Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok so i contacted doj today. Spoke with a nice lady. I told her i mailed my app in on the 10th of november... Stretched ...

Page 156 of 297 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 4444
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Ok so i contacted doj today. Spoke with a nice lady. I told her i mailed my app in on the 10th of november... Stretched the truth a little there..... She said so they have 45 days not counting mailing time so they would have received it on the 14th and it should have printed the 29th or 30th. so not counting mailing time they have until the end of next week for it to show up at my mailbox. So there you have it. I might be waiting a couple more weeks cuz i actually mailed it on the 16th. Waiting sure sucks.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    Im just so sick of waiting. but thanks for the support dude.
    You sure you sent it to DOJ and not DPW? LOL.
    Seriously if DOJ got it on 11/19 based on your 11/14 mailing date, then they have until 01/03/2012 to process and another 2-3 days to transit in the USPS. Hard as it is to accept the DOJ is not delinquent under the 45 day rule.............YET.

I helped a WW-II Veteran get his. Here is how his played out
    Mailed 11/07/11 Milwaukee Downtown USPS
    Check cleared 12/03/2011
    Permit # 13,827 received 12/23/2011

Total time = 40 days (if you allow 6 days for Mail Transit Time)
    Last edited by AIRWAR; December 30th, 2011 at 12:00 PM. Reason: clarity
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    My WI. CCW Permit Statistics
    Applied & Hand delivered to DOJ: 11/01/2011
    Check # 4548 Cleared: .............. 11/07/2011
    Permit #39 received via USPS: .... 11/02/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman199 View Post
    Already did but thanks for the idea can't wait to get it tired of only carrying at home
    That CCW public carry novelty will evaporate in two weeks, upon receipt of your permit. All you will be thinking about is not screwing up, and going into the wrong place.
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    My WI. CCW Permit Statistics
    Applied & Hand delivered to DOJ: 11/01/2011
    Check # 4548 Cleared: .............. 11/07/2011
    Permit #39 received via USPS: .... 11/02/2011

LC9
    Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    Ok so i contacted doj today. Spoke with a nice lady. I told her i mailed my app in on the 10th of november... Stretched the truth a little there..... She said so they have 45 days not counting mailing time so they would have received it on the 14th and it should have printed the 29th or 30th. so not counting mailing time they have until the end of next week for it to show up at my mailbox. So there you have it. I might be waiting a couple more weeks cuz i actually mailed it on the 16th. Waiting sure sucks.
    Did she have the ability to do anything more than speculate? Isn't there supposed to be some sort of database that she can check?

Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    That CCW public carry novelty will evaporate in two weeks, upon receipt of your permit. All you will be thinking about is not screwing up, and going into the wrong place.
    I have found that everywhere I go I'm scanning for the signs! never did that before. I forget it's even on me thats how comfortable it is!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Ok so update, i finally got a call back from the DOJ. She asked when i sent it (nov.3) and i told her my check was cashed, i told her when (nov 14) and she asked if i had recieved anything, i replied i had not. She then asked my name and dob. She asked my address and then we fiound the problem. My permit was printed on nov.17. The idiot who typed it in for the envolope or what ever accidentally hit an "r" instead of a 4 for the street i lived on. So the post office sent it back to the DOJ. Where it sat until they threw it out i guess, she couldnt find it in the return pile. She apologized and said she will label the first one lost. Waived the "lost" fee for a replacement, which might i add i didnt even have to ask for,which was extremely nice. She will have it sent to be printed right away and mailed out on tuesday next week. It was so nice the way she handled this. So my problem is fixed.... and thanks for your support on my previous post. Good luck to all!

What was lost, has been found!
    kathie63, WD54241, AIRWAR and 2 others like this.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I have found that everywhere I go I'm scanning for the signs! never did that before. I forget it's even on me thats how comfortable it is!
    Me too!

I haven't drank any alcohol since I received my CCW because I want to carry all the time!

There was 4 people stabbed outside a bar last night here in janesville.

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Ok so update, i finally got a call back from the DOJ. She asked when i sent it (nov.3) and i told her my check was cashed, i told her when (nov 14) and she asked if i had recieved anything, i replied i had not. She then asked my name and dob. She asked my address and then we fiound the problem. My permit was printed on nov.17. The idiot who typed it in for the envolope or what ever accidentally hit an "r" instead of a 4 for the street i lived on. So the post office sent it back to the DOJ. Where it sat until they threw it out i guess, she couldnt find it in the return pile. She apologized and said she will label the first one lost. Waived the "lost" fee for a replacement, which might i add i didnt even have to ask for,which was extremely nice. She will have it sent to be printed right away and mailed out on tuesday next week. It was so nice the way she handled this. So my problem is fixed.... and thanks for your support on my previous post. Good luck to all!

What was lost, has been found!
    An admission on there part! I'm impressed! Way cool for you!!! You gotta be smiling! and next week you will be doing an Irish jig.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

LC9
    I'm gonna walk over to the DOJ on my lunch break with a copy of my cashed check and see if she can look me up. Today is day 45 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    Me too!

I haven't drank any alcohol since I received my CCW because I want to carry all the time!

There was 4 people stabbed outside a bar last night here in janesville.
    When booze is involved, bad out comes or were these attacks from BG who stalked the bar setting the victims up? BG will zero in now on the locations where they know we cant carry.
    THEONLYGHOST and Cyngen like this.

I've seen that early applicants have generally received their permits around the mandated 45 day timeframe. I mailed my application December 12th, check cleared December 16th. Should I expect my permit within the 21 day limit for applications received by the D.O.J. after December 1st?

Quote Originally Posted by LC9 View Post
    Did she have the ability to do anything more than speculate? Isn't there supposed to be some sort of database that she can check?
    Not over the phone

Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    You sure you sent it to DOJ and not DPW? LOL.
    Seriously if DOJ got it on 11/19 based on your 11/14 mailing date, then they have until 01/03/2012 to process and another 2-3 days to transit in the USPS. Hard as it is to accept the DOJ is not delinquent under the 45 day rule.............YET.

I helped a WW-II Veteran get his. Here is how his played out
    Mailed 11/07/11 Milwaukee Downtown USPS
    Check cleared 12/03/2011
    Permit # 13,827 received 12/23/2011

Total time = 40 days (if you allow 6 days for Mail Transit Time)
    I know just sick of waiting... But u are right. I was hoping to be on the faster track than the slow one.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldjimstallis View Post
    I've seen that early applicants have generally received their permits around the mandated 45 day timeframe. I mailed my application December Th, check cleared December Th. Should I expect my permit within the 21 day limit for applications received by the D.O.J. after December ST?
    I'd say yes, I wouldn't expect it to early. I'd figure right around the 21 day mark.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldjimstallis View Post
    I've seen that early applicants have generally received their permits around the mandated 45 day timeframe. I mailed my application December 12th, check cleared December 16th. Should I expect my permit within the 21 day limit for applications received by the D.O.J. after December 1st?
    I'm thinking you should be seeing your permit arrive Jan 4 - 6th.

Links