Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 147

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by kreinert6 hi im not sure if i worded that corectly! lol what i was trying to say is that. (from what i ...

Page 147 of 297 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 4445
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by kreinert6 View Post
    hi im not sure if i worded that corectly! lol what i was trying to say is that.
    (from what i know not "history" ) the glock is knowen for reliability and functuionality. not nesesarely history per say. sorry for the confusion any who just not my thing, maybe a glock 30 sf in the future.

and thank i just hope it come in while im gone so when i get home that i dont have to track down half year old paperwork to try to start the process over again!

and yes of course no carrying on base! when i get back from deployment i will only have about 3 months left in the corps so i will plan on carryign only in wisconsin, and any other state i plan to visit or move if required :) and allowed!

and just a quick question! i have been trying to read through all the post but cant find the answer... so my check was cashed on the9th so does that mean all the training info was acepted adn aproved they just have to run the dmv check, and background check? and then its aproved?

hope every one has a good day and keeps high hopes for thoes who are waiting longer than they should! i hope all you recive youre permits soon! and excersise youre right!!

semper fi
    keith
    Yes if your check has been posted than you have filled it out correctly and your application goes to the BG phase.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

I want to be clear you can hammer on a couple of unfortunate incidents involving law enforcement and even hammer on training however you will be so wrong to do so because I can point out many many many more stupid crap that non-law enforcment people do with guns than you could imagine.

Now to the prescription drug thing this is my position;

I have no idea how those drugs can effect you or anyone else. That in itself makes me uncomfortable. The unknown. But as long as it does not bother or hurt me you do want you want. However it will make for good fodder if anyone who is on any I mean any precription drug is involved in a defensive shooting. The press and any prosecutor could make ones life very very uncomfortable using that against them. That's all I am saying.

I also want to say that because you are on a emotional altering prescription does not mean you are unfunctional or bad or should not be able to defend yourself or anything like that, but you have to consider the consequences of your action before, during and after any shooting. The cops and prosecutors will.

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    Guess i cant complain too much then its about day 40 for me. Hopefully soon. thanks for your support. I just dont want to wait anymore. It would be nice to know they didnt loose mine.
    Stay positive! remember your dealing with a government office which is not known for speed around here.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

I have to believe myself, this can only get better at this phase in the process. To all waiting I am hopeful for you. Better to be legal than sorry!!!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.
    My WI. CCW Permit Statistics
    Applied & Hand delivered to DOJ: 11/01/2011
    Check # 4548 Cleared: .............. 11/07/2011
    Permit #39 received via USPS: .... 11/02/2011

Took my appeal to the DOJ this morning and they sent me across the street to the Capitol. Went up to the Attorney General's office and delivered my paperwork and fingerprints. They were very friendly and nice to deal with. I asked how long the appeal process might take and was told "Not long". Now the wait continues...
    WD54241, AIRWAR and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by presa_dad View Post
    Took my appeal to the DOJ this morning and they sent me across the street to the Capitol. Went up to the Attorney General's office and delivered my paperwork and fingerprints. They were very friendly and nice to deal with. I asked how long the appeal process might take and was told "Not long". Now the wait continues...
    Good for you, hope you get it in the next few days! On a side note could you see in the DOJ office? were they looking busy?
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Good for you, hope you get it in the next few days! On a side note could you see in the DOJ office? were they looking busy?
    Didn't make it past the security desk at DOJ. I can say the Capitol Christmas tree looked very nice.

Good, I hope it's the same people, and they reverse their initial decision, thus learn and not repeat it in another situation. You will go to the front of the line, maybe even reversed and approved today. At least you didn't have a long drive. Like your matching blue tie and leash.
    My WI. CCW Permit Statistics
    Applied & Hand delivered to DOJ: 11/01/2011
    Check # 4548 Cleared: .............. 11/07/2011
    Permit #39 received via USPS: .... 11/02/2011

LC9
    And.. no permit when i got home from work. 12/30 is day 45 for me...

Quote Originally Posted by LC9 View Post
    And.. no permit when i got home from work. 12/30 is day 45 for me...
    I feel everyone's pain, I didn't think mine would ever get to me, everyday I checked the mail my hopes would shrink! I am hoping for everyone to get theirs yet this week!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Well new to the forum but read most of them today is day 49 hope tomorrow is my day but either way they should change the DOJ contact number to the DOJ no help line
    kathie63 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    I feel everyone's pain, I didn't think mine would ever get to me, everyday I checked the mail my hopes would shrink! I am hoping for everyone to get theirs yet this week!
    How many days from when doj got it was yours in your mailbox kathie?

I resubmitted mine today as well. I was also redirected to the Attorney Generals office and the nice lady told my to put it in the box. Unfortunately I dropped it in before telling her it was a return. After notifying her of this, she took my name down and told me she would retrieve it out of the box personally and direct it to the appropriate people. Hopefully I go to the top of the pile since I've already waited my 45 days. I was completely surprised by how professional she was. Hopefully she wasn't just trying to make me happy and saying that. We'll see, I guess
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

I think they received Nov 7th and it was in my mailbox on Dec 16th...39 days...43 days from date of mailing, Nov 4th
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    I think they received Nov 7th and it was in my mailbox on Dec 16th...39 days...43 days from date of mailing, Nov 4th
    To show how unorganized the application process is here is my data:
    Mailed: 11/09
    Checked cleared: 11/21
    Permit #19579 issued: 12/05
    Received: 12/07 -- 28 days from date of mailing (It is possible it might have something to do with name -- mine is close to being a rare name)
    Last edited by Crowman; December 28th, 2011 at 01:07 AM.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Links