroll down and click save

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Alivefive View Post
    I sent it off on nov 20
    Chrck got cashed on
    Nov 30
    When do i start counting days??

And do i have to inform the cops i have a permit and im carrying if i get pulled over for speeding or whatever?

Thanks!
    Estimate 3 days in mail. I would start day one Nov 23. Subtract 1 day for thanks giving. I don't know how many days for Christmas they will be closed.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Merry christmas to everyone!!!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Estimate 3 days in mail. I would start day one Nov 23. Subtract 1 day for thanks giving. I don't know how many days for Christmas they will be closed.
    wHEN YOU GET YOUR PERMIT RUBBERBAND OR PAPERCLIP IT TO YOUR LICENSE.

[QUOTE=Alivefive;2113774]I sent it off on nov 20
    Chrck got cashed on
    Nov 30

And do i have to inform the cops i have a permit and im carrying if i get pulled over for speeding or whatever?When permit arrives in mail it will have a phamlet overviewing the do and do nots. W.I. is not a madaotory notifiy state meaning unless your asked you don't have to tell them your armed. It is strongly recommended to inform the cop that your armed. I've got mine paper cliped to my license. No chance of mix ups. The cop will ask you if armed. If you are tell him yes and if your unarmed tell him no not today
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Thanks WD54241
    My WI. CCW Permit Statistics
    Applied & Hand delivered to DOJ: 11/01/2011
    Check # 4548 Cleared: .............. 11/07/2011
    Permit #39 received via USPS: .... 11/02/2011

Merry christmas everyone!!!!!!!!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

LC9
    Ugh... just got home after 2 days at the folks home, was thinking for sure my permit would be waiting.... Nope. I guess that 1/1/12 will be day 45 for me... assuming at this point they'll use the whole time frame.

Sucks.. because I got 2 magazines, and a magazine carrier that conceals 2 extra mags for Christmas (IWB). Want to use it so bad!!! Got my LC9 at 4:45 and the mag carrier at 6:45.

Quote Originally Posted by LC9 View Post
    Ugh... just got home after 2 days at the folks home, was thinking for sure my permit would be waiting.... Nope. I guess that 1/1/12 will be day 45 for me... assuming at this point they'll use the whole time frame.

Sucks.. because I got 2 magazines, and a magazine carrier that conceals 2 extra mags for Christmas (IWB). Want to use it so bad!!! Got my LC9 at 4:45 and the mag carrier at 6:45.
    Well we know it will not be tomorrow. That is the holiday so no mail on Monday. They are working tonight sorting but no Deliveries tomorrow.
    LC9 is a good choice for many not to small but easy to carry. Recoil is not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Alivefive View Post
    I sent it off on nov 20
    Chrck got cashed on
    Nov 30

And do i have to inform the cops i have a permit and im carrying if i get pulled over for speeding or whatever?

Thanks!
    As Smitty901 has stated there is a debate going on right now on this forum over that issue. The law states that the officer is suppose to inquire concerning permit. In the pamphlet you get from the DOJ it suggests you notify the officer immediately and calmly tell the officer you have a permit and are carrying. Keep in mind this is a suggestion from the DOJ and not the law.

Now you can see why there is a debate on this issue. Simply put this is no different than the Pepsi vs Coke debate...... never ending. Maybe someone needs to contact the representative(s) that wrote up the bill and ask them their reasoning for the language in 175.60 (2g)(c) which absolves the permit holding to notify rather than using the Ohio language which mandates permit holders to notify immediately.
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    As Smitty901 has stated there is a debate going on right now on this forum over that issue. The law states that the officer is suppose to inquire concerning permit. In the pamphlet you get from the DOJ it suggests you notify the officer immediately and calmly tell the officer you have a permit and are carrying. Keep in mind this is a suggestion from the DOJ and not the law.

Now you can see why there is a debate on this issue. Simply put this is no different than the Pepsi vs Coke debate...... never ending. Maybe someone needs to contact the representative(s) that wrote up the bill and ask them their reasoning for the language in 175.60 (2g)(c) which absolves the permit holding to notify rather than using the Ohio language which mandates permit holders to notify immediately.
    Good question why was it wrote that way.
    The reason is. This is Wisconsin and had it been worded like Ohio's LEO and DA's in places like Madison would have said you did not tell them fast enough and charged you.
    They were well aware of the games that were already being planned out to mess with anyone carrying.
    There were all kinds of attempts to write gotya's into the bill .
    WD54241 likes this.

I've spoken with a couple cops in my city and in the next town over. After talking with them it seems "and this is not a scientific study" that the cops are split 50 / 50 some are ok with it and the others are 100% against it! I'm wondering of the ones who are against it what % are going to make life unpleasant for us? Theres not much they could do legally except write tickets for every infraction on our cars plate lights, window tinting, tail light out etc.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I've spoken with a couple cops in my city and in the next town over. After talking with them it seems "and this is not a scientific study" that the cops are split 50 / 50 some are ok with it and the others are 100% against it! I'm wondering of the ones who are against it what % are going to make life unpleasant for us? Theres not much they could do legally except write tickets for every infraction on our cars plate lights, window tinting, tail light out etc.
    Right, what WD54241 said..........
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Smile Happy Holidays

Marry X-mas to all and I hope everyone ccw or no ccw are is safe. to those still waiting my hope is with you and to those who have it congrats, warm wishes to all.

<---- (This smiley is not allowed to carry at the moment. lol) Always remember if drinking do it responsibly.
    WD54241 likes this.

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Good question why was it wrote that way.The reason is. This is Wisconsin and had it been worded like Ohio's LEO and DA's in places like Madison would have said you did not tell them fast enough and charged you.They were well aware of the games that were already being planned out to mess with anyone carrying.There were all kinds of attempts to write gotya's into the bill .
    Exactly!
    The Gathering Place - Open: May - October for Family, Friends & Christian Outreach - Never any cost. Visit: http://tomgraberfamily.com/?page_id=18

Links