Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 155

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Already did but thanks for the idea can't wait to get it tired of only carrying at home...

Page 155 of 297 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 4452
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Already did but thanks for the idea can't wait to get it tired of only carrying at home
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Just for fun I called Madison today. This is what I found out.
    1. If you did not send it certified mail, Then there is no way to have start date for the 45 day count. Surprise
    2. Those mailed after December 1 were moved ahead of those mailed in November to comply with the 21 day for December. Surprise again
    3. If your over the 45 day so what wait another week then contact them. Good luck.
    I call this Extreme governmental stupidity!!!!!!! Just another SNAFU
    Last edited by WD54241; December 30th, 2011 at 12:11 AM. Reason: added

Quote Originally Posted by MacGreggy View Post
    Today was the day!!!

I finally got it... and it feels AAAAAAAMAZING.
    Mailed Nov 10th
    Check Cashed Nov 23rd
    Permit issued Dec 27th
    Permit Received Dec 29th! Finally!

Now for the Wally Walk........
    congrats to you
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    So did you decide as to which hand gun your getting??
    Not completely but I am leaning to a Glock 17......I still have my ruger 357 but it is awful heavy
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

WD54241......what do you carry?

This would be a lot easier and more efficient if we would privatize the matter. Then we could just put permits up for auction.

Hey, wait a minute........

i am going to call doj in the morning and explain it has been 45 days for me. i am going to ask where to send a letter of fax of my original app and canceled check for an official inquery into my app status. I will keep you posted. If my permit shows up tomarrow no harm done right? i will post after i talk to them.

Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    alanh
    You will get it, stop worrying, it will happen

Kathie63, for this topic, you put your trust in Fox News, rather than the Wisconsin DOJ's FAQs? .................Come on?
    I don't trust Fox News or anything they say.

Quote Originally Posted by farmermom View Post
    Not completely but I am leaning to a Glock 17......I still have my ruger 357 but it is awful heavy
    A Critical Look at the Glock 17 [22.04 oz empty]
    A Critical Look at the Glock 17

A good read..... “24/7 Solution”
    http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/House%20Guns.htm
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

When looking for your new CC, please consider buying weapons made in the USA by US companies.
    Why buying a firearm made in a country the really restricts ownership but ships them here and they also restrict import of US made firearms to their country makes no sense when the best are already made here.
    Even if that company makes a few here why send all that cash out of the US.
    Glock is highly over rated but like so many thing sounds cool so many just default to it.
    THEONLYGHOST and hdman97 like this.

smitty besides any 1911 variants for cc what american made and models in .45 are you sugesting?
    i do love the 1911 perosnaly but just like to get a good idea for when i do get back to the states.
    i am personaly looking into the m&p .45 compact
    thank you
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kreinert6 View Post
    smitty besides any 1911 variants for cc what american made and models in .45 are you sugesting?
    i do love the 1911 perosnaly but just like to get a good idea for when i do get back to the states.
    i am personaly looking into the m&p .45 compact
    thank you
    Ruger is one they offer a few the P345 is worthy of a good look if you want a smaller 45. S&W MP if you looking for a compact is another. You do not hear about these fine firearms much. It just does not sound as cool as I have a Glock.
    Para is also made in US now they offer some darn fine 45's Research is required before spending your cash.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by farmermom View Post
    WD54241......what do you carry?
    I switch around, I have a XDM 45 3.8", XD 9 sub compact 3", Glock 32 357.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

I love my M&P 40c I bought it a few months ago and already have 1200+ rounds through it without a single hiccup. I don't know why the smiths are so over looked but after shooting glocks xd's and rugers of similar size and caliber it was a no brainer... The M&P is just so smooth firing and comfortable to hold IMO compared to the "gritty feel" I've experienced with Glocks... Not hating on Glocks... Just voicing my preference that's why there's so many guns out there everyone has different opinions. I do second the opinion that Goocks are overrated - not that they don't deserve thier acclaim i just think its funny when people put them on a pedestal like they are the only standard in reliability - I'm pretty sure The Smith and Wesson company didn't make a names for themselves by selling unreliable guns.

Not implying I am an authority on weapons by any means just offering my experiences!

Love my M&Pc tho!
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    When looking for your new CC, please consider buying weapons made in the USA by US companies.
    Why buying a firearm made in a country the really restricts ownership but ships them here and they also restrict import of US made firearms to their country makes no sense when the best are already made here.
    Even if that company makes a few here why send all that cash out of the US.
    Glock is highly over rated but like so many thing sounds cool so many just default to it.
    When I purchase a new hand gun the last thing I think about is where it's made. My first concern is it's history of reliability, durability, and comfort. I than look at the price which usually has a major factor on my ultimate decision process. My taste at times is much larger than my wallet, I have to consider my family obligations as well. I have said WOW on a few occasions after trying some really nice firearms and instantly falling in love until I saw the price. I recently purchased a Glock 357 and it was a tough choice between the Glock and a Springfield 357 sig, I've put about 500 through it and think I made a mistake and should have gone with the XD. Some time in the near future I'll be trading. I'd be glad to buy an American made 357 sig if the price is within my budget and feels right and the history of dependability is there. The fact it's American made is a moot point There is a list of criteria which first be met before I consider made in the USA.
    Last edited by WD54241; December 30th, 2011 at 12:17 PM. Reason: error
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Sponsored Links