Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 145

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jerp Update! Sent: Nov. 3, 06:30 from west allis post office Recieved by WIDOJ: Nov. 7 Check cashed: Nov. 15. Permit recieved:??????? ...

Page 145 of 297 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 4453
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Update!

Sent: Nov. 3, 06:30 from west allis post office
    Recieved by WIDOJ: Nov. 7
    Check cashed: Nov. 15.
    Permit recieved:???????

Driving to Madison tomorrow to figure out WTH is going on.... PRICELESS
    If you look at the previous post you will realize going to the DOJ to inquire where your permit will futile at best. More than likely you will come away more frustrated then you already are.

Your application is in some bin, pile on someone's desk along with all the others and will be issued whenever. Like I stated check out the older posts. Many of us, including me, that sent their applications in after November 1 have gotten our permits before those that sent them on the first. It is plain to see as of now the DOJ has no real workable system for issuing permits. Case in point is my application:
    Mailed: November 9 [from West Allis]
    Check cleared: November 21
    Issued: December 5
    Received: December 7
    By rights you should have gotten your permit already and before mine. Most likely you will get a 'stock' answer that your application is being processed and you will get it soon. Or something to that effect. I do feel for you and all the others that have not gotten the permit.

Quote Originally Posted by presa_dad View Post
    I might see you there. I'm gonna deliver my appeal form and fingerprints tomorrow. Hopefully this will fix their mistake and get me my permit. Good luck!
    Pres_dad, please do inform us as to the outcome if you do or do not get your permit. Hopefully you will prevail in your appeal. Good luck.
    Last edited by SIXTO; December 27th, 2011 at 02:54 AM.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    Actually I don't see anything wrong with them knowing before approaching the car.
    I really have no problem with it myself. If anything I think the LEO approaching the car will have a little more respect and courtesy. I'm sure both driver and cop will be nervous until a rapport has been established.
    Jpeetz and THEONLYGHOST like this.

LC9
    Off topic comment, but:

@kathie63 - I'm buying a Kangaroo Carry holster because of one of your posts.. I'll be sure to include that in my notes of purchase, hopefully you get a small credit or something on your next purchase (unlikely though).
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LC9 View Post
    Off topic comment, but:

@kathie63 - I'm buying a Kangaroo Carry holster because of one of your posts.. I'll be sure to include that in my notes of purchase, hopefully you get a small credit or something on your next purchase (unlikely though).
    What post was that? Just curious, I don't remember posting for this holster.

LC9
    Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    What post was that? Just curious, I don't remember posting for this holster.
    I thought it was you.. someone must have a similar avatar. I just did a search for kangaroo by your username and found nothing. I remember clicking a link to their site from a post here and the avatar had a pink barrel.

Anyways.. that holster solves my carrying problem for button downs tucked in. I travel for work alot.

Flag is up on my mailbox. Will be watching for mailman. Everyone wish me luck on permit tomarrow. Check cashed 11-23. Thanks.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

The issue many LEO is this~(not all but some) prior to this law they were the only ones who would or could carry a firearm day to day. That right was reserved exclusively for them. Now with the swipe of pen everybody has that right. We have impeded on thier exculsive club so to speak.The other thing that comes up during conversations is the fact that there are allot of peope who are on Zoloft and other prescriptions that have an impact on emotions or designed to reduce depression. These are not on the list to stop one from carrying. Should they be? I do not know but can understand how uneasy the LEO feel. Heck that makes me uneasy. Another issue is the lack of training required. For a LEO to carry they need extensive training and retraining. Us well hunters safety course. Again to saying this bad just saying I understand the position some LEO have with this issue.

I appreciate and trust most LEO will handle this professionally and without incident.

Hope tomorrow brings some permits be safe and aware.
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Ram, while I understand where you are coming from regarding anti-depressants, I like many am prescribed to them, though for other circumstances. I can see where many would take issue with that, though given the circumstances for prescription I feel it would be a gross injustice to my 2nd amendment right being denied for that reason. Though again, I fully understand where one would be concerned with people being prescribed such medication. Will see tomorrow whether my permit comes or not. I sent it in late and MO was cashed 12-6. So, assuming the "21 day rule" I should be receiving it any day. Though, it would suck for those who sent it in weeks prior. Good luck everyone and be safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    The issue many LEO is this~(not all but some) prior to this law they were the only ones who would or could carry a firearm day to day. That right was reserved exclusively for them. Now with the swipe of pen everybody has that right. We have impeded on their exclusive club so to speak.The other thing that comes up during conversations is the fact that there are a lot of people who are on Zoloft and other prescriptions that have an impact on emotions or designed to reduce depression. These are not on the list to stop one from carrying. Should they be? I do not know but can understand how uneasy the LEO feel. Heck that makes me uneasy. Another issue is the lack of training required. For a LEO to carry they need extensive training and retraining. Us well hunters safety course. Again to saying this bad just saying I understand the position some LEO have with this issue.

I appreciate and trust most LEO will handle this professionally and without incident.

Hope tomorrow brings some permits be safe and aware.
    While it is true that due to a law recently passed it brings change. However in reality the old law should have never been in place if one believes in the US constitution. If there never would have been a law banning concealed carry there wouldn't be all the hullabaloo now.

With that said there really isn't much change for law enforcement. Prior to November 1 they, for the most part, did not have to worry about the law abiding citizens with a stop. My take is they will not have to worry now about 99.9% of concealed carriers, with a permit, with a stop. However as things changed in America they do have to be guarded with any stop of anyone since there is no way for them to know if they are stopping a low life with a weapon that will open fire upon them. Also, we are the 49th state to allow carrying and some, most likely, have a similar law as ours concerning whether the permit holder is mandated to immediately inform and I doubt they have had any major issues with it.

