Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jerp Update! Sent: Nov. 3, 06:30 from west allis post office Recieved by WIDOJ: Nov. 7 Check cashed: Nov. 15. Permit recieved:??????? ...

Page 144 of 296 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 4440
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Update!

Sent: Nov. 3, 06:30 from west allis post office
    Recieved by WIDOJ: Nov. 7
    Check cashed: Nov. 15.
    Permit recieved:???????

Driving to madison tomorrow to figure out WTH is going on.... PRICELESS
    Be cool very, very cool or your tail will end up in jail. You don't have to do anything wrong or illegal to find your self in a world of trouble there .
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by vista461 View Post
    Well this good thread took a turn for the worse. So we're on to cop hating now?
    Seems we happened upon another Pepsi vs Coke issue that will never get total agreement on either side. However we still need to be vigilant of how law enforcement operates in America. History and presently in other countries it shows how abusive they can get when left unchecked.

Are there good and bad law enforcement officer, of course there is and always have been. I would venture to say there are more good ones. Unfortunately as with many other laws this part of the law really ends up in "our court" because if we don't inform them immediately some officer will "go off" on us believing we tried to 'hide" something. Then as someone stated we may up paying an attorney to show the law was on our side. It is a shame that it has gotten to the point where we obey the law, in certain situations, it can turn into "The Nightmare From Hell".

Maybe the issue lies in the law enforcement departments is not having a policy on what officers should do in stop situations. I believe many problems could be solved if the officers were required by there rules to ask if one has a permit the same as asking for the drivers license. If I were an officer it would be my policy to ask in order to get that out of the way immediately. Last week I asked a West Allis officer if there was a department policy and he told me no. He said personally he is always ready when he does stops.

As to the video on the 'rouge' officer the following link has more data on that situation. There was suppose to be a postponed from September 7th disciplinary hearing on the officer December 1. No data on outcome or whether it even took place. I do believe the permit holder attempted to inform the officer but the officer interrupted him before he could could get it out. Also as the video clear shows the driver (permit holder) was never approached until 5 minutes after the stop.
    Canton PD Notification Arrest & Officer Conduct
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Update!

Sent: Nov. 3, 06:30 from west allis post office
    Recieved by WIDOJ: Nov. 7
    Check cashed: Nov. 15.
    Permit recieved:???????

Driving to madison tomorrow to figure out WTH is going on.... PRICELESS
    I might see you there. I'm gonna deliver my appeal form and fingerprints tomorrow. Hopefully this will fix their mistake and get me my permit. Good luck!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vista461 View Post
    Well this good thread took a turn for the worse. So we're on to cop hating now?
    No not at all, were figuring that the civilian in the video wont be making a donation to the local PBA " Police Benevolent Association" chapter thats all.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Be cool very, very cool or your tail will end up in jail. You don't have to do anything wrong or illegal to find your self in a world of trouble there .
    Yah, The DOJ may not be the best place to go rouge, Calmly inquire, but do not settle for the run-around, Remember, you are the the one on the rite side of the law here. The DOJ has went beond the time frame, however, there is no specific penilty for doing so. Say our driveing laws were not backed by steep fines, Say the law simply stated "a driver is required to drive at the roads posted speed limit" but there is no fine whatsoever for speeding. You are late for work.... How fast are you driveing? Just inquire with a stubborn respect, You are on the rite side of the law and want to stay that way, And the DOJ is the law..... or at least that is generally their thinking on it, wrong as that may be. I would certainly think they at the verry least owe you an explanation, and should certainly correct the problem that caused this, and put you into the hurry up pile, lets just hope the hurry up pile isnt the 21 day pile? lol, I feel for you, just try to keep it in perspective, and get the answers you deserve. And if the runaround is all you are granted, calmly leave and call your represenitive, at least that would be step 2 for me? Others may advise you to call your representitive immediatly, and I wont argue that, maby they are rite? IDK?
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

I will once again urge caution . The point of view you take and the one they take will only have one thing in common. That will be the point where you calmly except what they say and walk away. or they show you who the power is.
    There is no one in government the thinks for a minute they own you anything.
    You do not have to be a threat all they have to do is perceive you to be one you lose.
    Ask your question quietly a politely if you can not except what they give you. Walk away and contact your representative let them talk for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    Yah, The DOJ may not be the best place to go rouge, Calmly inquire, but do not settle for the run-around, Remember, you are the the one on the rite side of the law here. The DOJ has went beond the time frame, however, there is no specific penilty for doing so. Say our driveing laws were not backed by steep fines, Say the law simply stated "a driver is required to drive at the roads posted speed limit" but there is no fine whatsoever for speeding. You are late for work.... How fast are you driveing? Just inquire with a stubborn respect, You are on the rite side of the law and want to stay that way, And the DOJ is the law..... or at least that is generally their thinking on it, wrong as that may be. I would certainly think they at the verry least owe you an explanation, and should certainly correct the problem that caused this, and put you into the hurry up pile, lets just hope the hurry up pile isnt the 21 day pile? lol, I feel for you, just try to keep it in perspective, and get the answers you deserve. And if the runaround is all you are granted, calmly leave and call your represenitive, at least that would be step 2 for me? Others may advise you to call your representitive immediatly, and I wont argue that, maby they are rite? IDK?
    The lady you will speak to probably wont divulge any real info pertaining to you. Any complaints you file while there will stay within that office. Your best option is to contact your law maker and raise the roof by email or letter. The more the people do this the more it will come to the publics attention. In either event good luck.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

