Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 146

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by kreinert6 hi there, my name is keith came across you're amazing theread here by chance on google. im an active duty marine ...

Page 146 of 298 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 4461
Like Tree2179Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by kreinert6 View Post
    hi there, my name is keith came across you're amazing theread here by chance on google.
    im an active duty marine currently deployed on the 31sst meu, when i was on pre deployment leave i had sent in my paperwork. so the date i mailed mine in, not to sure..
    so here are my stats on my process..
    mailed somewhere between nov 15-20th
    just recently inquired about my check now that i am in oki, via email stated check cashed and cleared on the 9th of december.
    and thats all i know as of now. anyone else check cashed or cleared on or around that day?

overview:
    mailed 15-20th of nov
    check cleared 9th of dec
    today. : nothing yet. just letting others know, as they have to me by, reading this one topic for several hours lol.

also im planing on carrying a XDM .45 3.8C OR AN M&P .45 COMPAC shot both and hard for me to decide, but personaly love the history and reliability about the glock, but the feel and shooting is just not for me.
    id love to make freinds and meet new people here thank you and hope you all have a safe and enjoyable new years!
    semper fi
    keith
    Know the post regs . I had to help more than one service member get out of hot water for small mistakes. You may not at anytime CC on any Ferederal or State post.
    Even LEO and State Patrol must have special permission from post commander. You can not have it in you car no madder how it is secured unless Post commander has give permission.

Most post have places to check it in when you arrive there. Check with the post before you get there. Know the regs or you will find yourself in Hot water.

LC9
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    LC9 it was I that posted a link to the Kangaroo. At some point kathie63 commented on it ,that is where the confusion may have come in.
    If I ever post a product it is only for others to look at I would never take anything from anyone for recommending a product.
    I use the Kangaroo, it is an option. Like any carry method it takes getting use to. We were we fooling around yesterday with grand kids. Someone said grandpa can't do a head stand.
    Well with my SR9C in it I did one with no strap over the weapon it stayed in holster.
    When you get it wear it around the house awhile get use to it. I were button or snap shirts tucked in most of the time and have gotten use to getting weapon out with no problem.
    One option there is no prefect way to carry for everyone. I used different ways depending on many things.
    I was looking for conceal carry holsters to bide my time while I wait for my permit to arrive. Surprisingly enough, it actually worked. Now I'm looking forward to getting that holster! I like that it is easily modified to fit any pistol too. Also love the extra mag pouch built in.

I have a nylon IWB holster now, but i literally have to wear the damn thing at exactly 6 oclock to make sure that my shirt doesn't get hung up on it every time i raise my arms or bend over a little bit. That is fine and all, but very uncomfortable to sit down and much harder to draw.

Ugh.. long day of work ahead of me. Hoping permit is in the mailbox when I go home.

If I may recommend also I found a black-hawk sportster holster at Walmart for about $20.00 inexpensive but very good. It is fully customizable for open carry, concealed carry, inside or outside of pants, right or left handed, and the gun holder straps can be adjusted customized or simply removed. My daily carry is a Ruger P95 and with my holster works amazingly well nobody including my girlfriend knows if its on me or not unless I tell her. Its kinda funny because the gun shop told me that Ruger P95's are too big to conceal but here I am doing so with absolutely no problem and no imprint.
    WD54241 likes this.

I'm hoping to be reading posts today announcing many permits have arrived!!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

I know it's quiet and early, but this is about the quietest I've seen this page.

Quote Originally Posted by LC9 View Post
    I was looking for conceal carry holsters to bide my time while I wait for my permit to arrive. Surprisingly enough, it actually worked. Now I'm looking forward to getting that holster! I like that it is easily modified to fit any pistol too. Also love the extra mag pouch built in.

I have a nylon IWB holster now, but i literally have to wear the damn thing at exactly 6 oclock to make sure that my shirt doesn't get hung up on it every time i raise my arms or bend over a little bit. That is fine and all, but very uncomfortable to sit down and much harder to draw.

Ugh.. long day of work ahead of me. Hoping permit is in the mailbox when I go home.
    IWB low cost don't cut it most of the time.
    IWB requires a very strong leather belt noit the stuff you buy of the self will run about 70-80 dollars and last a life time.
    IWB a molded holster made to fit your weapon.
    If you would like a link to look at, a man that has been making them for years just yell
    How to carry is just some thing you need to work with ,wear it every minute around the house see if it stay put, if it bothers you over time.
    For me with all the stuff I have collect over the years the Kangaroo works well for a lot of situations . It has a let out seam if you need it for a laser some do some do not.
    Research you can spend more on holsters and belts than some weapons.
    Hope yours comes today.
    Daughter and one son here today so we went out back a lot of empty brass laying around and some new weapons well broken in.

No permit again today. Check cashed 11-23. Getting really old.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    For a LEO to carry they need extensive training and retraining.
    This make me chuckle. I haven't had all that fancy extensive training and retraining. But I have never stored a handgun in the oven before turning it on to make a pizza. Like a former Madison Wisconsin Police Chief did. And I've not accidentally dropped a handgun in a mall, injuring a civilian with an accidental discharge like a certain LEO did near Milwaukee. Maybe they should be required to take hunter safety?
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

LC9
    Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    ugh.. that tells me what is in store for me tonight ...

Considering all the ammo we burnt up toady will need to be replaced. Fleet and farms sales will go up again.

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    That really sucks!!!!!!!! and yet folks who filed after you are getting theres! I'd call my Representatives office and voice my complaint. I received mine on day 43!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by THEONLYGHOST View Post
    If I may recommend also I found a black-hawk sportster holster at Walmart for about $20.00 inexpensive but very good. It is fully customizable for open carry, concealed carry, inside or outside of pants, right or left handed, and the gun holder straps can be adjusted customized or simply removed. My daily carry is a Ruger P95 and with my holster works amazingly well nobody including my girlfriend knows if its on me or not unless I tell her. Its kinda funny because the gun shop told me that Ruger P95's are too big to conceal but here I am doing so with absolutely no problem and no imprint.
    The Ruger P series are a bit large but it depends on the person and how you carry. The second from the top is one of my older Ruger 9mm P89's I have had that one at least 15 year maybe a few more. still as good as new. I could CC carry it but At my size it would be awkward.
    As you can see it is not a lot different than the .45 SF para and the Para is a double stack
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Pictures

THEONLYGHOST likes this.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

hi im not sure if i worded that corectly! lol what i was trying to say is that.
    (from what i know not "history" ) the glock is knowen for reliability and functuionality. not nesesarely history per say. sorry for the confusion any who just not my thing, maybe a glock 30 sf in the future.

and thank i just hope it come in while im gone so when i get home that i dont have to track down half year old paperwork to try to start the process over again!

and yes of course no carrying on base! when i get back from deployment i will only have about 3 months left in the corps so i will plan on carryign only in wisconsin, and any other state i plan to visit or move if required :) and allowed!

and just a quick question! i have been trying to read through all the post but cant find the answer... so my check was cashed on the9th so does that mean all the training info was acepted adn aproved they just have to run the dmv check, and background check? and then its aproved?

hope every one has a good day and keeps high hopes for thoes who are waiting longer than they should! i hope all you recive youre permits soon! and excersise youre right!!

semper fi
    keith
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    That really sucks!!!!!!!! and yet folks who filed after you are getting theres! I'd call my Representatives office and voice my complaint. I received mine on day 43!
    Guess i cant complain too much then its about day 40 for me. Hopefully soon. thanks for your support. I just dont want to wait anymore. It would be nice to know they didnt loose mine.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links