Keep in mind this is all new to us and it will all work out in the end. Will there possibly be incidents, most likely. Hopefully none of us will be involved.

Let's hope that tomorrow many mailboxes are filled with the envelope that contains The Concealed Carry Permit
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

hi there, my name is keith came across you're amazing theread here by chance on google.
    im an active duty marine currently deployed on the 31sst meu, when i was on pre deployment leave i had sent in my paperwork. so the date i mailed mine in, not to sure..
    so here are my stats on my process..
    mailed somewhere between nov 15-20th
    just recently inquired about my check now that i am in oki, via email stated check cashed and cleared on the 9th of december.
    and thats all i know as of now. anyone else check cashed or cleared on or around that day?

overview:
    mailed 15-20th of nov
    check cleared 9th of dec
    today. : nothing yet. just letting others know, as they have to me by, reading this one topic for several hours lol.

also im planing on carrying a XDM .45 3.8C OR AN M&P .45 COMPAC shot both and hard for me to decide, but personaly love the history and reliability about the glock, but the feel and shooting is just not for me.
    id love to make freinds and meet new people here thank you and hope you all have a safe and enjoyable new years!
    semper fi
    keith

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    If you look at the previous post you will realize going to the DOJ to inquire where your permit will futile at best. More than likely you will come away more frustrated then you already are.

Your application is in some bin, pile on someone's desk along with all the others and will be issued whenever. Like I stated check out the older posts. Many of us, including me, that sent their applications in after November 1 have gotten our permits before those that sent them on the first. It is plain to see as of now the DOJ has no real workable system for issuing permits. Case in point is my application:
    Mailed: November 9 [from West Allis]
    Check cleared: November 21
    Issued: December 5
    Received: December 7
    By rights you should have gotten your permit already and before mine. Most likely you will get a 'stock' answer that your application is being processed and you will get it soon. Or something to that effect. I do feel for you and all the others that have not gotten the permit.

Pres_dad, please do inform us as to the outcome if you do or do not get your permit. Hopefully you will prevail in your appeal. Good luck.
    Your right! no rhyme no reason. Don't try to apply logic to the DOJ's processing of applications. I can't for the life of me understand why they put "Applications will be processed in order of receipt" on page #1
    I mailed mine on 11/04
    Check deposited 11/16
    Approved 12/12
    Received 12/17
    While waiting I saw postings of people filing late November and being issued permits day's and in some cases weeks before me! I would suggest that you contact a pro ccw lawmaker and file a complaint. Perhaps if enough people complain to the lawmakers that may force the DOJ into some sort of accountability. From what we have researched and read of this law be it 45 days or 21 days it's a toothless law. I wish you all the luck.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    Flag is up on my mailbox. Will be watching for mailman. Everyone wish me luck on permit tomarrow. Check cashed 11-23. Thanks.
    Good Luck!!!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kreinert6 View Post
    hi there, my name is keith came across you're amazing theread here by chance on google.
    im an active duty marine currently deployed on the 31sst meu, when i was on pre deployment leave i had sent in my paperwork. so the date i mailed mine in, not to sure..
    so here are my stats on my process..
    mailed somewhere between nov 15-20th
    just recently inquired about my check now that i am in oki, via email stated check cashed and cleared on the 9th of december.
    and thats all i know as of now. anyone else check cashed or cleared on or around that day?

overview:
    mailed 15-20th of nov
    check cleared 9th of dec
    today. : nothing yet. just letting others know, as they have to me by, reading this one topic for several hours lol.

also im planing on carrying a XDM .45 3.8C OR AN M&P .45 COMPAC shot both and hard for me to decide, but personaly love the history and reliability about the glock, but the feel and shooting is just not for me.
    id love to make freinds and meet new people here thank you and hope you all have a safe and enjoyable new years!
    semper fi
    keith
    Welcome to the fold Keith! Your permit will eventually make it to you! I like your choices of side arms. I love my xdm 45 3.8! It's my daily carry. My Glock 32 has a sweet snap to it and incredibly loud! Semper Fi stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by LC9 View Post
    I thought it was you.. someone must have a similar avatar. I just did a search for kangaroo by your username and found nothing. I remember clicking a link to their site from a post here and the avatar had a pink barrel.

Anyways.. that holster solves my carrying problem for button downs tucked in. I travel for work alot.
    LC9 it was I that posted a link to the Kangaroo. At some point kathie63 commented on it ,that is where the confusion may have come in.
    If I ever post a product it is only for others to look at I would never take anything from anyone for recommending a product.
    I use the Kangaroo, it is an option. Like any carry method it takes getting use to. We were we fooling around yesterday with grand kids. Someone said grandpa can't do a head stand.
    Well with my SR9C in it I did one with no strap over the weapon it stayed in holster.
    When you get it wear it around the house awhile get use to it. I were button or snap shirts tucked in most of the time and have gotten use to getting weapon out with no problem.
    One option there is no prefect way to carry for everyone. I used different ways depending on many things.

:
    Quote Originally Posted by kreinert6 View Post
    love the history and reliability about the glock, but the feel and shooting is just not for me.
    semper fi
    keith
    I have to laugh a little when he says that, because, "what steeped Glock in history is there", when compared to a Lend-Lease Victory Model Smith & Wesson, or a Remington-Rand 1911-A1?
    Welcome Kreinert, and "permission to come aboard."
    And remember history is something that still has American Walnut on it! LOL
    My WI. CCW Permit Statistics
    Applied & Hand delivered to DOJ: 11/01/2011
    Check # 4548 Cleared: .............. 11/07/2011
    Permit #39 received via USPS: .... 11/02/2011

Sponsored Links