vista461, No no one is cop hating.
    jerp, Don't drive to Madison, calmly wait, practice the demeanor your going to need. This could have been done on 11/01/11 @ 08:00am, now is not the time. Just Wait!
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    My WI. CCW Permit Statistics
    Applied & Hand delivered to DOJ: 11/01/2011
    Check # 4548 Cleared: .............. 11/07/2011
    Permit #39 received via USPS: .... 11/02/2011

I will probably take a little heat for this but here is one mans opinion on the cop hateing issue. The answer to this correctly stated coke versus pepsi delema is.... penis envy.... I have officers in my family, also have some friends that are officers. There are realy only 2 reasons why one would take any job of athority. Reason #1, You want to make a differance in your comunity, you want to help, you want to SERVE AND PROTECT. These are the officers who have earned our respect, these guys are the good guys, They will be there to protect you and your family, risking personal injury or even death. These guys are AWSOME! And it is unfortunate that because of the officers who became cops for reason #2, these great examples of leadership and athority have soiled reputations. Reason #2, Penis envy, these are the guys who were a little off or goofy in high school, we picked on them in the locker room, we made them cry, they regularly said things that got themselfs beat up, these guys went on to positions of power, they have craved it, they have never had it, it is a driveing lust in there charicter. These guys became Bad cops, your mean boss, and many others, they are usually wearing suits or uniforms. Not all suits and uniforms are bad, just the ones we created by beating them down. So on the verry rair ocasion I encounter a bad cop, a try to imagine how I would act if I also had a small penis. And I also make absolutly sure not to group every officer of the law in that catigory because of a TINY minority (pardon the pun) LOL. Now I know this example is crude at best, but it is hard to deny the truth hidden in these words. We truly do reap what we sow. I would also like to add, if a good cop isnt getting the respect he deserves, the culperate probably suffers from the most extreme case of penis envy.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    vista461, No no one is cop hating.
    jerp, Don't drive to Madison, calmly wait, practice the demeanor your going to need. This could have been done on 11/01/11 @ 08:00am, now is not the time. Just Wait!
    AIRWAR may just be rite, it is entirly possible that a drive to madison will do little other than burn your gass. When I called the DOJ after waiting for ever I spoke to a real person that basicky gives you a Q-card response, be a shame to drive a distance for that response.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

I do not hate the cops! I resent the fact someone would insinuate that! I respect the uniform and what it represents. Cops are no different than any other person or occupation. I do not place them on a alter nor do I worship them. You have good doctors and bad, good teachers and bad etc. That cop freely chose his career path no one forced him. Sadly the cop in the video was as bad as they come! What is more disturbing is that this cop has had similar encounters! My question is why didn't any one on the force report him as a loose cannon? Is there any truth to that code of silence? Why has he not been evaluated by proper mental health professionals? Oh sure now he will be, but the deeds are done. The Law up here was crafted cleverly to protect the permit holders rights. I also strongly believe it would be wise to inform any LEO during any motor vehicle stop by handing your Drivers license & permit at the same time. If asked answer honestly and keep it as professional as possible the least amount of interaction will serve you best.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

If they called in your plate wouldn't the dispatcher know and let the officer know as well that the driver has a CCW Permit?

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    If they called in your plate wouldn't the dispatcher know and let the officer know as well that the driver has a CCW Permit?
    From what I have read no. They have to have probable cause to check if the person, there are stiff penalties for simply checking on that with there computers in the car. I'm sure they could fabricate one during a motor vehicle stop. I'm sure at some point the anti gun crowd will pass legislation allowing the cop access to that prior to turning on his lights.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    From what I have read no. They have to have probable cause to check if the person, there are stiff penalties for simply checking on that with there computers in the car. I'm sure they could fabricate one during a motor vehicle stop. I'm sure at some point the anti gun crowd will pass legislation allowing the cop access to that prior to turning on his lights.
    Actually I don't see anything wrong with them knowing before approaching the car.

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    Actually I don't see anything wrong with them knowing before approaching the car.
    It may cause the officer to formulate all kinds of opinions about you before he even aproaches the car. Remember those against CC in most cases have a pre-conceved notion of who you are, and that notion generally isnt good.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Links